FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 593>
Author
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 9:30pm
Thanks for asking heavenly.talker. Still waiting for my AMH results to come back before we can put the application in....was hoping to get it sorted before my next Day1 which I think will be this weekend, but with hubby going away for work on Wednesday I suspect its not going to happen....

I'm trying to resist emotional eating...have had a bad few weeks eating wise but now need to get back on track to be as healthy as possible!

Hope everyone is doing ok with your different stages in your journey xo
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Sponsored Links

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2015 at 9:37pm
Fingers crossed for you ht.
Yep 24 is stupid short. Ov'd day 13 and had 12 LP. Has be averaging 12 days for a whole now. It doesn't normally bother me because it's not like I get utd on my own but timing wise it's just a bit annoying lol. You watch my next cycle will chuck a 31 day-er or something. Which actually would be ok!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:34am
Thanks ladies. It's pretty devastating to continuously have the same outcome every month - as we all very well know. I think I'm taking it a bit better with a new plan in place. BC not sure if I will go back to Pip, it was a nice hope to hang on to but I don't think it will be the answer for me. I might look at going back to her if we get IVF underway, just as a prep thing maybe.

Merrily yaye for a great scan and reaching 8 weeks! Bubba sounds nice and happy in there

HT my fingers are always crossed for you - one can always have hope our miracles will happen right when we least expect them to - I know I always do

How are the injections going Mushroom and Rosey?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Helen191310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Helen191310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 10:21am
I was reading this thread for some time and finally decided to write cause I just needed some support and wise word from people who know what we're going through.
Here is our story - quite a long one to read so can't blame if you can't make it till the end :)) Me and my DH started our TTC journey around Sep 2012. About half a year later we had our 1st appointment (private) with FA where it was suggested that I should have a laparoscopy for ovarian cyst removal and hysteroscopy to check my tubes (this happened in June 2013). They drained out the cyst and results of the hysteroscopy weren't that great - one of the tubes was blocked. On the follow-up appointment we found out that the only possible way for us to have a baby is IVF. 1st cycle (public funded) was scheduled for May 2014. On that appointment they've found that cyst came back and had to have another laparoscopy to remove it. I had it in June 2014 - cyst was removed as well as a little bit of endo. So the IVF cycle was re-scheduled to Oct 14 but it was moved to Jan 15 because of my DH's health issues. After Christmas and NY all was going well and we were quite excited to start our 1st IVF cycle. I won't tell the whole process of IVF cause this is another story)) but the outcome wasn't good. I had BFN at the end. Our doctor suggested that reason for that could be returning cyst (yes, it came back again) as well as endo. So before going with 2nd public funded cycle he advised us to have another op in about 3 month and meanwhile he put me on quite strong hormone treatment for endo. Op was supposed to be in June 2015 but I got flu couple week before that so it was cancelled. They've re-scheduled it for August but than I had a call and they've told that it moved again to Sep. That was quite a devastating news cause it looks like we're playing never ending waiting game and not moving any further.
We're trying to stay positive but this is bloody hard when everything is not going as planned((   So any advice how to cope with the frustration are much appreciated.   Thanks )))
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 10:47am
Welcome Helen and sorry to hear your journey has been so frustrating.
You've come to the right thread as we're all in the same boat in dealing with what you've described.
My advice is to find things to focus on away from ttc. For me it's netball and focussing on fitness. I live my life like ttc doesn't factor for most of the time so that means yep I drink alcohol when I feel like it and eat crap if I feel like it lol.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Helen191310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 11:18am
Hi babycrazy. Thanks for your reply.
To focus on something different from ttc kinda works for me as well... but only until I've got news that we can't do some procedures within the planned time frame because something went wrong (and it's not because WE did something wrong)..
but anyway I suppose this is our life unfortunately and we have to take it as it is... sorry for all this mourning     Still trying to stay positive as much as possible
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 12:03pm
Hi Helen, welcome! I'm sorry it's been a hard journey for you and everything keeps getting pushed back.

I ditto everything BC says. Focusing on something else really helps, although not always possible as we all understand - I for one have it on my mind every single day.... but like BC I too live like it's not the all of everythng and enjoy my wine when I want and eat what I want (all within reason of course )

Where are you based? If you are in Auckland, it might be worth looking into an appointment with Pip Lodge. You may have heard us mention her before, but she works really well with ladies who have issues with endo and blocked tubes particularly might be an option for you while you wait for your surgery - and a great reason to get a wonderful body massage

Good luck!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen191310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 12:35pm
Thanks for advice Storm

I'm in Wellington
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 1:02pm
Hi Helen
Pip from Bloom massage often does clinics in Wellington so that could be something to look into. Sorry to hear your story, it is a long time to be waiting. 
I too regularly grow cysts so I would ask that in months where you are not undergoing treatment if you can take a trigger injection. It could be a bit of long shot, but for a relatively little amount of money, it forces your ovaries to release all the eggs that they might be trying to grow. Unless your partner has no sperm then it could also mean a miracle could still happen. The upshot of doing this is it means that you aren't growing cysts in down cycles that then could impact on planned fertility treatment later. 
I'm not an expert so there may be a reason why they haven't done this, but for me, I feel much more comfortable with cycles when I am forced to trigger than those that are not... like this one, sigh. 
Hint... if you are getting acne along your jaw line and on your neck there is a good chance that you have developed a cyst in that cycle... not sure how accurate that assessment is, but it is something I have noticed along the way and is consistent with the PCOS information that is about.

I hope your stay is short and sweet and that your treatment rolls around quickly. Best wishes with your journey, I hope you get your little pregnant belly soon :-)

Edited by heavenly.talker - 28 July 2015 at 1:03pm
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Helen191310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 4:23pm
Thanks for this info and hint heavenly.talker.
I'm not quite sure why they haven't offered me a trigger option - I might ask the doctor when I see him next time.

Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 5:30pm
Don't you hate it when you type a reply and then it disappears into the ether?! Let's see, what was I saying...?

HT that is so interesting - I developed a big cyst during IVF treatment and was able to accessorise with some jawline acne to go with it :) My doctor was not worried about the cyst actually - it did limit the egg making ability of that ovary, but the other ovary was fine. Having said that, I'm no doctor - there are probably a raft of reasons why it might be fine for one patient and not for another.

Sorry you've had such a tough road Helen. It really is hard, so at least know that you're not alone in feeling that. I don't have a whole lot more to add advice-wise. I have found acupuncture helpful for emotion well being, and also EFT (Tapping). The other thing I know helps but I'm not always good at following through on is exercise. Get those free endorphins going.

That said, I by no means have it all together! I got the very happy news of a good HCG rise last week and now I am on to worrying about not having symptoms and am anxious for the first scan to prove something is actually happening!

So hope you get that happy surprise HT xx
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 8:18pm
Hey Helen, sorry to hear of your frustrating journey so far. It is so hard when it feels you have no control over how things are progressing. Hormone treatment doesn't help the emotions either. I second the suggestion of Pip - maybe you could even email her and ask if she has a welly clinic coming up. - if nothing else it might feel like you're taking some positive action.

Sorry to hear it was another loss storm, that sucks! Good to hear you have a plan to focus on tho.

Hope those follies are growing well Rosey and Mushroom

I'm having a lovely relaxing few days away with hubby, have been pampered with a massage and hot springs today. With me having taken on a big new contract at work and putting our house on the market, TTC has taken a bit of a back seat this month. Think we only BD'd once around ov, so would take a miracle but hey, we can always hope.

Hugs to all x

TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 8:26pm
I messaged pip the other day about a we'll clinic, she said sometime in the next couple of months but no dates yet.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
*Beaker* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Beaker* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:01pm
Sorry for your loss Storm x I hope you can get some answers.

I am clearing out my house before we renovate and just getting rid of surplus stuff, does anyone still use OPKs and want 12 for free that expire 4/16? I am happy to post to you for free.
After nearly 3 years TTC, surprise BFP expecting #1 February 16!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:18pm
Oooh craftea that's good to hear pips possibly heading down this way. Might have to look at trying to get in to see her if timing is right.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:26pm
Just a quick question. I have what appears to be my af only ten days after my m/c and d&c. This seems a little quick? The only reason I am concerned is I am meant to start next tablets for trying with frozen arrives. Is this really ad? Thoughts? Will ring clinic in morning but interested in your thoughts.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:39pm
Has anyone been tested for the mthfr gene?
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:42pm
Umm does seem strange kiwi. Are your bloods back to zero yet? With mine I got a bleed exactly a month after but my bloods weren't back to zero so don't know Olof was actually AF. From memory it was maybe a bit lighter than normal too.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 10:02pm
They haven't scheduled any blood tests for hcg. In fact dr was just when af arrives take the tablets. I'm finding it hard to believe it is and expect to be told it's not but its behaving like a normal af. Just hoping if it isn't that it does not delay real af. Just keen to get the show on the road!! Would be good to share some happy news with family before Xmas!!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 10:09pm
Very surprised you haven't had more bloods. I had to have them weekly until I got zero. Understand your frustration if it is AF you don't want to have missed it and taking your pills!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 315316317318319 593>