FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 582583584585586 593>
Author
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 12:05am
Thanks for the thoughts Sweetpea and ADN. No luck this time - test was a BFN. That’s our last opportunity on public funding (as we’d have to wait until DD is 5 to qualify again).

For now we will try the old fashioned way - DD was a miracle conceived in the month after a FET cycle so I still have some hope for this month!

I browsed FA’s website to check costs for private IVF and it made my eyes water. I now know you can’t put a price on a baby but holy crap it’d be stressful dropping that sort of money cycle after cycle hoping this is going to be “the one”. I jokingly said to my husband paying for an IVF cycle like going to Vegas and putting $12-15k on black: the odds of success are about the same (although the prize is SO much greater and any amount of $ ‘lost’ would be forgotten if we were successful in having another baby.)

Out of interest, I’d be keen to know who has done the $30k fertility cover option... how many cycles & transfers did you end up doing? Has anyone done the whole lot, had no luck and got the 70% refund?
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Sponsored Links

Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 9:15am
Sorry to hear Star that it was a BFN! We are public funded too and the price of paying blew me away when I first looked. It really is incredible
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2018 at 1:43pm
I'm so sorry Star. I hope you have another round of luck the old fashioned way.

We didn't do the $30k cover option but wish we had. We paid for 2.5 rounds (two retrievals, one cancelled cycle) out of pocket and were then successful on our public round. The only good thing was we had learned what was likely to work protocol wise for that last round. We are extremely lucky that we were able to afford to go privately but have sacrificed other things along the way in order to do so.
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2018 at 7:17pm
Hi ladies,

I don’t know if anyone remembers me but I was in here a few years ago with ttc our first one. I’m so sorry to still see some of you in here, I often think about you all and where everyone is up to with their journey (will have to read back quite a bit) congrats to any one who has had success, I hope it’s all going well for you.

We have decided to try for our second child now through fertility associaates again (pcos and don’t ovulate on my own) as our little one is just about to turn two. I totally understand the guilt thing when some are still trying for their first. I would give anything to trade places with some of you, some times you just want to wave your fists to the world!

I’m currently back on provera as my cycles are pretty much non existent again 😒 I was lucky to get a year of regular periods after my son was born, but now has turned to sh*t again. Once I’m on day one will be starting puregon again followed with iui.

So I hope no one minds me being in here again, I found this thread really helpful and supportive the last time.

J xx

4 years TTC #1 - October 2015 - BFP

TTC #2 April 2018
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2018 at 6:38pm
Hey J, hoping all goes well with the iui!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:23pm
Hey J, I remember you... welcome back. All the best for your IUI!

Fairylight, did you do your IUI in April?

And Roubaix, was it April for your FET?

Baby dust to you all...

Thanks for thoughts on fertility cover ADN - gosh you really did have the long road

Edited by *Star* - 02 May 2018 at 10:28pm
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
Fairylight Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairylight Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 10:19pm
Hi Star!I had IUI yesterday!I didn't end up doing it last month as they cancelled due to the high risk of triplets!my body responded far too well to clomid so they weren't happy going through with it. I was so angry for days thinking it's such a waste and I was in a lot of pain and discomfort for nothing in the end. So glad to have got to IUI yesterday, while was painless compared to my other 3. My uterus already is feeling heavy which it normally doesn't so I'm Reading onto signs already which will drag out the TWW.
TTC 6yr
3x IVF/ICSI 6ET (5 x MC/1 BFN)
3x endo ops/severe MFI
'15 IUI DS #3 BFP

TTC#2 '18 IUI DS #2 BFP

https://lbdf.lilypie.com/b9d5p12.png

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 8:33pm
Good luck fairylight!

We had our follow up appointment on Tuesday to see what is next for us. My main thing was wanting to know what we can do or when and what the process was going to be after our daughter. I was concerned as I had to have a c-section too (not by choice) and had heard we would need to wait 12-18mnths before getting pregnant again, that scared me. Anyway it went well. We don't have to wait 12-18months. This is apparently just a random number that has been plucked for the air as they can't really test how long you need to wait for all to heal well. But my doc said since its been 6months then she was happy. She has given me a script for folic acid to start now and then we wait. I need to have AF on my own (just finished BF) and then on the 2nd AF if we are ready to transfer we ring on day 2. I was a bit shocked by it all..... You can't be BF still if wanting to transfer due to the drugs as it is not good for bub and it dries up your milk.
I am hoping that my 1st AF isn't too far away but I am also not sure if I'm ready for another.... hubby is chopping at the bit but it's not his body that goes through all this...
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Ahhh fairylight! Fingers crossed for the best result from your IUI, I hope the 2WW doesn’t drag on too long! Make sure you have plenty on to distract you if possible.

Wow Sweetpea, that’s exciting! Geez I feel like maybe we should have gone back sooner now, but I felt like we’d be fobbed off if we went back too soon ... great to hear that’s not the case for you! Totally get what you mean about being unsure if you’re ready to do it all again tho.
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:27pm
Hi, not sure who will remember me but I wanted to stop by and share some hope.
In brief me and DH tried for 3 years no luck, did 3 rounds of ivf(7 eggs transfered and none took apart from the hearbreaking breif moment we thought we were successful only to find out at the 7 week scan it was a blighted ovumn. Any way after deciding we couldnt go through another round due to my age, low odds of sucess and the cost( we never qualfied for funding) we gave up. Trying to find some sort of new direction we did a trip overseas, came back and brought a house. A do-er upper, basically a distraction tool. Fast forward a very nervous pregnacy (in my head only as i was terrified it was going to be one of lifes cruel jokes) Our baby girl arrived 5 weeks early! 6lb 3oz and healthy. We feel blessed but my husband and I still have those on the same journey in our thoughts. /its a journey noone should have to travel.

Wishing you all the best and always hoping for postive outcomes for you all.
TTC since 2013.
1st ivf 4 eggs fertilized. 1 blight ovum (2 eggs transfered) and 2 BFN
2 IVF - 2 fertlised, 2BFN
3 IVF - 1 fertilised BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 6:59am
Congrats Kiwi that's great news that she has arrived! Enjoy motherhood xx
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:02am
Thanks guys, IUI is tomorrow morning. I haven’t had one before, is it relatively easy to do? Did anyone find it painful? I’m sooo nervous!! I have no idea what to expect, yikes!

I remember you kiwigirl, congrats on ur little one xx

TTC #2 April 2018
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 11:23am
Congrats kiwi! Enjoy your little girl, I know she will be so precious.

Good luck JMM2B!
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 12:40pm
Hoping someone sees this, is it normal to feel quite ill two days after an iui? The procedure itself was fine I.e no issues but since that night I’ve had terrible cramping for that night and yesterday and feeling really off. Not as bad today just sort of dull ache. Had a little bit of yellow discharge this morning and am freaking out something’s gone wrong, is this normal?? I’m doing the pesseries and I know they can muck with you but this is such a new experience to me, help!! Just want to know if anyone else has had this?

TTC #2 April 2018
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:13pm
Hi JMM2B. Sorry, I don't have any experience with IUI so can't help. But maybe call the nurses to check? Probably worth it just to be reassured that it's normal.
TTC #1 from 2012. Unexplained.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN
IVF2 Oct '15- BFP, 3 frosties. DD born Aug '16

TTC #2
FET1 BFN, FET2 CP, FET3 cancelled
IVF3 Oct '18- FET1 BFN, FET2 BFN
IVF4 May '19- BFP, 1 frosty
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:33pm
Fairylight - hope the TWW hasn't been too trying for you. It must nearly be over now? Fingers crossed for you.

Kiwigirl - that's great to hear! Enjoy the newborn snuggles.

AFM... Had first FET last month but a BFN. And have just had FET#2 this morning. 1 more left after this cycle, and then it'll be back to another round of IVF. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, but the (fresh) embryo that became DD was much higher graded than the frosties and so far they've all deteriorated during the thaw process. I know the grading isn't supposed to really matter - they're all viable - but it is a little hard not to feel a wee bit cynical and that we're spending a lot of money ($1850 per cycle) on something that isn't going to work when we could be saving that for a full IVF cycle.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:52pm
How are you feeling JMM2B?
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:18pm
Congrats Kiwi! Wow, a good size 35 weeker! I hope all is going well :)

Thanks for the update on where you're at Sweetpea. I also need to make that appointment for the follow up. I'm going to do that tomorrow.

Hope all is going well JMM2B and Roubaix.
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:27pm
feeling a lot better today, thank you! Everything seems to have settled down, I don’t know wether that is a good or bad thing :/ , having wicked stabbing in my boobs though and the occasional ones in my lower stomach. This tww is torture!!

TTC #2 April 2018
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 10:13pm
Hey Roubaix, how are you hanging in there? Only a couple more days wait to go, right?

Thinking of you also in the wait JMM2B!

We have started on a monitored cycle... have decided to do these while we wait to be eligible for public funding again. 3rd day of letrozole, I haven’t noticed any effects yet. Has anyone else tried letrozole? I was on Clomiphene last time I did this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 582583584585586 593>