FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 487488489490491 593>
Author
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2016 at 11:46am
sweetpea I did wonder that..... but know how hard the "too hopeful" train can be so didn't mention it hehe might be worth a test? Maybe FA will suggest a blood test come Thursday anyway, if it still hasn't arrived?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Sponsored Links

Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2016 at 7:43pm
Yeah being hopeful is hard at times. Might test tomorrow and see what happens. Can't stop thinking about it now, thanks hubby! They did say they would do a blood test to see where AF is so I guess they will check that as well.
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 9:36am
Super quiet in here. How is everyone doing?

Mushroom did you get your appointment for your lap?

Sweetpea - any sign of AF? Call to the doc today if not right?

A.girl hope the injections are continuing to go well for you.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 10:17am
Yip Storm, i have rung and left a message so will wait for the nurse to ring me back. Did a HPT yesterday which was negative so that cleared that up so i could stop thinking about it.
My emotions are all over the place at the moment, i am nervous about what could happen and what timing of my IVF cycle. So if my AF turned up tomorrow we would be in August now as i wont get it in July now. So what will they do....... We did talk last month at our meeting about if it was late June we could start then but i don't know if that still applies as i don't have any drugs yet.......
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
Missy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 1:48pm
Hi sweetpea, I totally relate to how you are feeling, I was also like that too before my IVF, I was late every-time!! I'm not sure if your under funding? my funding just rolled into the following month and when I paid private it wasn't an issue, as you said you might be able to start end of June?? I'm sorry you are going through this at mo It's just frustrating isn't it and adds more stress to it which you don't need and its hard when you have mentally prepared yourself for a date too then it hasn't happened!! Don't worry too much about the drugs, I live 4 hours from WLG they send them overnight courier (you usually don't start drugs till day 2 depending on your protocol?) and we also have a pharmacy nearby that stocks the drugs that FA sends scripts to so I'm often picking up my drugs throughout my cycles from the pharmacy. Maybe ask them when you talk to them next and that will help ease your mind. Have they shown you how to do your drugs yet?

A.girl how are you getting on? urghh we were exactly the same with the menopur - DH broke several vials so I'm pleased to hear it wasn't just us lol! ;) Good luck for your scan tomorrow.

BC how are you doing? Are you still looking into doing another round?

Wow storm - I'm pleased your other DR is really looking into everything for you she sounds amazing. It's a real shame that this wasn't all looked into earlier by your FA Dr but at least it is starting to get looked into now.

Well I have now graduated from FA as of yesterday - had my first scan and everything was looking good and a nice strong heartbeat so fingers crossed all carries on well from here!!

TTC - 2010
IVF 1 - BPN
IVF 2 - MMC 9.5 weeks (twins)
FET - CP
IVF 3 - Incomplete (only 1 egg not mature)
IVF 4 - BFP
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 2:13pm
Yay Missy! Isn't that first scan absolutely terrifying and awesome all at the same time? That's wonderful news.

Sweetpea, hope that FA has got back to you and you can start earlier rather than later, it's just so hard with all the waiting.

Storm, are you managing to distract yourself while waiting for your appointment with Neil? It's interesting with the Fert cover thing, if you wanted to contest it then I'm sure there would be avenues to do that, but I also get that it's a massive amount of thinking and stress for you right now.

Mushroom, have you heard when your lap is?

We're just hanging, pick up my drugs in a couple of weeks and doing a lo of calendar looking - "IF day one is then, they day 8 will be then and day 11 will be then and transfer might be..." completely pointless exercise but gives me a measure of control when I try to figure out which days my husband needs to take off work and which days I need to drop my son off to my folks! Hubby told his boss the other day what was happening and that he might need days off with little warning and he was fabulous about it. Really understanding and said he could make up hours if he wanted or just take them off. Apparently a guy that used to work with them went through the same thing so they have some understanding. Makes it so much nicer.
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 3:10pm
Missy congrats on your successful scan. What a great feeling to have one good one under your belt. All the best.

Thanks for asking - pretty sure we've decided to go ahead one last time and are looking at my August cycle as netball will almost be finished. I live a similar distance from WLG too so get my drugs sent to Palmy usually but this time I think we're going to try and get them sent to work as the courier comes here everyday anyway. Which will save me a trip if I'm not heading Palmy way. Auntie I've been doing the same calendar thing lol. Trying to predict when I'll have scans etc. Useless really.

Sweetpea sorry your AF is being a beggar. Always the way hun never shows when you want it to.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry life is a bit busy at the moment so I'm following but haven't been too commenty haha.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2016 at 7:09pm
Hi all
AGirl hope the injections are going good! I'm certainly not looking forward to that part of it considering I'm scared of needles!
Sweet pea hope your AF has arrived! If your a August start we might be on the same month!
Sounds like BC might be August too so might be a few of us if my letter hurrys up!
Auntie hope your managing to distract yourself! And that's really good about DH work!
Congrats on the scan Missy!

Hope everyone else is going well!

Still waiting for my letter! Been checking the mail box every day
Think I O'd yesterday which is 2 days earlier than the previous 2 months.
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 9:08am
So rang yesterday and the nurse finally rang back late afternoon, do they always take forever to ring back? She sent through a bloods form so i did it last night so i hope to here from her today on what is happening with AF and were we go from here. I just hope i have an answer before the weekend, no knowing what is going on is driving me crazy.
Missy - yes we are on funding, so i am not sure if this will effect it or not. No, i haven't been shown how to do them, that is my main concern. I live 20mins out of town in Hamilton so getting them isn't an issue, how to use them is. Yay for the scan going well!
A.A - glad that things are going well. And that time off for hubby is easy. Makes things so much easier. My boss was the same when i told him about what was happening this year. 'Just let us know when you know you need time off' sigh of relief there.
Thanks ladies, its nice to be able to get on here and not feel so insane. My DH doesn't really get the ten million things going through my head, so it is nice to have ladies who do xx
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 9:14am
Having an understanding boss and workplace seriously takes away 99% of the worry (well for me). Mine is amazing. She actually hugged me and jumped up and down excitedly when I told her I was going to try again.

Sweetpea hope you get some answer soon.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 9:43am
Thanks for all the well wishes 😊 Scan went well with about 14 good sized follicles. I'm happy with that. Hopefully my blood work is ok too. Next scan on Monday...

Missy, congrats on the great scan!!! Yay!

Faith, the first needle is the hardest for sure but they do get easier. I don't think they hurt much at all - heaps less than a blood test.

AA, good luck with the next round of ivf. I'm sure the next teo weeks will fly by.

Storm, maybe you'll end up glad you got that fert cover. Especially if they find a genetic thing that they can do pgd to test for and prevent!
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 6:23pm
So heared for the nurse finally (YAY for it being before the weekend), looks like AF will be here soon but they unsure when so if it ends up being later in the month, so last few days, then I might be able to use that as my start as it will run into July if not it will be August. I have an appointment on Tues to see how to take drugs. So now just need to focus on Tues so I can focus on something else instead of AF.
We decided a few weeks ago to plan a trip away just hubby and I to Wellington which we have so being looking forward too. We made it for 8th-10 July so it was done before our cycle now I think it might be at the end of it if we start next week, only doing a short cycle 11-14 days...... what are the last few days of a cycle like? I am unsure what to do now, we have paid for flights and book hotel....
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 7:15pm
Glad the scan went well Agirl!! Grow little follies.

Sweetpea - when you mean the end do you mean the pregnancy test part or the egg collection part?
You'll be able to get the pregnancy bloods anywhere pretty much but if it's near egg collection it might be a bit of an issue as once you get to day 8 of drugs you'll start having scans every second day (usually) and bloods to see what you're body is doing. You're kind of at the mercy of the fertility clinic.
Hope that helps a bit more. And I hope AF hurries the heck up!!!!

AFM - TGIF!!! Gah what a day.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 10:32am
BC, I mean egg collection, forgot about the other part I figured that maybe the case. Guess we will wait and see what happens. Would be typical that we would book a weekend away and now might not be able to go
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
Mama P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mama P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 10:45pm
Hi Ladies. We had our egg transfer on Thursday. This is our second round of self funded IVF, first one resulting in a chemical pregnancy.   I am so, so nervous about this transfer. I don't know what I will do if it is not successful.   We have two frozen embryos, which is great, but my heart has taken a beating over the last three years that we have been trying for number two. I have just been googling how to not misscarry, FYI not a lot of info comes up
.   I feel like I am going to send myself to the loony bin over the next week or so while I wait for the results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 10:16am
Hi Mama, I no how you feel with your heart. Mine too. We are about to start our ivf and I am nervous as well. I hope this one sticks for you.
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 3:52pm
All the best Mama!

Can someone tell me with a IVF cycle do you ovulate naturally or is it induced with the trigger shot? I probably just answered my own question but just wondering if I usually ovulate round day 13 would that still be the case with a IVF cycle?
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 4:10pm
You don't ovulate, in that they don't want the eggs released. But it has absolutely nothing to do with your natural cycle, it's completely manufactured so you can't predict when things will happen. Are you doing a short protocol? Because if so then you start drugs on day two to make your eggs proliferate, then another drug a few days later to stop ovulation, then depending on scans and bloods (which will track your hormone levels and how many follicles, therefore how many likely eggs there are) you will have a trigger injection to cause the eggs to mature and egg collection is 36 hours later. Make sense? As far as I know, FA protocol is for the first scan at day 8 and collection is never earlier than day 11, but it can be a lot longer if you don't respond to the drugs as expected and need a stronger dose/more time. Make sense? That's the short explanation!
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 4:13pm
Faith they take over your body and control everything. All depends on how your body reacts to the drugs. With me I've usually had egg collection day 13ish but others might be later if their follies take a bit longer to grow. And yep you'll have to trigger via injection. The type they use depends on how your body is reacting.

Mama all the best while you wait. It's a total mind and heart *swear-word*. Hope you get your dream this time round.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 4:14pm
Lol Auntie and I cross posted. She nailed the explanation!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 487488489490491 593>