FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 593>
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 9:31pm
Good luck brownie.
Next dilemma do I bother with the elevit if I'm not ttc for the next while? I'm thinking maybe not. It's expensive! I'm thinking a break from that kind of thing might do me good.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 9:38pm
Brownie you could be right actually, when I think about it! I think Im suppose to ovulate in the next couple of weeks so I presume it will be levels they will be checking. Hmmmmm I guess tomorrow could be quite a important one then!

I felt fine while taking them apart from one day I had a slight headache but I think I managed to nip it with panadol before it started bad. I have noticed a couple of days after stopping them though I have been extremely tired and have had a lot more discharge than I have ever had(sorry for the tmi!)

It is expensive isn't it babycrazy! I got some for my first round but not sure if ill continue with it all the way through my pregnancy, if it happens. The doctors ones seem to work just as well I think.

Breaks are always good! Sometimes everything can just get so overloading and tired with al, this baby jazz! Make sure you pamper yourself and take some time for yourself xx

Edited by JaneMoore121023 - 21 July 2013 at 9:41pm
brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 7:29am
Thanks bc'! It is so expensive why font you take folic on its own?

Jane! Good luck today then :) here's a tip if you don't do it already. Try taking it at night time?! You end up sleeping off most of the headaches and ht flushes I found it way better at night :)
PCOS, 5 rounds of Clomid. 1 round of Letrozole 5mg & metformin
Puregon injections Aug & sep 2013
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
When is it going to happen for us?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:35am
Lol brownie from now on I will be believe me. I got it cheap online and naively thought that I'd be utd by now so it'd be worth the money. How wrong was I haha. Waiting to get my bloodtest now then this afternoon will have more idea about my next steps.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:49am
Oh that is a positive move bc. I hope they come up with a plan. You definatey get to the point of feeling like nothing is working and you just want to hit it hard! We want the end result other women say how easy it was lol!!!

Keep us posted on your results, that's if you want x
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 10:59am
Test will be negative am CD2 now. Am pretty sure it's ivf next. And despite public funding I'll be paying I'm not waiting another whole year.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 11:05am
Ohhhh im sorry BC

I agree! I wouldn't want to have to wait that long either. I would pay like you!

xx
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 11:13am
Totally understand BC. I'm really sorry

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 11:33am
So sorry BC :-( There are loads of success stories from ex Charting girls through IVF, a few I am really good friends with now - 2 on first cycle of IVF, one on 2nd and 1 that only needed her body to have the threat of IVF and be on the waiting list to get her natural BFP. Really hope it works out for you xxx
AFM I got the go ahead from my acupuncturist/chinese herb man to try this month!! Its weird I am really nervous - never felt that way about TTC before, guessing its the reality that this one has to work or our journey is all over.
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 3:23pm
Thanks girls. Threw myself into the gardening - such good therapy.
All the best monkeys. And thanks for the positive stories. I've got a couple friends who had ivf and it worked do I keep that in my mind.
Take care ladies xxx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 5:19pm
Spoke to nurse. Will make review appt tomorrow. As I thought ivf likely next step. Public wait is 10mths down there not as bad but still too long for me!! So will fund our own I think and go on the list just in case.
Thanks again for all your support girls. I'd be lost without you all!!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:45pm
Hi girls, well I had my 2nd blood test for this cycle this morning and have now been told I need another one on Thursday morning, so will be my third in 9 days! Must admit my arm is starting to hurt just a tad!

For previous clomid ladies how many blood tests did you have before they gave you a scan?? I'm starting to worry but I guess my levels are still not high enough to ovulate?! And then I read that you should ovulate 10days after your last pill, making mine Friday.....hmmmm so I guess I'm just too impatient hehe.

Yes!! Will def be taking them in the evening next time, I had the worst hot flushes and have been melting in bed the last couple of nights.

Ooooh babycrazy! I'm glad you have your review tomorrow and I hope there's some positive progress or news for you!
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:47pm
And monkeys, I had a friend who was successful with ttc after 3years by having acupuncture! Apparently it can work wonders! Good luck :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:56pm
Needles totally suck Jane - think my record was 6 days straight then one 7 days later and 7 days after that. It was brutal!

Just making the actual appointment tomorrow - it won't be for at least 2-3 wks.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
brownie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 8:58pm
Hey Jane don't panic sometimes it's is normal! Most of my cycles I had 2 or 3 blood tests before I went in for scan! So it is normal :)
March 2013 Angel Baby
TTC #1 for 18Months+
IVF early 2014
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2013 at 2:28pm
I always had a couple of bloods too Jane - when did you normally OV? They start the bloods based on a standard 28 day cycle, so if you OV late, like I do then you will most probably have extras.
Hang in there it will happen!
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
JMM2B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMM2B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2013 at 3:18pm
Oooooh I c! Okay that makes me feel a little bit more relaxed :) thanks girls!!

Ummm I'm not sure when I normally ovulate so I guess it could be any time or happen later in my cycle
reddahlia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddahlia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:06am
Hi ladies, I'm back from a tropical island holiday (lucky me!) :)

Feel outa the loop, will have to read back over your posts...

Really sorry to hear that you are back to the start of another cycle babyc - after 3 and a half years I know exactly how that feels! You will get there hun, and i'm beginning to think ivf is not so scary:

I got my call from the clinic yesterday to make a date to come in and meet the ivf team etc in September. Wow! So this is actually going to happen after being on the waiting list for over a year (will be 18 months in November when it will go ahead). I am sooooo nervous but also strangely relieved and excited to finally surrender to whatever help is needed. So tired of going through this on our own, month after disappointing and upsetting month!!!!!!

Jane I know when I took clomid with an iui they had a series of bloodtests, so that sounds pretty normal to me?
reddahlia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddahlia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:09am
Before my ivf appointment I have to repeat all the fertility tests that I had done 18 months ago, such as the AMH test etc. I am equal parts curious to see if anything has changed, and terrified that my hormone levels have dropped or something. At 35, could go either way...
reddahlia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddahlia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:13am
I also question each month if it is worth staying on elevit when nothing seems to change, but I have justified it in terms of it supporting my whole wellbeing - the stress that longterm TTC causes on an ongoing basis no doubt strips my body of essential nutrients, and I need all the strength and support I can get

Right now I'm on CD 13, just waiting, waiting, waiting for another month to bite the dust...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 593>