FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 492493494495496 593>
Author
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 9:39am
Wow A.girl - I totally get you not wanting to adopt after that! And that's amazing you were almost going to be on that show - we would've known what the real you looks like hehehe but wow no way could you do it with the lack of compassion from the people who want to make this show! I kept thinking that last night while watching lol
Enjoy your holiday! I really hope you have a great, restful time - you sure do deserve it!

Sweetpea that's a good scan. You'll probably find the smaller ones just need a few more days of the drugs to catch up.

Mama great to hear you are doing better. Love that you got in some retail therapy and "eating" therapy to help hehe Another trip - I'm getting jealous and wish I was going away soon hahaha
Actually DH and I were talking last night about a trip to the Gold Coast in Jan but now I'm like, oh what if I'm preg etc etc which I don't know why I still do that LOL but if I was I'd be worried about flying etc bla!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Sponsored Links

heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 9:39am
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11669437

What's the bet that asprin sales increase :-)
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 9:59am
Did anyone watch Inconceivable last night?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/81783657/new-tv-one-doco-series-inconceivable-brings-fertility-struggles-to-the-fore

I thought it was really good. Great to see a honest portrayal of infertility and treatments. I couldn't help but laugh when one of the couples had difficulty stabbing the needle in the first time. Made me remember my hesitations!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 10:40am
Haven't watched it yet - hopefully I get time this week.

HT lol I had to laugh at that article. I took asprin and had a girl so go figure. 31% have a boy but 69% must have a girl.......

Agirl - that is some pretty full on stuff with your family and adopted sister. Rather scary to think about the aspect that when you adopt or foster you don't really know what you're going to get.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 10:43am
I had a giggle at the first time injection too cos that's sooo going to be me! Haha

TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
KatieA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 10:52am
Haha I'm with you on that Faith. Hubby will have to give them to me as I am a needle wimp... good thing he has absolutely no issues with needles!

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday! Thinking of those having a rough time at the moment, take care of yourselves x
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 10:53am
Oh gosh Faith it totally will. It's such a weird feeling. But jab it in quickly! Don't go slowly like the husband did. I did that once and boy did I bruise.
Mama P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mama P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 1:25pm
I really enjoyed watching Inconceivable.   Only a few tears were shed. I think it was comforting relating to the couples on there. I was the same with my first jab however I refused to let my husband do it.
I really wanted my Mum and Mother in Law to watch it so she has more of an idea of what is going on but my in laws are overseas and my Mum goes to bed kinda early. I am going to encourage them all to watch it on demand.
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2016 at 3:18pm
I enjoyed watching it too. Like Mama said, it was nice knowing what others go through and your not alone. Also i think it is good for our families to watch so they get a better understanding on what we actually go through and to see what happens.
As for giving the injections, my hubby wouldn't give me mine and he is a farmer, go figure! It was fine i can do it, needles don't worry me.
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
Toto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 8:22am
Hi everyone, new on this forum topic but not new to the game of TTC!

I have posted on a couple of other topics in the past but have had just over a year away as I really needed some time out from it all!   We have had 3 IVF cycles and 4 transfers and looking at starting our 4th cycle in August.   

Like many of you it's been a long journey and not an easy one.

Our story. . . my husband has balanced translocation and low sperm count. We always knew about the translocation and tried naturally for about 5 years on and off then looked for help, which is when we found out about the low sperm count and opted for IVF. I also had a dye test done which diagnosed one blocked tube, however I had it done again a year later and that one was fine and apparently the other was blocked, so don't know if that's even an issue.

First cycle - 2013 - We decided to just go ahead with normal cycle and PGD. 16 eggs collected, 10 fertilised but only had one embryo make it to blastocyst and replaced fresh, BFN.

Second cycle - 2014 - First PGD we had 14 eggs collected, can't remember how many fertilised, think maybe 9. 2 embryos frozen and tested. 1 was balanced and the other we couldn't get a result on. Balanced one replaced but BFN. Second one replaced and BFP but missed miscarriage at 8weeks.

Third cycle - 2015 - the one that sent me into hibernation for a year. 18 eggs collected, 14 mature and 13 fertilised. 3 blasts tested but 2 had unbalanced translocation so we couldn't keep them. We were devastated, it felt absolutely terrible to know we had 2 that we had to throw away. But we still had 1 and it was healthy. Unfortunately on the day of transfer we got a call that it hadn't thawed successfully. For me that was the worst moment of this whole process, I can't really say why but it felt like everything all came to a head then and I was really angry. I remember being on the phone to the clinic and looking out the window as they told me, feeling like I just wanted to punch the window, I've never felt like that!

Anyway that's the story so far. Our next cycle is not funded and it will most likely be our last. I feel like it gets harder every time. But we can do it as we have before and are saving for a big overseas holiday incase we really need it next year!

Needing to vent and be in touch with people who understand so hope you all don't mind me jumping in here.

I have tried to add info to my signature but I can't find anywhere how to do that? If anyone can help with that it would be great.

X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 9:09am
Hi Toto, welcome the the group! wow you and your hubby have been through a lot! You have come to the right place, the ladies here are amazing and full of such kind and amazing words! I hope this cycle everything goes the way it needs to xxx To get the signature you need to go to the Member Control Panel (top left of this page) then edit profile, you will see signature in there.
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 9:45am
Hi Toto
Welcome, I hope your next cycle brings success.
We have a number of members with translocation and a number of members with sperm count issues (part of our personal journey too).
Cheers
HT
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 9:50am
Hi Toto welcome to the forum Gosh you have been through alot I'm so sorry. I hope you have a better outcome this next cycle. I think there are a couple doing transfers etc around August so you'll have some cycle buddies
This really is a great place to vent, babble and find great support.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 9:55am
Whoops don't know how I managed to double post!

Edited by Storm11 - 07 July 2016 at 9:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 10:10am
Welcome toto hope you have success this time!

So excited to be CD1 today as it means next CD1 I'll be ringing up FA to get things underway! Feels surreal to be this close after waiting so long!
Even looked at baby stuff online last night! Probably shouldn't of but thought sending some positive vibes out can't hurt!

Hi to everyone else too :)
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 10:34am
Welcome Toto - you've been on a massive journey!!
We'll be doing our 4th and final IVF in August too so I'll be along for the ride. My DH has zero sperm so we use a donor which was supposed to be the magic trick but seems although I get pregnant I seem to be struck with one whopping bad luck stick.
Still can't believe it half the time.
Anyway all the best x
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Mama P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mama P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 11:07am
Hi Toto. Gosh, sounds like you have had a really hard time through this journey.

This was posted in a Facebook group I am a part of, not too sure if any of you have seen it or if one of you were the one who posted it. It rung so true with me and kind of blew me away a bit.

"Dear Sister Still Fighting For Your One Day Baby,
Infertility can feel like a constant never-ending uphill battle. I know you are functioning on way less sleep than you need, more stress than you’d like and pressure that is unfathomable. Not just emotionally but mentally, physically and financially. I know your days are being robbed and the ability to just plan life, taken away.
You are the most unselfish person I know. I know this as fact. Every single day you are putting your one day baby before yourself. Not many know sacrifice on this level, and maybe never will. I know some days you doubt this process and lose all hope and faith. Who would blame you? You’ve felt loss and disappointment of levels you never knew one could heal from. I know that you are doing the best you can, with what you have and are holding on by a single thread. Yet, you still give to your TTC Sisters, fighting beside you, your partner, your family, your friends, your colleagues… because no one gave you a ‘get out of real life’ infertility pass card. It’s not your first rodeo, but it never gets easier either.
So, in this moment, I won’t tell you to just relax, be positive, stay strong or just keep trying. I won’t minimize your feelings. I just want to apologize instead. I’m sorry you have to endure this. I’m sorry because it’s not fair. I’m so sorry this is happening to you. You don’t deserve this. No one does. In this moment, I will wrap my arms around you and hold you tight and let you collapse into me. When you are ready, I will be here, to be your person, however you need me."

Edited by Mama P - 07 July 2016 at 11:14am
DD born July 2012 after 6 months TTC.
TTC #2 July 2013
Unexplained Infertility
Self funded
4 failed IUIs
IVF Feb 2016 CP
IVF June 2016 CP
2 more frosties
Next IVF transfer September 2016

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 12:46pm
Beautiful Mama P xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 7:41pm
Lovely mama xx

So today had 2nd scan. It all went well and not as sore. So left side 1 @ 14, 2 @ 12. Right side 3 @ 13, 3 @ 12 and 4 @ 10. So in total that is 13 follicles.
We have another scan on Saturday and EC is looking likely for Monday. Feeling pretty tired now.
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 8:07pm
That sounds really good sweetpea! All the best for next scan and EC!
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 492493494495496 593>