FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 507508509510511 593>
Author
Kumeroa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kumeroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 7:39pm
I'm here Storm
Hope FET goes smoothly.
I rung for the free 15 min nurse consult with FA so have that on the 29th then will hopefully make a plan with hubby. We are lucky to be in a position to be able to pay for now so just want to get stuck in I suppose.
TTC #2 since July 2014. Have had 3 ectopics May 15, Oct 15 and Aug 16. IVF is the only option now as no tubes left
DD1 born Jan 14
Sponsored Links

heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 8:00pm
I'm around too.

Yay for FET in around a week.... whoop whoop. So exciting Storm!
Glad your appointment is coming up Kumeroa , fingers crossed this is the start of something great for you xx

I was surprised to get AF on time this month given the amount of cysts rupturing. Pain is bad and my ovary on my right hand side feels like it is on fire and being poked with sharp instruments. I wore self -adhesive heat pads on my ovaries to help manage pain while teaching today as if I take enough pain killers to get rid of the pain I'm generally a lot floaty.  I'm allergic to the adhesive so now I have blisters and welts all over my stomach. meh!  The upside, now I'm home safe and sound for the night, I get to med up :-)

TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 8:32am
oh HT those cysts really sound like a pain! Hope you're managing ok xx

Kumeroa that's great you are getting things going and can move forward with paying for yourself. Hopefully you'll be able to get started soon!

Got my dates with the nurse yesterday, bloods next Sat then transfer the following Thursday, Sept 1st. Its all a lot later than it has been before. transfer will be CD 22 this time but the nurse said as it's manufactured it's not at all a worry! Cause of course I was worried hahaha
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 10:06am
Hey team, I have been catching up on your progress.

Storm - all the best for your upcoming FET. I hope that the scratch and general poke around in there is the magic trick for you. I totally get your frustration at still not finding any answers though.

Kumeroa - Not waiting sounds like a great plan - I always thought it was the waiting that sucked the most. You could potentially get yourself added to the public waiting list while also doing private treatment - that way it's like a backup plan, while you hopefully won't need it, you'll be moving up the list while you do your private treatment.

HT those cysts sound awful. Thinking of you.

Sorry to see you go BC, but hope the break does you a world of good.

Kiwi, your last post cracked me up. I hope Welly is the magic trick for you.

Hugs to everyone else.

AFM all is going well. Our little girl is super wriggly. We went for a scan the other day and she kept booting the scanner thingy and wouldn't hold still for a decent photo, lol. We watched some episodes of Inconceivable and I think in a weird way hubby found it good to know we weren't the only ones who had been through this - and we definitely didn't have as hard a road as some others.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 10:31am
Fingers crossed for you Storm!

HT, ouch, none of that sounds pleasant. Here's to a relaxing weekend for you.

Kumeroa, we started with the free consult and were recommended we go in for a Dr consult to start IVF. We were also lucky enough to be able to fund a round while waiting on the public list. Let us know how you get on with the call!

Star, so happy to hear all is going well!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 12:49pm
Yay Star :-)  Such good news to hear. Grow little darling grow! So good for you to check in. We do wonder how you are :-)
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 1:17pm
AnyDayNow from what I understand each region has a different length waiting list depending on how many people are on the waiting list and how many people they are able to treat at one time. When we went for our appointment we had to have a few tests and once those were back we were told we were listed for public funding and the wait would be 9-12 months for treatment. My treatment month was 9 months after that. They have a scoring system and depends on how many points you get depends on whether you qualify for public funding. EG, I think that if your BMI is above a certain number and you are over a certain age you automatically don't qualify. Because we had severe male factor infertility it would have been almost impossible for us to get pregnant naturally so we went straight on the list. if you have unexplained infertility you have to wait at least five years of TTC to get on the waiting list but then other things give you different points. It's just a threshold so once you're on the list, you're on the list, you don't get placed higher or lower depending on your circumstances. The only thing they might do is back date you, eg if you have to wait to have certain tests to be listed but you have enough points to be listed anyway, they might put you on the list after your test results have come back, but backdate it to when you were seen. Make sense?

I am obviously still lurking. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and our scan isn't till 8 weeks so waiting to see what happens. There have been rumblings of multiples since my HCG is pretty high and I am already feeling really seedy, a couple of weeks earlier than I did last time. We shall see! They are pretty inexact reasons for twins so I'm not really thinking it is, though my husband went kind of pale when I mentioned it. :)
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 5:12pm
Storm, im still here too. Just reading all of the messages and how you are all doing. No change with me. Good luck with ur FET too

Star, thats exciting that she was moving around so much.

AnyDayNow, aunite is about right. We had been trying for 18 months when we had our first appointment. Had to have tests done and then we found out my left tube was blocked and right side was slightly open. So we still had a chance of getting pregnant on our own and with having one baby and DH had another child from past marriage (yes she came into it as well even though the problem was with me) so from that and our points we had to wait 4 years of trying before we could be on the list for public. In that time I pushed to have a lap done which found out both tubes were now blocked and I have PCOS. That got us on list and we were told we had to wait about 12-18mnths. It was a total of 12mnths and we are in Hamilton. Hope that helps a bit.

Auntie, wow 6 weeks already, thats gone quick. Hope ur doing ok. Ohhhh twins, that could be exciting! Will have to wait for that scan.

#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2016 at 7:50pm
Just a quick update from me... Our wee girl arrived on 3rd August. All the pain, heartache and effort to get here were absolutely worth it! I really hope you all get your BFPs soon xx
TTC #1 from 2012. Unexplained.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN
IVF2 Oct '15- BFP, 3 frosties. DD born Aug '16

TTC #2
FET1 BFN, FET2 CP, FET3 cancelled
IVF3 Oct '18- FET1 BFN, FET2 BFN
IVF4 May '19- BFP, 1 frosty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 5:55am
Congrats Roubaix, glad she arrived safely and that it's all worth it xxx always nice to hear while in the middle of it
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 9:41am
Hi ladies. I am now 10dpo and my temps are fluctuating. I'm not sure if I have attached the image of my chart. Slow rise until 4dpo then a crash over the following three days then it went way up high and today has dropped again. None of the drops have been below cover line but the fluctuating is making me panic. I'm not feeling confident for a bfp as we had a funeral last week and it's been stressful so didn't get to BD as much as we'd planned to. But I'm worried that there's something wrong that hasn't been picked up yet. Any ideas? SOrry if you see this elsewhere as I have posted in another group as well.
My Ovulation Chart

Edited by Bonnie184685 - 21 August 2016 at 9:42am
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 12:22pm
Thanks ladies. I'm hoping this will finally be it for us, but also not holding my breath too hard!

Nice to see everyone pop in and say hi.

Roubaix! Congrats on the safe arrival of your little girl!! I hope everything with her is going well xx

AA whoa imagine if it was twins!! I think you'd be the first twins on this forum! Glad all is going well for you, keep us posted on your progress

Sweetpea are you due to start your FET cycle soon? Or still a while away from that yet?

Bonnie sorry I can't be of any help, I haven't charted in years and can never really remember what any of it means. Hopefully you get some answers in your other threads. good luck.

hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xx
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 3:43pm
Huge congrats Roubaix, congratulations on your wee little girl. What have you named her?

Auntie is it wrong to have clapped my hand delightedly at the prospect of twins. Best wishes for your scan.

BC was pregnant with twins Storm, my heart has been heavy for her of late. I hope she is doing okay.

Hi Bonnie, sorry I haven't charted for ages either. Multiple dips could be tri-phasic?  Maybe you can google it.  One thing I know for sure, you are not pregnant for reals until you miss a period. The wait and the guessing games of am I, aren't I can do your head in though. Hopefully you won't have to go through too many of the TWW's.

Love to all
xxx
HT
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 6:45pm
Thanks Auntie and Sweetpea, your explanations make perfect sense.

Auntie, all the best for your scan.
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 6:58pm
All the best for your scan Auntie :)

I received the letter that my FA Doctor sent to the gynae at the hospital and wondering if anyone knows what any of it means??
In the scan I got done at FA this is what they have noted;
Dominant follicle on left side of ovary plus two cystic structures adjacent.
13x11mm tube and 19x13 para tubal cyst on the remainder of the tube.

Got the scan done on day 7.
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 2:02pm
Storm if AF is on time then it will be 2nd Sept but i am unsure due to coming off EC if that will alter it at all. I have a really long cycle which is good in some ways but not in this case. Not much longer now though!

Heavenly, i feel the same about BC. I do hope she is ok.

Sorry Bonnie, i never have charted so can't help here either.

Faith, i would google it all That is what i did and it helped break down some of the jargon
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:18pm
I'm still lurking around.....so addicted lol. Have been refraining from participating in conversation to try help me clear my head a bit. But I have been following along where I can. If we end up ending our journey I'm going to have to wean myself off OB as it's going to take a lot of work for me to get my head around what my life will look like. I'll hate to do it though because I really value the love and support I have received from this forum.

Anywho still haven't had any conversations about where we are at, although things have settled down a lot. So I'll keep you posted and keep lurking away in the shadows.

Much love and best wishes to you all xxx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 9:02pm
Aw BC so nice to hear from you. I hope you don't have to end your journey just yet. Glad things have settled down for you both. Might be easier to have the conversation when it's continued to be settled. Thinking of you Hun xx

Sweetpea I hope AF doesn't make you wait too long! We could be almost cycle buddies

Faith I'm not too sure what that all means sorry Hun. But sounds like they saw cysts on your ovary and tubes? I could be wrong though - Dr Google might shed some light lol let us know if you find out what that means for you.
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:10am
Thanks ladies, I had a Google haha
Doesn't say anything on the letter about a HSG just says the fluid in tubes that was diagnosed at the last lap means I need the tube removed as it lowers ivf success by 50%
I'm going to call the hospital after work to make sure they got the letter and are sorting me an appointment
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:34am
Sounds good Storm! Always nice to have a cycle buddy!

Nice to hear your still around BC, thinking of you xxx

Faith, sounds like a good plan!
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 507508509510511 593>