FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358359 593>
Author
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 9:43am
Creaftea get into those carbs! haha. Glad you are feeling ok. I def think the more you go through it the less you feel... I think that's how I get now.

With all the "googling" about stuff I do, I have come across some other forums that talk about using an HCG shot to help, but I think it was more to do with implantation? Not something I've heard of being used here though?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Sponsored Links

CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 9:58am
Hehe I haven't actually googled HcG....what is wrong with me lol I've Google everything else! Maybe I'll ask my dr about it - the blog did say it was new and not much research done so I suspect my dr won't be that into it.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 10:46am
Craftea you had the scratch didn't you? Perhaps this time they can up the drugs dosage? That seemed to have worked well for me so far this time. Or perhaps a different protocol?

Hehe I think when I was looking into the scratching as implantation support, I came across some talk of an HCG shot being used aswell I think we get to the point of just wanting to try everything and anything, and hope that the dr's are on board with it!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 12:10pm
Yep we did the scratch. Actually thinking we had too higher dose of stims - I responded very quickly (despite my low AMH) and had egg collection 9days after starting stims (has to be 8+ days I think they said to go ahead).

Yeah definitely get to the stage of doing anything and everything.....I'm not sure there's much else left to try.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 1:09pm
Hello ladies! Hoping everyone is well. Af came today so we are now on day one. Will here from the lab in a couple days with dates. This is our last frostie so am nervous that we are just doing the same plan as last times but guess there isn't to much they can do different.
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 2:59pm
Hi everyone! Took myself away from here for a couple of days to get my head out of the TTC space, and there's lots to catch up on!

Amie - I'm really sorry to hear of your terrible treatment on top of the already awful time you must be going through. I hope you've got lots of family/friends supporting you now.

BC - yay for drugs! (had to say it). So good to feel like you're actively doing something.

Soda - if you're still lurking, all the best.

a.girl - Hope you're finding distractions in the school holidays. I'm with Guy too, and really like everyone I've dealt with. Apparently the delay is because of time off in school holidays - perfectly reasonable but I have to admit that at the time it did feel a little bit like salt being rubbed in the wound! And I'm actually ok now with not seeing him until the 21st as my next CD1 won't be until about a week after that so it's not like any treatment is being delayed. While it would be nice to know if we'll be doing the same protocol etc, it doesn't actually make any difference - I'll stress and over-think about it all whether I know or not!

In other related news, we've spoken with DH's family and we're getting some financial assistance from them which means we're going to be able to go straight on to another round without waiting until we've saved up again. Huge relief.

Craftea - good tip about booking review at EC.

Storm - thanks for asking! I'm feeling good now. I thought I felt reasonably ok over the past month (compared to how bad I thought it might get), but I've realised by how I feel today that actually I can't have been that good because I feel like I'm back to normal now which is heaps better than what I had thought was normal. Sorry, that's really rambling and a bit incoherent but hopefully you understand what I mean!!

Kiwigirl - fingers crossed that it's lucky last for you!

Hope everyone is doing well
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 3:18pm
Craftea - I'm assuming you're meaning human growth hormone (HGH), not HCG? I work in university research so have good access to scientific articles (but I'm not a scientist), so I've just had a quick search for you and from what I can see HGH has had some good results with women who have a poor ovarian response, but there hasn't been much research published since the late 90s. From memory I think you've had OHSS which I think would definitely put you out of the poor responder category.

But as with anything, if you're interested, probably worth asking the experts!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 9:48pm
oh yeah HGH whoops. Oh I didn't think of looking on the Uni databases for journal articles....gotta be better than google lol I had OHSS the first cycle, but having said that I did get good numbers the other cycles, and some make it to day5, just not the freezer any more or to sticking. But I do have low AMH. I suspect my Dr won't be that into it with a lack of research behind it.

this is a good blog post to read http://www.bubblesandbumps.com/the-last-last-hurrah-how-going-to-a-theme-park-can-help-you-prepare-for-fertility-treatment/
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
trinab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trinab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 10:15pm
Hi ladies

Just popping in (aka lurking) for an update on everyone - congratulations Mushroom!!!! So exciting!!!! BC great news about the drug pick up, back on the rollercoaster. Hugs Soda, thank you for all your wise and supportive words, they've sure made a difference to everyone in the group xxx

Edited by trinab - 01 October 2015 at 10:16pm
TTC since Dec 06
Me 31 - PCOS treating with Metformin
DH 39 - MFI
IVF/ICSI #1 (Private) - Aug 14 - BFN, no frosties
IVF/ICSI #2 (Private) - March 15 - 2 collected, 1 fertilised, 2day transfer 17/05.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 6:35am
Hey trina - lovely to hear from you. How you keeping hun?

Roubaix that's great you've managed to make another round work so soon.
Kiwi fingers crossed that this lil frostie is the one x
How's everyone else?

Had a little panny attack yesterday while at work and checking out the calendar - my word it's busy. Then trying to slot in ivf which obviously has to take priority just makes it mad. Especially when like ec will be right in the middle of end of year testing. Whoops lol. Not to worry. I'm just going to take each day as it comes.
Have a great day girls xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 8:00am
Hey everyone.
BC they do say if you want something done ask a busy person 😀.
I'm still going through the process had another jab of methotrexate on Wednesday and am suffering the side effects this time. Just hope it works soon as I'm not sure how much more I can take

Hope everyone else is good xx
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 11:26am
Kumeroa sending you big hugs hun! It's just awful this is dragging out for you, and to have side effects on top of it all!

Roubaix that is great you are feeling a bit more normal (whatever that is during this journey lol ) and awesome you can get straight back into another round.

Kiwi yaye for AF (kind of) so now you can get onto your little frostie. I have everything crossed this is your little one.

Eek BC, def take it all one day at a time. Might keep your sanity a little bit that way

Mushroom how are you going hun? Do you have a first scan booked yet?

Not too much going on for me ATM. My AF seemed to really take it's time to winder away, but I think it's finally about to disappear! Man, it was just so different after EC! I've been getting headaches a bit lately, not sure if it's just cause I'm super tired, or if it is hormonal muck about still! Oh well! So I'm just hanging out for my scratch which can't seem to come quick enough!

Have a nice Friday ladies!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 6:40pm
Roubaix - I meant to say earlier that it's amazing how you can think you're ok but as time passes and you actually ARE ok you look back and realise how not ok you were - if that makes sense. I look back to when I had my miscarriage last year and I thought I was doing ok but looking back I was just existing and that carried on through my next treatment and last chemical. It wasn't until I took time off this year and really just lived that I realised what I was going through.

Yep Storm one day at a time. I'm super super lucky to have a boss (think I've raved about her already lol) that totally understands and has let me make IVF my priority. She even said that I could miss the conference I'm going to next week if I needed to do IVF this cycle. This is professional development that the school has invested thousands in! But thankfully I haven't had to, just means it impacts on term time.
And MAN I can't wait for it to start! I guess I just want to know my fate lol.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 6:46pm
Roubaix & BC - that totally makes sense, its how i've felt so often on this journey. When I had OHSS i thought i was starting to feel ok, til a few days later when i really started to feel ok and i realised my earlier ok wasn't ok at all. And similar after my miscarriage as well. It wasn't til this year that I realised how much of an impact Progynova had been having on me as I was on it for months last year, and it took months to stop having an effect, not taking it this year (as well as going to Uni which I did mostly to save my mental health) has made everything so much more copable.

Pleased you have a supportive boss BC, makes all the difference.

have a lovely weekend :)
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 6:36pm
A good article http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/72648761/my-fertility-is-none-of-your-business
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 8:15pm
Good read aye craftea. Tempted to share it on Facebook :)
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 8:17pm
Yeah I was tempted too but the thought I'm just opening myself up to people wondering and guessing. I liked it (and the original post) so figured it might turn up in some peoples time lines from that....and maybe my friends who do know might share it then....
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 7:12pm
Just popping in to say I'll be gone for a month or so. Lost bubs today, guess it just wasn't meant to be. Don't know if we'll be doing a transfer this year or not now, as I'll be taking another cycle off, then it will be getting into the Christmas period. We'd already decided we won't be doing another round of IVF, so I guess we'll do the two transfers at some point, and they'll either work, or hubby will get the snip so I don't have to have another m/c on the very small chance we could get preggers again. Feeling very old atm, even though a lot of women don't even start having kids till older than me, I'm starting to feel it's time to bow out soon.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 7:20pm
Omg so sorry to hear that Mushroom! Big hugs to you and look after yourself
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 7:22pm
Oh no mushroom :-( my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully the time off will help you recoup and refresh and be ready for a healthy preg next year. Big hugs. Xx
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 355356357358359 593>