FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 357358359360361 593>
Author
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 8:24pm
Amie, I'm sorry to hear that it's been so hard, but it's ok to be sad. You gotta work thru those emotions. A fert counselor will be great to talk to as well. I've been seeing someone off and on thru our struggles and find it super helpful. Oh, and my hcg usually takes about 4 weeks to drop from about 300. It's an awful feeling seeing that positive hpt..   I totally get that.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Sponsored Links

CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 8:54pm
Yeah bc it's good to have things to distract you.

Always good to feel like things are happening storm 😀 I'm actually not really counting down to our appt this time - might be cos that means exams are close lol. I'm also not that hopeful he'll have anything new to say...suspect he'll just say it's about perseverance and a numbers game. I'm a bit torn about whether we should get stuck straight into the next cycle or if we should wait and try and get healthier, tho I am pretty health I just haven't been perfect at cutting all the treats out that I planned to! (Yes a little bit of a perfectionist and a control freak here!)
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 10:31am
Hi ladies,

How is everyone doing today? It's a beautiful sunny day in Auckland today and it's amazing how much a day like this can lift your mood!

Have any of you ladies heard of castor oil packs?

I've been doing some research online (as you do, if you are as obsessed as I am haha) just looking at uterine health etc in preparation for my transfer (alot of it is eating the right stuff which I'm doing anyway) and have come across castor oil packs a few times. I've heard plenty how good castor oil can be for many things anyway, but have now read that using a pack - which is a cloth covered in castor oil, rested on the skin, covered in plastic (glad wrap or plastic bag) then a hot water bottle, covered in a towel.. and relax (if anything it sounds like a perfect excuse to put your feet up and relax LOL) it seems to be useful for hormone circulation and uterine health if placed around lower abdomen. Can be used for liver and digestive health too, which I guess all ties in with fertility too
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 10:36am
Sunny in wellington too - have had sun for a few days, and you're right life seems so much better with some sunshine.

I remember reading about castor oil at some stage (in one of my google sessions lol) but I can't remember much about it, haven't tried it. Have you been to the lady in auckland that does fertility massage? I have been hoping she might come to wellington so I could try her out but I haven't heard if she's coming anytime soon.

Do any of you ladies take DIM?
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 10:43am
Yaye for sunshine in Welly Craftea

Hmmm I'm thinking of giving it a try aswell as some nettle tea. I will ask FA though, but I'm doing a natural FET so figured some natural remedies couldn't hurt? You only use the castor oil pack from day after AF finishes, to OV.
Yup I've been to Pip. She was great! Although it hasn't helped me yet, she has had alot of success in the last year with her massage. It would be great if she came to Wellington. I did talk to her about it when I went LOL I mentioned the forum and she said it's sometimes not easyas she has young boys. But I'm sure if she was contacted with plenty of requests, she might go. Maybe email her and ask if she has any plans to come down there?

Craftea, what's DIM?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 10:55am
Yay for sun in Auckland!! I'll be on a plane to there this afternoon
😃☀️☀️☀️☀️
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 2:27pm
dIM is another supplement 😜 Supposed to help the liver detoxify and remove excess hormones, especially excess oestrogen.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 3:14pm
Just curious I am hopefully putting out last frostie in later this month. Waiting for lab to ring and give rough timeline!! Is anyone else doing a fet or IVF this month? I have done a fresh and one other fet but no luck, I am guessing the just run through the sme procedure and hope it works? Did any of you do anything different? I'm taking folic acid, vit c and some iron and generally keep healthy food and exercise wise. Just wondering if I should try anything else? Tips?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 5:41pm
I might be starting IVF later this month - but not sure what protocol i'll be on if we do. Are you doing a natural or manufactured cycle? You could always ask about doing the colorado protocol. I've also tried the scratch (that was for a fresh transfer tho), acupuncture, quitting coffee, chinese herbs. I've also heard Coq10 recommended (and have been taking it for the last few months). It all depends on your individual case tho - if you have a hormone imbalance or anything else going on. And what works for one person one time doesn't seem to always work for them or for other people. My dr mostly just says its a numbers game.....perseverance etc
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 5:49pm
I agree with Craftea re it being a numbers game - it's taken 9 transfers to get one to stick... I've always done the Colorado protocol, so you could try that? And if you're in Auckland you could give a massage from pip a go, I had 2 in the cycle I got pregnant. Good luck xx
Amie174328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie174328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 8:24pm
Hi Charlie, hope you're keeping well - what's Colorado Protocol?
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 8:40pm
thanks guys, yeah bugger about it being a numbers game. I'm a real numbers person and if it was a horse I wouldn't bet at those odds!! We having little blue pills estrogen so I think that means it's a manufactured cycle. Haven't heard from my dr since last fet failed as she was away but the nurse felt that they wouldn't change anything. Just checking I didn't miss anything as I never know what I should ask. All good.. Just the waiting game sucks so much!! Hope everyone is well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 8:45pm
Oh yep that's manufactured. You can always email the dr, or call the nurse again and ask what the plan is, and if ears anything else you can try :)
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Charlie6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Charlie6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 10:58pm
Thanks Amie, yes I'm good- started hypnobirthing classes tonight. Colorado protocol is where the give you antibiotics, low dose aspirin and low dose steroids to take as well as the pessaries and I always did manufactured FET cycles (apart from one) so had the progynova as well. I also did weekly Accupuncture, and went 2 x a week for a few weeks after transfer.., don't know whether it helped or not, I also ate 5 Brazil nuts each day, and took 2 days off after transfer to just lie on the couch and do nothing- these were things people had told me they'd done or I read online somewhere that may help with implantation.... I think I went a bit crazy for a while ( and rightly so) trying anything and everything that may have helped!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:16am
And it worked Charlie! Hope you and your little boy are doing well.

Craftea, I've never heard of DIM so many different things out there to try huh! And who knows just what really works!

Kiwi I will be doing a natural FET in the next few weeks.
Scratch next week then FET following AF and OV after that. As it's natural I've decided to try some new things aswell, just around helping implantation, blood circulation etc I've thought about acupuncture and maybe another massage or two from Pip - but they are just extra large costs I don't really want to have to pay, esp seeing how the scratch isn't covered by our fertility cover so we are paying for that on top of it It's crazy how much we all do to try our hardest to make it all work - and I for one am petrified that it won't make a difference

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:22am
Interesting you scratch isn't covered by fert cover. Mine was. How much do they charge for that? Yeah I would have liked to do more acupuncture and Chinese medicine but we just don't have any spare cash. And as you say you never know what's going to work.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:39am
Craftea, that's interesting. The nurse just said to me last week that I'll be billed for the scratch and it's something like $165.... It wasn't particularly mentioned in the contract but I thought it came under something in there that wasn't covered. Was all of your meds covered? Apparently we have a bill for the orgalutran we used? When we went in for our EC we paid the last of our fertility cover, and the receptionist said it was more than we thought it was (like $700 more!) cause of the Orglutran I didn't pay it cause I wanted to look into it (which I haven't LOL)and they haven't sent me a bill or anything. But I thought that would be covered by the standard IVF drugs part, even though it's not actually listed there???
Confused!

Edit: Oh! And the charge for my trigger shot was included in the $700 + extra charge!

Edited by Storm11 - 07 October 2015 at 9:41am
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:51am
Gah Storm - that totally sucks getting charged extra when you have cover! Hope it's just some weird mistake - def something to check into.

Good luck to for your upcoming transfers Kiwigirl and Storm!
And exciting to start injections BC - hopefully not during conference though! Could you buy yourself a very small chilli bag to take to conference with your drugs inside? Hubby has a collapsible one he takes his lunch in we got from PaknSave - just an idea?

Amy - sorry AF is taking a while to appear. I find myself in the same boat - hcg was 588 on Monday, have to go for another blood test today, and then monitoring every while after that. Not at all like my last m/c, where I bled right away fully.

Was going to take time away, but waiting to finish my m/c is kinda killing me, and need you ladies to keep me sane! Sorry I haven't kept up to date with everything that's been going on - people that I've missed just yell out so we can post lots of support :)
Thanks all for the congrats and commiserations - was a very short lived event, with apparantly dragging consequences. Still haven't told FA - will have to ring them at some stage, and figure out what the plan is going forward for a FET. Ladies who have had m/c after ET - how long did you have to wait before being able to do a FET?
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:56am
Our dr said it's covered if he recommends it, same for imsi. Weird your trigger shot and stim drugs were an extra charge, mine weren't. I'd be double checking that one.

Mushroom, we were told we could start our FET the first cycle after my HcG was less than 5.
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#6 12/16
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 10:35am
Amie and mushroom, it seems like such an unnecessary cruelty by our bodies to make something like m/c drag on, as if our bodies haven't betrayed us enough TTC. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

a.girl, hope the drugs are still going ok.

I think everyone else is (like me), waiting to find out what the plan is (whoever called it the "WTF appointment" was brilliant - craftea?) or to start the next cycle. Hope you're all coping ok!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 357358359360361 593>