FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 593>
Author
KatieA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 8:46am
Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Congrats on a good scan Sweetpea!

Good news about your embryos Storm! All the best moving forward :)

How exciting Lulu!

Sorry if i have missed anything else to celebrate, just had a quick read before another manic week of work.

TTC #1
Currently waiting for public funding
Sponsored Links

AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 2:32pm
Well that was a frustrating morning. Had an appointment with the clinic nurse to discuss our funded cycle. I assumed that I was going in to get my plan and my drugs, but no. They wanted me and MrADN to be there (wasn't made clear so he wasn't there) so we could both sign the B form in front of them (no need because they have numerous other forms of ours and our signatures on file) and so they could go through the basic overview of how an IVF cycle works. Uhh, this is number 4, I know how it works, thanks. And I don't need a lesson in injecting.

I mentioned that this was going to be cycle 4 in a year and the nurse looked at me and said "How could you have gone through that many cycles in a year?" to which I responded "Easy when they don't go well."

Then she asks if I want to speak to the counselor. No thanks. There's nothing the counselor can do to help. What would have been useful was to know that this wasn't a "lets get started" appointment. I was expecting to start next week. Instead I have to finish this cycle of the pill, have the week break THEN start on another 3 weeks of the pill.

You know what else would have been helpful? If the nurse had f**king read my file before my appointment. Or if there was some foresight that people who have been through private cycles probably don't need this type of wasteful bullsh*t appointment before starting a public cycle.

/rant

Edited by AnyDayNow - 13 March 2017 at 2:39pm
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 3:41pm
Thanks Kumeroa and Katie A. I called the nurse this morning about getting on to FET next cycle which is due end of this week so she's going to talk to my Doc and get the plan in place. I also asked her to ask him about putting back two - didn't hurt last time, so hopefully he'll be ok with it this time

ADN how super frustrating for you! I havn't been through public before, but if they only wanted you to sign the one form can you not take it away and have DH sign it, then scan and send it back? That's generally how I do it as DH is mostly not available to come to all my appointments and those ones I usually do alone. I'm sorry it didn't go as planned for you and the wait is even longer for you now!

Hope everyone is doing well.
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 7:24pm
ADN that is crap! We were informed on our cycle (funded) that we both had to be there to sign the paper work so they could see us each sign it. The drugs won't come until just before you start them as they don't give me out encase the cycle doesn't go ahead as they can't take them back once given. So expect that one. Pretty sh*tty I must say. She should have read your file!
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 8:24pm
ADN how annoying and frustrating! Nothing worse than expecting progress and getting no where!
I hope going forward it's more smooth for you! Sounds like they def needed to be more on there game!
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 8:28am
Thanks all, I felt so much better after I hit send on my rant :)
Lulu2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 7:40pm
Good news for me today, the scan went well everything looked normal. The relief was just enormous.

AND i would be pissed also. Im sorry you experienced that.

Storm hope they are happy to put two back. Do you get to choose which ones?
I have a beautiful son (3yo) amd ttc since September 2014. MMC September 2016.
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 11:23am
Oh great news, Lulu!

Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 4:27pm
Lulu that's fantastic news! Congrats! Are you in your 7th week now?

I think I can choose which two - I'll certainly ask. I thought the nurse would've called me today after speaking to my doc this morning, but I haven't heard from her. Will call her tomorrow if she still hasn't called, as AF is due Friday.

Hope everyone is well, it's super quiet in here!
TTC #2 6+ yrs. Multiple chemical losses, 4 IVF rounds, multiple FET's. Fingers still crossed for a miracle to come our way
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 5:10pm
Yay Lulu! That's awesome news. I bet you are relieved.

ADN,that's so frustrating. With all that we've already had to go through, you'd think they'd be a bit more understanding. I don't know why they wouldn't let you sign it and scan it back - that's what we always did living so far from the clinic.

Storm, all the best with your upcoming FET :-) That's awesome that you ended up with 3! yay. Quality over quantity for sure.

Sweetpea, so good to hear that all is ticking along smoothly. Keep us posted!

AFM, I think I mentioned a few weeks ago about our search to find an egg donor (aka "our egg hunt" haha). Well, we've narrowed it down to 3 lovely ladies. All friends of mine! If we go with our top choice, we have to wait 6-12 months unfortunately, so we're trying to decide if we want to wait that long (so much can change in that amount of time. In the meantime, DH and I are still TTC on our own (3dpo now! it's my first cycle in 4 years where I ovulated before day 16!). We still hold onto a wee bit of hope...

Also, I published another article in stuff a few weeks ago about coming to terms with finding an egg donor. I haven't really told many people I wrote it because we're still being pretty quiet about things (and really want to respect our potential donors). But luckily it was published under my married name that no recognises. Here is it..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/share-your-news-and-views/17590158/Why-is-asking-for-help-so-hard
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 10:12pm
Beautifully written, a.girl, I felt like you were sharing your precious insight face-to-face!

Edited by LiBi - 15 March 2017 at 10:13pm
Lulu2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 10:32pm
You have a gift a.girl, a beautiful way of using words. Its a lovely read and resonants with me.

Yes, i am in my 7th week now, and feeling like this might actually work this time. I wish I could understand how its possible to have so many failed months, and yet one day, one month is just works. Its a game of russian roulette!

Storm i wonder which two the doc will recommend... what a difficult thing to decide.

I have a beautiful son (3yo) amd ttc since September 2014. MMC September 2016.
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:23am
That's a great article a.girl. It gives me hope that if we end up needing a donor we'll find one also :)

Lulu, 7 weeks! There's no rhyme nor reason it seems unfortunately but wishing you all the best.
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 10:02am
Agirl lovely article and you must feel very lucky to have so many to choose from! I doubt I'd have any!
Lulu yay congrats !

Storm hope you hear some news soon.

AFM just waiting out the cycle , AF due Monday and booked in for the hysteroscopy next Thursday aslong as AF arrives on time.
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 5:27pm
Thanks so much for your support and encouragement with my writing :-) And thanks for taking the time to read it. It surely is cathartic and I feel a bit better about educating the world about the struggles some of us are going through. ADN, I'm so glad that it gives you hope! We were shocked by the response, but honestly, a friend I made here on OB found at least 5 potential donors for me!!! You just never know which friend is hanging back in the shadows waiting for their time to shine! Faith, I bet you'd be surprised. We thought that too, but people really are so willing to help (hence the title of the article). Even if they can't offer their own eggs, a lot of women were keen to help us connect up with someone who can. Libi, really try to do my writing so it sounds like I'm "talking" to someone, so thank you for recognizing that :-) You girls are the best!!! Oh, one more thing, I actually think that being super open about our journey has helped this part of it immensely. We aren't just random strangers asking for help; people have been a part of our story for over 4 years and know just how hard we've tried and how much we want this.   

Faith, good luck for Thursday. I hope everything goes well! IVF #2 will come around faster than you think!
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2017 at 9:20pm
That's a great point about being open about your journey a.girl. People get invested and want to help.

Did anyone watch "A year from now" on three on Wed night? I caught up with it on 3 on demand this arvo. It's a UK show with people coming on saying what they want to do/have achieved in a year from now then BOOM through the magic of television they are there, a year later, to show if they've achieved whatever it is.

Anyway, there is a family on there. A wife, husband, and 13 yr old from the wife's first marriage. The wife and husband have had two ectopic pregnancies (OMG HOW sh*t!?) so have to use IVF to try for a baby. Anyways they come back a year later and she's 36 weeks gone. Which means pretty much their first try took. And here's me going "well that's bloody brave going on a show wanting something you have absolutely no control over". But no. Pregnant. f**k.
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 9:02am
I didn't watch that show, but I would have switched it off immediately! I can't handle that type of thing... people deciding what they want and getting it straight away. It is probably still the one thing I can't reconcile with in this how infertility journey.
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 3:09pm
Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment though.
Storm11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Storm11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:58am
A.girl fantastic job on the article. Beautifully written. And I agree, fertility struggles aren't discussed enough - I'm a lot more open about it now that I was a few years back. Looking forward to more articles from you!

I am back on to my progynova for FET in a couple of weeks, and doc has agreed to let us put back two we will be putting back the to top grade embryos, both were frozen on day 5 and we'll have a day 6 frozen if needed

Hope everyone has a nice weekend
Rosey13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosey13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:53am
Hi all. I had first scan yesterday for ivf #3. I am on a different protocol this time (burserelin with gonal f) and day 8 of taking gonal f I only had 4 follicles. Big blow, they think maybe it's too early - I don't know. I go back Monday which will be day 11 on stims. Has anyone had this and seen more show up along the way? I hav been so positive and was willing this to b great but can't see how this is going to improve 😥
TTC 2nd child for 41/2 yrs
"unexplained infertility"
monitored cycles for 12 months 2013/2014
IVF #1 2015 BFN - 2 frosties
FET 02/16 CP
FET 03/16 BFP MMC 8 weeks
IVF #2 Sep 2016 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 593>