FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 568569570571572 593>
Author
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 1:27pm
ADN how did your scan go?
How's everyone else?

I'm very relieved with my scan! First time ever I didn't hear the sentence "looks like a polyp there" so phew!. 6 main follicles on each side with 2 of them possibly being cysts that I had drained last egg collection. Blood test showed nice high estrogen so looking like EC Wednesday but going back Monday for another scan just to make sure.
TTC #1
On wait list for public IVF since July 2015
IVF #1 Oct 2016 - 1 blast frozen
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
IVF #2 May - 1 fresh transfer BFP but ended in early miscarrage.
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
Sponsored Links

AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 2:34pm
Hey Faith, that's great!

My scan was good. I have about 6 follicles on one side and one or two on the other. They have grown very slowly since my last scan so I'm also back in on Monday!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 4:06pm
Awesome ADN sounds promising!
Did they say when you might be ready for EC? We might be in sync!
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 8:45am
Eeeep there was no discussion of retrieval! I'm growing them slowly this time so they'd have to zoom along by Monday's scan for a Wed EC...
a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 9:01am
Not good news for us today 🙁 Bub measured a week behind and had no heartbeat. Onto donor eggs...
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 10:05am
So sorry to hear that agirl! :(

Scan went well this morning, EC on Wednesday :)
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 11:16am
Oh a.girl, I'm so sorry.

Faith, good news on the scan! I'm stimming one more day so I'll be Thursday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 3:03pm
Yay ADN not far from being in sync then! :)
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
2 Fur babies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2 Fur babies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 5:26pm
Hi all. Back again. Day one for me today. Picking up drugs from FA tomoro and starting gonal f injections tomorrow night. First round of Ivf for us. Was not expecting to start until next month so super happy to find out this afternoon tht we could start on this cycle. DH is away so I will hvto to the first couple of injections myself. So happy to finally be in this position after 6 years   
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 7:47pm
A.girl so sorry that it's bad news. Sending hugs your way right now.

Faith and ADN hoping EC goes well for you both. Will be thinking of you both
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 2:24pm
Good luck 2furbabies! Just dart the needle in and you'll be fine. I do all my injections myself, don't trust himself to stab me :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:11pm
Yay 2furkids it's exciting to get started!
And I'm the same as ADN do the injections myself :)
Thanks sweetpea:)

TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 9:05pm
a.girl I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. How are you coping?

I had my 15 minute free phone consultation with Fertility Associates today and was very impressed, the nurse was lovely and it actually ended up being a 35 minute consultation covering a lot of medical ground! Hooray for a sense of progress

The nurse said it seems we have done everything possible ourselves health/diet/charting wise over the past 14 months of TTC #2 and she recommended the next step is to book an appointment with Dr Catherine Conway at the Christchurch clinic. Has anyone here been under her care?

I'm surprised by how much it feels like a load has been lifted off my shoulders to have some traction underfoot!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 10:20pm
Hi libi I'm with Christchurch FA but have not crossed paths with Catherine, every other doctor there I've seen tho and they're lovely so I'm sure she is too
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
LiBi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiBi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 10:51pm
Thank you for that encouragement, Faith
KatieA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 10:51am
Hi Everyone!! Feels like so long since I have been on here!

I will read back and see what's new at some stage, I hope everyone is doing well :) But I am sorry to hear the rough news a.girl!

Hope EC goes well Faith! and same to you for tomorrow ADN :)

Libi, we are with Catherine Conway, I really like her as so far. She has given us all the options and was very supportive of our final choice to use a donor. I hope your appt goes well!

AFM, we are stillll waiting for a donor. Luckily work has been incredibly busy for the last two months that I haven't really had time to think about the wait that feels like it is going on forever. It has been almost 18 months on the wait list Now that work has slowed down, I am focusing on getting myself nice and healthy and losing a wee bit of weight to keep the docs happy!

Have a great day ladies x
TTC #1
Currently waiting for public funding

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 12:38pm
Katie hope a donor comes up for you soon and thank you for your thoughts

EC went well got 10 which is 2 more than last time so I'm happy with that now hoping for good fertilization rates

Good luck for EC tomorrow ADN
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 2:38pm
LiBi, it's great to get moving isn't it.

KatieA, glad to hear you're taking time to look after yourself. Fingers crossed that wait finishes soon.

YAY FAITH! 10 is awesome, go you. Hope you recover fast. I've organised myself a nest and little pack of drinks/food for recovery tomorrow.

a.girl, hope you're doing ok xxx

a.girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a.girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2017 at 4:43pm
Wow Faith, that's a great haul. Good work! And good luck with Fertilization tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck to you as well, ADN. Bring us home some more good news :-)

2Furbabies, I hope your first injections went well - they aren't really as bad as you work them up to be, huh?

Libi, I'm glad you had an encouraging conversation. Doesn't it feel great to finally feel like you are moving ahead?

KatieA, I hope you find your donor quickly. Are you looking for a sperm donor?
We found our egg donor ourselves and super quickly! I was shocked that it could take 2-3 years for the clinic to find us one, if they could even. And we wouldn't have any choice in it either really. I am so pleased that this process has moved as quickly as it has for us since we went down the "find your own route".

Sweetpea, good to hear from you. I hope you are well!

Storm, I've just read back and saw your last FET didn't go as planned. I'm so sorry, hun. There are no words :-( I hope you get some answers and some help soon. Whats your next step? I suppose you just want a break from it all now, huh?

And thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I'm ok. Since we had a suspicion all along that things weren't going well, it wasn't a shock to get the confirmation. It's still sad though. Surprisingly I haven't shed a tear yet (I've been pretty grumpy though - poor dh). I'm just worried now that I will mc at home rather than in the hospital - I really want the tissue to get tested. I have an apt on Friday morning, so hopefully I can hold on until they an admit me on the weekend. I've been having a few cramps on and off (still no bleeding though) but if it does start at home, I will just take myself to the hospital and hope they can admit me then and there.
6 Angels...5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 9/14, 4/17, 10/17 (ectopic)
Balanced Translocation b/t 13&14
IVF #1 - no blastocysts
IVF #2 - 2 failed FETs
IVF #3 - 1 failed FET
IVF #4 - Donor eggs, no luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 10:00am
Thanks ADN and agirl:)

Agirl I hope you get it all sorted at hospital and don't have to go thru that at home!

Got my call had 8 of the 10 fertilize so extremely happy with that! Last time only 5 out of 8 fertilized, so booked in for transfer 9am Monday :)
TTC #1
FET Nov 2016 - BFN
5 in freezer
FET June 2017 BFP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 568569570571572 593>