FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 438439440441442 593>
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 8:55pm
Oh Garcat I'm quietly shedding a wee tear for you Hun. This journey is so dumb!! Big hugs and all the best. Xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:12pm
Oh Garcat my heart is breaking for you and I feel your sadness and pain. I'm so so sorry this wasn't your miracle after all the heartache. As I've said before I've never come across anyone anywhere who's suffered continuous chemicals as I have and I'm heartbroken it hasn't ended differently for you. I wish you all the best for whatever is next for you, your partner and your little miracle #1 ..... and please - have more than a couple of wines! lol
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:29pm
Big hugs Garcat, I admire your bravery and closure even though it is not the final you wanted. At 41 we grapple with these issues ourselves. Be gentle with yourself as you have lost your beautiful baby. A loss is a loss xxx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2016 at 9:30pm
Oh no garcat! I'm so sorry 😪😪😪 I hope you can find peace in all this. Big hugs to you. Xx
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2016 at 9:14am
AF has arrived this morning with a vengance!! so far panadol isn't even calming this lady down! Ouch! Oh well, back to the little blue pills for me!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Moon*glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moon*glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2016 at 9:27am
Oh Garcat, that is terrible news, I am devastated for you. I have been thinking of you often and really hoping for a better outcome for you and your family. That's a bit rough having to stay in Auckland for three days by yourself. I hope the course you are doing is not too challenging and is a good distraction. I spent Monday and Tuesday night in a motel in Auckland because I took my mum up there for a knee replacement operation. Shame we weren't up there at the same time, we could have cried over a bottle of wine together. Know that I am thinking of you heaps, and any time you want to talk or rant, we are here.

AFM, still feeling pretty low about everything, really trying hard to not give up all hope of extending our family, but am struggling to make sense of why the IVF didn't work. We have our review appointment 7th March so it will be interesting to see what the Dr has to say, and if he can make suggestions for next time around.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2016 at 2:24pm
Big hugs Moon - it's such a hard time, and hopefully every day gets a little easier for you. I certainly still have my numb moments but am feeling much better that I was and it's def a day by day process. Here's hoping your appointment will bring some settlement for you.

AFM - I officially love my GP LOL she's been with me since the beginning of my journey and always really genuinely feels for me when I tell her things haven't yet worked and is always willing to help where she can. She is running some tests for me on my tummy issues and throwing a few other ones in there for me that I haven't been tested on in over a year. Also said whenever I want anything big or small checked out or anything, to just go and see her (insurance covers).
i mentioned I am seeing FA this Wednesday and she said if he doesn't agree to test me for other implantation issue related tests - go back to her and see what she can do
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2016 at 3:13pm
Oh Storm your GP sounds lovely! Glad you had a good visit with her. Sorry AF is being a right pain. Bring on this next cycle for you though - I'm refusing to give up on you my girl!

Moon sorry you're going through this. This time right after the end of a cycle can be really rough because not only are you dealing with the grief of it not working but also contending with the hormones that are still floating around.
I remember after my second ivf which was 3rd failed transfer in total I was a right mess for quite a few weeks. I couldn't bear the thought of even going there with a discussion about what next or even thinking about anything - I just lived my day to day life. In hindsight it was grief of course but also once those drugs left the system completely I felt much brighter. After that I took most of the year (last year) to regroup (and save more money). I just lived my life - eating whatever, exercising how I liked, playing netball without fertility hanging over me, drinking when I liked and really got my head back in the right place. As dumb as putting things on hold was it did me the world of good.
Just my experience.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
CrafteaChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrafteaChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2016 at 7:13pm
Such a true description of the pain we go through - but be warned it'll bring you to tears http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/18/moment-changed-me-third-miscarriage?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
TTC 10/11
IVF#1 3/13 6frosties
1xChem,1xMiscarriage,4xBFN, 3xCancelledFETs
IVF#2 3/15 BFN
IVF#3 8/15 BFN
IVF#4 10/15 CP,2frosties
IVF#5 02/16 2frosties,PGS on 4 frosties,1 normal,tx=MC7wks
IVF#6 12/16
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2016 at 9:22pm
Oh Garcat, I am so, so sorry. My heart breaks for you. It is such a brave decision to make deciding it is the end of your TTC journey. All the best xo

Moon, thinking of you still too.

And storm, yay for your GP. I hope your review appt is helpful too.

I've just started pessaries today, FET booked for Wednesday.

I thought this article was interesting... Wish we had this test in NZ!!
http://m.independent.ie/life/family/mothers-babies/genetic-test-will-tell-if-a-woman-will-never-get-pregnant-through-ivf-34390309.html

Edited by *Star* - 20 February 2016 at 9:22pm
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Moon*glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon*glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2016 at 8:30pm
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and words, it is really helping me get through this. BC, thanks so much for your advice, it didn't even occur to me that the hormones would be making the grief worse. Things are getting better, and I even think that going back to work on Friday is going to be ok.

Good luck with your appointment at FA Storm, your GP sounds amazing.
BC, wow baby's 18weeks, thats so cool!!
Star, all the best of luck with FET on Wednesday, I really hope it works out for you.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2016 at 9:21pm
Hugs again moon. At the time I didn't factor in the hormones it was later that I connected the dots. I'm glad you're starting to get through it. Work will be a good distraction believe it or not.

Good luck for Wednesday Star xx

What's everyone else's goss?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2016 at 10:25pm
Evening everyone, hope the weekend has treated you well. Sorry for those who have had bad news recently. I know what its like and its truly horrible. I am hoping like mad that we get to avoid that journey as it sucked last time and I think will be worse when you know this is the last lot of /ivf we will do. We are over hotels, due to christchurch being ooked out we have had to chage rooms every night until last night but thats only cause we ended up in Methven! no hotels in chch! Would of loved to head to Lake Tekapo but just couldnt face more driving. We have our transfer tomorrow and then drive home. Work on Tuesday.. no updates on numberr of eggs, seems our clinic just let you know how many ferrtilised and then nothing until transfer day. So its been a long five days but keen to get on with it.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 8:01am
Hugs Kiwi - what a long drawn our process for you. I'm crossing everything this time is the magic time. Seems that it's clinic standard to just tell you what fertilised and what you've got come transfer day. I think mine told me that they check for fertilisation then they don't go near them again until day 5 to let them be.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 9:24am
Kiwi best of luck with your transfer today! I have everything crossed this is the sticky one for you! It's interesting how different clinics do things differently! Mine calls for fertilisation, then day 3 then on day 5... makes the waiting game a little easier. The waiting game on this journey is very draining!

BC exciting you are almost half way!! and I bet it's still surreal for you too! Is your next scan booked yet?

Nothing too exciting for me at the mo - CD4 and I tell ya Friday night/Saturday was horrible in regards to AF pain and flow! It's never been like that before - lots of decent sized clots and the pain was waking me through the night I had to get a wheat pack on my tummy at 4am! FA brushed it off as being normal after the medicated cycle so i'm going with that! LOL All good now though

How is everyone else? It's super quiet in here. Mushroom how are you getting on?
A.girl, Amie, Rosie, Helen??
Garcat not sure if you're still lurking but I hope you are doing ok x
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 11:46am
True Storm my medicated cycle AF was horrid now I look back - right on xmas time too. Yucky cramps that I had to take pain relief for which isn't like me at all.
Yep pretty crazy - I can't believe this is actually happening still. Next scan is 9th March.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 11:56am
One on board and one freezer. Feel a bit flat but that's only cause we been here before. Hardest part is now and waiting.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 12:04pm
Yay Kiwi. I am going to be your power of hope. This is good news that you get on board and a frozen. I know it's disheartening to have been here before. Wishing you all the luck in the world hun xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Helen191310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Helen191310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 12:48pm
Good news Kiwi! I totally understand you're feeling a bit flat - same thing with me - just trying to find any sources for hope

I've started Gonal-f injections on Saturday. BT and scan this Friday and EC sometime next week (probably on my birthday - just because I'm so lucky ... not)

Hopefully everyone is doing ok.
Rosey13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rosey13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2016 at 2:07pm
Hi all, I have FET booked for Wednesday morning in Chch - I was lucky enough to get one overpriced room in Chch there is no accommodation this week!
some sad news on here over the last week, man it doesn't get any easier does it
Mushroom how r u going, I am holding on to the hope that FET's sometimes do work so I hope everything is going well for you 😀
Good luck everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 438439440441442 593>