FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509 593>
Author
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 7:04pm
Can anyone tell me the approx costs of a laparoscopy if going private with no medical insurance??
Just trying to prepare myself if we need to go down that route.
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Sponsored Links

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 7:40pm
Haha BC I agree! That's how I felt about the ending.

Faith having just had mine, I'm pretty sure the costs would be the same privately regardless of insurance? My initial estimate was a total of about 11k which included hospital stay and post op appointment. That was based on whether they found endo and at what stage and based on surgery taking 1.5 hours. In the end it was only 40mins with no endo etc My final total ending being just under 8k. Was $2700 for the surgeon $950 for the anesthetist and then around $3700 for the hospital including the one night stay. Be aware the hospital charge for literally everything! Down to gloves and wound dressing. If I had known they were even charging even for the best pack I used I would've kept it! Haha
Oh also mine was for lap D&C and hysteroscopy - and the D&C didn't happen in the end.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 7:48pm
Thanks Storm! Wow that's a lot more than I was expecting !
Might be back to the long public wait list for me then!
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Mac9010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac9010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 10:20pm
Hi Ladies,

Could anyone give me an approx cost for IUI in NZ we've just moved back from overseas and had successful IUI there and keen to try again as my daughter is now 24 months and im ready for #2 but hasn't happened thus far...
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 6:37am
Mac - check out Fertility Associates website, they have the costings of various treatments on there, and it's pretty accurate.

Faith, glad you got the notes thing sorted, it's just such a pain that you don't need!

BC, yes and like teachers you can easily get some nurses who should be in a totally different profession! I always laugh when people say "oh I could never be a nurse" cos there's is no easy I could ever be a teacher. (Or waitress, I drop things. Or a million other things)

I am weaning off the pessaries, one a day for four days then stop. Eek, is this a new thing? Cos last time I stayed on them till week 9 and that seemed to be their policy regardless, although it was Fert plus instead of FA. HCG is 800, which is way higher than the same point last time and explains the nausea kicking in a few weeks earlier too. I can't be miserable yet, I'm to excited (and it hasn't got to the debilitating, take a bucket everywhere stage yet)

BC and storm, yay for nearly starting. I was three days out with my AF this time to, weird early bleeding that stopped, I to ring and tell them to disregard the earlier "this is my day one" message. Felt like a goon, think my body was just too anxious to start :)[EMAIL= ][/EMAIL]
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 7:47am
Auntie they must be happy with how you're going to wean you now. I was off them by 11wks but think they were being cautious after all the chemicals and mc. Sounds like your hcg is rising nicely. Do you tend to get bad morning sickness?

Yep AF is here in full force today. Bang on time as expected. So here we go on the rollercoaster again. 🙄🙄
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 8:56am
Faith yip I was surprised by the cost too. I would've waited if I didn't have insurance either as it is a lot! And my final bill could've been more if they had of found anything.

Auntie great hcg. How many weeks are you now? Are you due for a scan soon?

BC yaye for AF! Hope you are feeling ok about starting it all over again. Are you doing Colorado IVF?

Currently still lying in bed, heat pack on tummy as I've woken with quite the painful cramps! I'm not usually one to need pain killers but needed them this morning and the heat pack. It's def a different AF this one after my surgery

How is everyone else going? Haven't heard from a few in a while. Kiwi, Anydaynow, A.girl - how you all doing? Star hope your little bubba is coming along nicely 😊
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 9:48am
Think I'm feeling ok Storm lol. Kinda mapped out the cycle in terms of dates so I know where I'm at in relation to work. If it all tracks as it did the last three times I should have had transfer before the netball Tournie I said I'd play in 🙄🙄🙄 lol. But if not too bad for netball haha.

Yep doing Colorado again so a squillion pills and potions to take. I have to literally put a 100 alarms on my phone to remember them all.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2016 at 10:58pm
Faith, before I was referred back to the public system in Palmy I got given lap info that quoted about $6000, but I didn't keep it as there was no way that was happening lol- so not sure all that was included and this was back in 2012/2013.

Storm, BC will be thinking of you in these next few weeks! BC I hope that the excitement does build again and outweigh any apprehension/dread you're feeling.

DH and I went to the mall yesterday and as we were heading towards the exit I recognised Melody from the show- with a baby boy of 8-10 months. Had to do another sneaky glance, but I'm sure it was her. Luckily we were leaving coz I got soooo emotional about it! I just turned to DH and went "that is so cool!" and had to hold back tears all the way to the car. Just seeing their struggles and then seeing their baby in real life was next level amazing.
TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 8:10am
Hey team. Some stuff has come up so we're taking a break from ivf for now. Basically DH isn't handling stress very well so adding treatment on top isn't wise. Storm I wish you the best xx

Will take a forum break too so all the best to you all. Hopefully I'm back soon.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 9:41am
BC, sorry to hear DH isn't doing well. I hope you both get to a better place soon and DH gets better. Sending good vibes ur way and hope to hear from you soon!

Rach, wow that would have been crazy to see. I would have got emotional as well see them. Nice to see that it can happen in the end aye!
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 1:27pm
All the best BC! Hope to see you back soon

Thanks Rach, yeah I'm super annoyed at the public health system wish they would work in with the ivf if there was a risk of needing a second lap!
Hoping it's a false alarm and the HSG shows the lap isn't needed! It's about time I got some good news!
Going to ring FA tomorrow anyway to talk with the wait list nurse see if we can go ahead with the consent appointment cos I don't want to miss our spot or delay things further if the HSG does come back clear.

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend :)
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 2:46pm
Oh BC I'm a little sad for you 😔 I hope your doing ok with no longer doing your IVF. I'm
sure it's the best for you and I really really hope everything will be ok with your DH! I'll miss you around here and hope to see you back soon. Take care of yourself Hun and your DH. xx

Rach wow that would have been crazy to see them. And wow how awesome she has a little baby!!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 3:37pm
BC, hope things get better for you guys quickly, you need to do what is best for your family. I do think that guys get a little bit left out if this journey in terms of having to be strong and supportive, it does tend to be all about us. My DH got really depressed about 6 months before starting IVF, for several reasons but the stress of TTC and knowing it is largely due to MFI was a huge part of his stressors. He's only just gone off then now after 2 1/2 years.

Melody had a blog on stuff a while ago and still had a blog called Hopeful Mum that you can Google
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 7:36pm
Ah BC that sux poos :-(. Gutted for you babe. It sounds like you have your big pants on and are dealing with what needs to be dealt with.  Hopefully it all comes out fine.
I'll miss seeing you on the forum but please enjoy your break and rediscover the freedom of not having to life your life squeaky clean just on the off chance that there could be treatment soon.
Keeping you in my heart
xxx
heavenly.talker
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
RachFizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachFizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 8:44pm
Don't know if you'll read this BC but I'm really sorry to hear that things have gotten to such a hard place for you guys. I hope this break does wonders for you both and that the next steps will all fall into place. Thanks for being so encouraging to us all and hope to 'see' you back soon x
TTC#1 since Apr11
On hold for study!

Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 10:10pm
Bc - am gutted to here what's happening. But as everyone has said before only you and your Dh know what is best for you Both. Fingers crossed that things improve swiftly. I can certainly say your wealth of knowledge, kind advice and warm words extremely helpful. I eagerly await your return😄. I look forward to the day we make this site almost combust with our virtual 👏 When you get your hard worked for bundle of joy🍼🎈

Right here's an update I didn't expect to give. Yip dh graduated and we have had a week off together which has been good having him home after 4 months away. Though I did kind of get used to have the queen size bed to myself!! ( plus the cats and dog! Was meant to train them to get off again before he got home Opps!!) Promised this week we would "Have the big where to from here conversation after 2cycles of self funded Ivf failed (6 eggs transferred at the finish line and only one of them got over the finish line and even they decided to scraper before the semi finals (blighted ovum/aka everyone's left the building) so no gold winners here!! After many little negative comments from DH I was pretty certain he had decided to cancel training and try a different event. He couldn't even sit in the same room as I tortured (his words) Inconcieveable.

Though this non crier 😭didn't help when her fav couple got pregnant and gave birth with the "dud" less 10 percent egg!👏👏

So bugger it I set a day for our conversation and threw I n Topics like goal setting, house buying, travel, and stealing a baby from Japan (life long goal-long story 😆 Anyhow cut the longest story short he said he wants to give it all a third and final go!! No clue how we will afford it but we didn't know how we afforded the last two.

So guess the next step is to call clinic. I am looking at transferring to Wellington. Nothing against Christchurch they were brilliant! Mentally I need a change and I am so sick of the drive. I lived in Wellington for many years so am comfortable up there for egg collection etc and all the waiting around can be done at friends houses. (Love hotels but ten days in Chch drove me a little mad)

Anyone on forum going through fert ass Wellington? What are your thoughts? Also had a d and c in June last year, dr recomends a Hysteroscopy before we undergo another cycle. I just don't know if it's necessary so close to a d and c, surely that would of spotted anything?? Just read this post to DH and he stated he happy to talk with any other DH and share their torture (wives going on and on, feeling of no control and humorous sperm testing experiences. He wants to know if anyone else can top being sent to the hospital disabled toilets right next to the cafe and handing warm jar back to old lady who proceeded to wave it around inspecting the label in full view of the public!! Needless to say I got silence on the topic for three weeks!   

Advice on how to swap clinics fert ass Chch to fert ass wellington
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 10:34pm
Hi kiwi girl, that's great that dh agreed to another round of IVF.
We did our first 4 rounds of IVF at FA Hamilton and then we moved to Wellington 2 years ago. It was no problem to transfer frozen embryo to Wellington they could access all our files. We then did a whole other round of IVF through Wellington with Simon as our doctor. Was a different experience as we got to know everyone in Hamilton really well. But everyone was great and it worked and my wife is 13 weeks now.
Ring Wellington and get them to access your files is my advice. Good luck
IVF 1- No embryos to transfer
IVF 2- BFN
IVF 3- BFP, miscarriage at 7 weeks
IVF 4- BFP, Joshua born 15/12/2013 and one frozen embryo
FET- CP
IVF 5- Baby number 2 due 21/2/2017 and 1 frozen embryo ❤
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2016 at 10:40pm
Cheers amk11 and congrats on the good news. Yeah think I will ring them and that why they can decide whether I should still do the Hysteroscopy. Just mentally it might not feel so deflating or Groundhog Day like if we go somewhere else! Out of interest when people say rounds of Ivf. Is that completed cycles of referring to each transfer?? I get mixed up

Edited by Kiwigirl75 - 14 August 2016 at 10:41pm
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2016 at 9:32am
Hi Kiwigirl, best of luck heading into round 3. I'm with FA in Wellington and the team there are really friendly and helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505506507508509 593>