FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 517518519520521 593>
Author
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 10:51am
Oh Lulu I'm so sorry! (and not at all sorry I asked about you ) I can just imagine how you are feeling right now, like the others said take care of yourself. I'm sure they are waiting for a reason, and I really hope after your bloods today and scan tomorrow, that you are able to move forward. Sending you lots of hugs hun

Bonnie pinkish cm sounds promising!! Would def be too early for HCG then, but I have everything crossed for you!

Met with doc at FA this morning and he was totally ok with us transferring our last two embryos together. When I went in, he kinda wanted to go back over my history, and really have a good look at things and once we had done that I asked about the two, and he just laughed haha said "that's what you came here to ask me for isn't it" LOL He said he doesn't think it's an unfair request and straight away said ok. Told me the risk of one embie splitting and then having triplets etc LOL but DH and I have talked it over quite a bit and given everything, are going to take that risk. So transfer is Tues 4th he's put me back on the colordao protocol this time too, so will have a blood test Thursday next week, start my colorado meds and pessaries the day after then the crazy will begin haha
If this doesn't work we go back to another round, and he will then also have any embryos we get tested.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Sponsored Links

Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 12:24pm
That's great news storm!
Is it only with privately funded cycles your allowed to transfer more than one at a time? Cos when I was having my consent appointment and going through the forms and got to the question about how many embryos to transfer the nurse said oh we can only do one as that's the ministry of healths guidelines, I was thinking why are you giving me options on the form then! But maybe that's why?
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 1:58pm
Faith I'm pretty sure that's why. And I'm not 100% on that cause I haven't been public, but I'm sure i've read that public funding will only allow one transfer. Perhaps that'd be different if there were certain issues or something?
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
heavenly.talker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 2:23pm
Hi all
Big hugs Lulu.  I totally empathise what a sh*tty position you are in at the moment. The heart wants what the heart wants and the head is trying to talk down the heart so you are stuck inbetween hope and despair for a very long time while Drs and medical processes hum and had about the next best step.

Huge hugs.  In one of our m/c's, we had a healthy scan with heartbeat the day before and then we bled out the next day. There doesn't seem to be any apparent rhyme or reason as my cousin carried for another month before the hospital would provide a d/c. Her baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks.

None of this information helps much because each of us is on a distinct unique path, but it does mean that you are not alone in that we understand the misery of the process and the grief it inflicts mentally, emotionally, and physically.  Not being in control of your own body throughout this is terribly confronting, you will be angry, sad, scared, confused, and struggling to remain some semblance of normality... and that too although different for each person and different in each of their miscarriages too, is someting we can empthaise with.

Take care of yourself, honour your body, use the time to talk with your little button that is struggling away in your womb, love on it and say both hello and goodbye to a child that you will not get to hold. Most of all love your partner, they will be going through most of your emotions but in a less connected way and without an obvious way to process them. 

xxx
HT
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 2:24pm
Yay for the two Storm. I'm excited xx
TTC our 3rd child 5+ yrs. Self-funding. Over 55 medicated cycles. 3 m/c's iuis, ivf with ICSI fresh BFN, 1 FET BFN. PCOS horrible. Endo and adhesions from c-sects resected. DH few wrigglers. FAITH!
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2016 at 4:20pm
Yay Storm thats great news that they will do two! Exciting!
Faith I think the one transfer is to do with a few things. One is age, if ur too young they won't do 2 and if you are only just starting out then they wont. Im not sure of public funding comes into it or not.
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
Lulu2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 12:52pm
I just got back from scan. It was definitive, there is no chance embryo has regressed and still no heartbeat. Sadly I'm not leaving this group anytime soon. The only positive is that I did get pregnant so I am now holding tightly onto that hope.

I am booked in on Tuesday to have d &c in Dunedin. I am so relieved, it feels like the nightmare has an end. Interestingly if I opted for drugs to miscarry it only has 40% success rate given my lack of bleeding and I would have to find somewhere to stay in Dunedin while it happened.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I have reread the posts many times over the last few days and it means a lot to have a bunch of ladies who get it.
Bonnie7725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonnie7725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 12:59pm
Oh Lulu. So sorry.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 1:13pm
Oh Lulu I'm so sorry to hear that but pleased you're able to get closure from it all finally. Take care of yourself xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 1:37pm
So sorry to hear that lulu!
Be kind to yourself and hold onto that hope for the future xx
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2016 at 2:28pm
Sorry to hear Lulu while  also being glad that you get some finality.  

I was just saying to someone this morning that in a sad torturous way, waiting for the axe to fall is far more emotionally damaging and draining than having the axe actually fall.  I say this because after the axe has done its worse, we are faced with the knowledge that time has not stopped,  that the sun keeps on shining, we keep on breathing, and somehow we find a way to keep moving on to the future. That is not to say we will not be sad, that this moment will not create a scar we carry with us from here,  but that at least we have a formal acknowledgement that there is a reason to be sad, that we are allowed to grieve and go through the various stages of that,  instead of living in that squeeze of hope and despair where people hurt us with their well meaning comments that show they do not understand it, us, or situation at all.
All the best for your D and C.  I hope it goes smoothly.
xx

Edited by heavenly.talker - 23 September 2016 at 9:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 9:36am
Oh Lulu, i am so sorry! sending hugs xxxx

Wow HT, you brought me to tears! That is beautifully put xx

AFM, had bloods done yesterday and then a very long day in Rotorua for a family funeral (feeling stuffed today at work ) but the bloods came back looking good. Started pessaries today and we transfer on Tuesday at 10.55. I love that i get all the late appointments     Still can't believe its next week, starting to feel the nerves.........
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 9:59am
Yay exciting Sweetpea I hope the time goes fast for you hehe
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 3:24pm
Exciting Sweetpea! Good luck with the "messaries" I'm not looking forward to that in a week! Our transfers will only be a week apart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 9:02pm
Yay for messaries sweetpea. :-). Fingers crossed and excited for you
xx
Moon*glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moon*glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2016 at 10:13pm
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't written for ages, DH and I have been away at the beach and it was absolute bliss!! We had our appointment with FA on Monday and it went pretty well. He was pretty optimistic about our chances of success which is refreshing, but of course no guarantee of anything. We've got two frosties which we can start transferring next month, and then if neither of them work we've got another publicly funded IVF cycle which we would have to wait about six months for which I'm ok with. My acupuncturist has recommended the Colorado protocol which I thought I might go with. The Dr didn't seem to think it would make any difference but was happy for us to try, but then when he started talking about the different protocols (manufactured vs natural) we really started liking the idea of natural. The fact of having to go into town daily for blood tests will be a bit of a pain, but that far outweighs not having to be on any drugs (especially the pessaries!!) I thought I might see about doing natural but still take the aspirin because I know there is some evidence supporting that. Also my body has gotten pregnant four times previously, and I need to have full trust it can do it again.

I had a really good talk with DH, and he is so exhausted with TTC and he just thinks this will go on forever, and I can empathise with him on that. We have very different views on whether to do the next round of IVF, but hopefully we won't need to make that decision.

Good luck for your transfer on Tuesday Sweetpea, as far as your question on whether to carry on or rest, I'm not sure. For my 2 IVF cycles I've taken the whole month off work and it hasn't worked, for our FET I'm going to carry on as normal, try something different this time.

Bonnie, I found this information on the FA website under the GP section that explains the tests pretty well:
https://www.fertilityassociates.co.nz/info-for-gps/hormones-explained-fsh-progesterone/

Storm that's great he agreed to do the two at once, and yay for FET on 4th, I wish you all the best of luck for it, I'll have absolutely everything crossed for you!!! What do you think of the Colorado protocol? We've decided to not do it this time, but if this one doesn't work I'll consider it next time. I haven't really been able to find much recent information about it.

Lulu, I am so sorry for your loss, and especially sorry for the long time it took for them to come to that conclusion. All the best of luck for your D&C on Tuesday. Please take care of yourself honey, I'll be thinking of you xxx

How are you doing HT? Are you a writer, you write things in such a gifted way. The way you explain things bring such comfort, and you say things how I would like to but I could never come up with words like you do so often. Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2016 at 12:22am
Thanks Moonglow.  I guess I write as part of my career profile, although in more of a professional dry way than anything more meaningful sorry. Maybe one day I will find my truth and have a go at writing that down.  In here, I feel safe to express my thoughts and feelings, and I have been dealing with girly problems for the last 30 years (since I was 12) so I can appreciate how much we all deal with in our different circumstances.   I feel for each and every one of you, and carry you in my heart and head throughout the day, wishing you well, and hoping this is it this time.  Eeeek, I did not mean that in a weird stalker way, I promise. bahaha. 

In TTC news, my cycle has run really long and now I have convinced myself in the last few days I either have pregnant boobs (tingly and fuller and achey) or a breast cancer lump on one which is causing part of the strong symptoms that have been my sidekick lately  . I'm shaking my head at myself as I write this, talk about going nuts haha. the chances of it happening naturally after all we have gone through would be massively ironic.  After umming and aahhing most of the day,  I stopped at the chemist to buy a POAS on the way home tonight. I went in, viewed the tests (they were digital blue... bleh!)  and so then chickened out. Note I had driven past the supermarkets that stock first response strips.
I also tend to look for signs of synchronicity when thinking about stuff in my life and the possible different scenarios, and today my DH's aunty posted a clip of a bib bouquet for baby showers on my facebook wall. WT? ... that is random! Could that be a message? lol

After this many years, it would indeed be another miracle, I am too overweight at the present time and over the wrong side of the magic age fertility cliff. Most likely I'm entering menopause and so I can't get any sort of hopes up as the let down becomes to large to process and the scar too deep. Yet the thought that we could have another baby made me really wondrous and happy while driving home tonight. I can see her in my arms all wrapped up, perfectly formed and sleeping peacefully. I think I am going to wait a few more days before I surrender and take the test that will show another negative result. A couple of days after that AF should arrive.

I'm really happy that transfer isn't far away Moonglow :-) Exciting times are ahead. My fingers are crossed for you! I've never done a natural cycle so it will be interesting to find out more about it from you as you progress through. :-) xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2016 at 12:29pm
Thanks ladies. Still can't believe it is as close as it is.

Yay Storm, wont be far apart at all. At least we will be in the TTW together

Moon, let me know about the natural path too. My cycle is too much of a mess to do that. I'm interested though on how you go on it. Glad you had a nice break at the beach.

HT, you should be a writer you put words on paper so easily. Random messages are something I always look into as well and then think why do I do this! I hope you get some answers soon hun xx

TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2016 at 2:16pm
HT I'm on the same path as you convinced I'm pregnant, either that or I'm having a bad run of sickness!
So far since ovulation I've had what felt like a minor bladder infection but without the not being able to pee lol
And a sore throat which turned into a mild cold which I managed to kick yesterday but today I'm feeling that same flem feeling in my throats and feel nauseous and exhausted!
AF is either due mon,tues or wed depending when I o'd but I'm thinking Wednesday so if I'm not I'll be gutted

Speaking of signs HT I've got my parents coming to stay next weekend and my brother and his family who don't live in same town as me here also so having a family dinner and then the next day have a family brunch with my hubby's family so I'm like omg is that a sign that I get to see all the important people in one weekend to possibly tell them in person haha

Minds are evil things!
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenly.talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2016 at 3:18pm
LOL re minds are evil things. Yes, I agree Faith. 

I just have come back from supermarket and done two tests (both -). Oh well... boobs still sore and feeling off and tired but it does mean that AF should arrive in next few days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 517518519520521 593>