FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 593>
Author
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 6:54pm
Sending you lots of love and strength for your journey Poppy, I don't know anything about your baby's condition, but I do think all babies are special xo

Does anyone follow Melody McCabes Blog? (used to be on essential mums, but now just on her own one hopefulmama) They had a gender surprise cake today - here's some photos, so sweet https://twitter.com/SweetReleaseWLG/status/627721222013321216
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Sponsored Links

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 8:29pm
Hugs to you poppy. I can only imagine how scary things must be for you right now, but this is totally the right place to post... we're all on the same journey of trying to have a baby in here. I hope that you find peace in all of it.

Mushroom, how are you getting on?

Craftea, thanks for sharing that blog. I followed here about a year ago, but kind of lost track of it. So cool to see she's UTD!!!

No news from me. I thought our dates were set but i got a call from the clinic last week saying they haven't gotten confirmation from the PGD clinic in aussie about it being ok to test my embies :-( And DH has already canceled a business trip because they set those dates for us. I will be so grumpy if he could have gone and wasted all the cancellation money because of this gaf.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2015 at 10:11pm
Oh Poppy of course you can post in here! Hugs hun what an experience for you xxx hope you have lots of support and live around you right now xxx
A.girl hugs to you too! Crazy hoe much this yruly takes over our lives huh. Hopefully its not all a waste of money xx
Well AF arrived today- didnt expect it for a few more days but wasnt really charting so might have got my dates wrong?? But anyway CD1 Here of our last cycle before going back on clomid. Then straight after that cycle hubbys away for a month so thatl be it until november. So going to do all i can to be healthy this month, cutting processed sugar and lowering my caffeine intake. And just try to enjoy it before we are fully in the swing of things again.
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
_Soda_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _Soda_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 8:19am
Scrap that- talking to hubby and weve decided since hes going away well go back on clomid NOW! (Like, today! Lol) at best wel get our bfp, at worst we will shorten this cycle enough to get another round in before he goes away..Nothing to lose, right?
My little miracle 6/1/2011
My angel in Heaven 9/5/14
Helen191310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen191310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 10:31am
Thanks Dolly, Star and Mushroom for your words. i've tried to stay busy and not think about all the stuff which is going on. organised long weekend for ourselves which was quite good )))
Good luck to everyone with your journeys and have a nice and positive week with lots of good news :)

Edited by Helen191310 - 03 August 2015 at 10:33am
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 1:58pm
For you girls who have done monitored Clomid cycles, did you temp as well? I haven't been temping for a while (was doing my head in, because my cycles vary from 25-59 days), just keeping track of my cycles. It does mean I never know when ovulation is going to be. I am doing two monitored cycles and then two unmonitored cycles, and I'm wondering whether I should start temping again for the unmonitored cycles. If none of the 4 cycles are successful we move on to a laparoscopy and then IUI or IVF (probably IVF because of the higher success rate).
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 2:59pm
So much going on in here ladies! It's pretty exciting

Mushroom wow that's alot of eggs you had there! Hows things today? Have you had your trigger or any word on whether it will be a freeze all cycle?

Nik how was your egg collection on Friday? (sorry if I've missed that post)

A.girl arrgh! How annoying you still haven't heard anything! Fingers crossed you hear soon. Wasting of money is a hard thing to get over in this baby making game!

Soda that's great you and DH have decided now is the time to get back onto your clomid. Fingers crossed it does the trick for you before he goes away!

Minik8, I stopped temping ages ago! Don't think I ever did temp on my clomid cycles - I always hated temping haha but I did always do OPK's during those cycles, and always found it to be different, by only a day or 2, to what FA said was when I would OV. I found that handy when I did my unmonitored cycles last year too.

big hi hi to everyone else

Nothing new to report from me, looking forward to my FA appointment next week. And thanks for everyones advice/words on the fertility cover. Still not sure what we will do yet, but had a convo with my mum yesterday about it, and in the end she said even if we do get our baby from the first round in the cover, we have our much wanted baby - and that's priceless. Really put my mind at ease about it I think so we'll just wait and see how the appointment next week goes.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 4:09pm
Hehe I'm not a fan of temping either....got a text from FA saying my blood tests indicate the ovulation is likely, get in touch if my period hasn't arrived in 7-10 days. From the cramps I have already, I'm pretty sure it will arrive.
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 4:15pm
Poppy sorry for my delayed reply, gosh what a blow. It must be incredibly stressful. Are there any other tests that the doctors are able to do or is it just wait and see? I so hope your little girl is ok xxx Please post here any time! I feel like we should all be granted smooth pregnancies after struggling to conceive, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that!

Hi everyone else. Minik8e I didn't temp but I did use OPKs for my unmonitored cycles. You should get a fair idea of how your body responds to the clomiphene from the monitored cycles anyway.
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 4:24pm
Hi all, just a quick update that I had my egg retrieval today. Got 21 eggs, so will be a freeze-all cycle. Resting at home today. Found procedure rather painful - not sure if the drugs did anything - certainly weren't happy drugs this time! But all good, just have to watch for ohss symptoms now (been sent home with strict instructions for this!).
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Dolly_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dolly_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 4:32pm
Wow, 21 eggs, that's huge! Well done! You look after yourself mushroom xxx Nothing but movies, hot water bottle and whatever yummy treats you feel like :)
minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 4:33pm
That's an awesome amount of eggs Mushroom!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 5:04pm
Go Mushroom. Great egg retrieval! Apart from it being more painful that is! Hope you rest well.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 5:32pm
Mushroom, that's a fantastic number of eggs!! Do they let them get to day 5 stage and then freeze or freeze straight away? After egg collection I was surprised how long it took to feel alright, my advice don't rush it! Take care!!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 7:14pm
Yay mushroom! You're a rock star! !! Hoping for good news to follow. . .

Thanks for all the kind words of support. Just got a msg from the clinic to confirm that we start injections on the 21st. Whew! So glad they didn't bump it back any further.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 7:31pm
Yay a.girl - so glad your starting in a few weeks!

Poppy - I am so, so sorry you got sucky news. So hard to know what to expect, but I'm sure you'll have a beautiful baby. I love this very short story about what it's like to parent a child with extra needs http://www.advocateforspecialneeds.com/Lori_Boehm/A_Trip_To_Holland.html

Soda - yay for clomid!

Kiwigirl - they'll hopefully be growing them to day 5 and freezing whatever embies make it. Will get a call tomorrow regarding how many eggs were mature/fertilised, then update on day 3 and day 5. If, but some amazing chance, I have heaps at day 3 they'll probably freeze some then - my friend had 5 frozen at day 3, and 6 frozen at day 5 - all depends on what happens!
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 7:31pm
Quick hi from me. Mushroom you rock star alright! I hear you on that pain chick I'm sure the drugs didn't work for me either. Rest up and hope you recover well.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 7:58pm
Sorry to hear it was painful Mushroom :-(. That doesn't sound good at all. Congrats on the massively awesome haul :-). Yay, wishing you all the best for fertilisation xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 9:51pm
Thats a good haul mushroom - hopefully you can rest easy and get back to feeling normal soon. When I had 25eggs collected I felt a bit rough for about 5days after. That cycle also I found the drugs didn't work so well - and I remembered a lot of what happened, my 2nd IVF the drugs worked much better, there were only 10eggs that time so not sure if that made a difference, but also the first time round i was actually trying to pay attention to what was going on, where as the 2nd time round I just closed my eyes and let it all happen, so i wonder if that helped the drugs work better for me.

So today in the space of about 6hrs we went from starting our next round of IVF in about 4weeks time....to starting it tomorrow! Spontaneous IVF anyone! Still got to finish off the paperwork and make a very large payment, but as we're doing a longer protocol that'll be ok.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Rosey13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosey13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 10:16pm
Hi all, mushroom that sounds like a great amount of eggs! I unfortunately am not responding great to the IVF drugs and am still waiting waiting waiting. I had a scan today which showed 7 follies at about 14mm and I am already on increased dosage of meds. First round of IVF and I really wasn't at all expecting that I wouldn't respond very well - so I am am hoping that on Wednesday wen I go back that they have grown a bit bigger. I feel a bit gutted to b honest 😢. What a ride
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 593>