FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo sperm :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 9:39pm
All natural for me sunshine. On paper everything is perfectly fine so they keep telling me lol. And I believe them as I ovulate and have reg cycles.
When's your transfer?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

Sunshine82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 9:45pm
Blood test on Thurs then transfer the following Tues all going well. Hmmm think it must be because my periods were a bit irregular last year. Have been really good since I've known I'm not going to get pregnant for the last 6 months though. Amazing what the mind can do...

Have you got dates yet?
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 9:55pm
No dates yet but last transfer bloods were day 10 (so Saturday coming) then scan and bloods follow depending on what my levels are doing. Once they've detected ovulation 5 days later they transfer. So by my calculations in about 2 wks I'll be carrying another embie.....hopefully the lucky embie.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2014 at 10:08pm
Sounds like it will be a couple of days after mine then. Definitely the lucky embie :)
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 2:21pm
Fingers crossed it is the lucky embie for you babycrazy! And two weeks doesn't seem like long at all just think in a month it may be tears of joy, fingers and toes crossed for you.
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 7:37am
Hugs baby crazy, I've just come back from holiday and was thinking about you. So sorry to hear how it ended but great you have another transfer lined up.

Yay for wedding planning Jacq! It is so much fun planning, we recently celebrated our one year anniversary so I def remember the excitement well!

Welcome Sunshine/Hannah, I have found it wonderful to chat to people in a similar situation. Sounds like it has been a scary ride for you and your man! They put the C word on the table for us too but luckily didn't find anything. Exciting for your upcoming transfer! And how awesome you got so many wee embies.

Nothing new to report here, haven't heard from FA, I'm thinking I might just give them a call and have a private consult. There is so much I'm dying to know about donor sperm and I'm making myself a bit crazy thinking about it. DH needing a bit of follow up for a few medical issues we have found along the way so at. The very least it's great we found that out as we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Hope you are all staying warm!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 9:10am
Welcome back Bat.
Definitely get the consult you'll just drive yourself mental otherwise.
As predicted first bloods are Saturday. Ahhhh hope it works this time!!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 9:11am
Exciting baby crazy! All the best!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 1:49pm
Thanks Bat. Would totally recommend a private consult. It was just great getting started finally and being able to get questions answered even if you wait for public funding of the actual treatment. Also awesome that no C was found for your DH, it is so scary to go through. Good luck!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 2:56pm
Just had a thought bat. If you end up going down the donor path the wait is shorter - just have to wait to get to top of donor list which for us was about 6mths from getting on list to starting treatment.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 9:39pm
Oh wow thanks for that baby crazy. I'm 99% sure we aren't eligible for public funding and I'm having a hard time getting my head around paying a few thousand each time just to get some unknown sperm put in my uterus. It screws with your mind so much!
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2014 at 10:18pm
I also paid for my first appt was keen to get the ball rolling and cause we paid we were in the next week. I haven't had to go down the donor path yet but I can imagine at first it would be hard to get your head around!! But bat welcome back!! Hope you had a much needed break.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 6:03am
Why won't you get funding Bat?
It does screw with your mind at first. And I'll be honest when we first went on the list we had to have some pretty hard conversations about it all and at one point dh (who I call DH but we're not married lol) admitted he had thought about breaking up with me because he wasn't sure he could do the donor thing and knew I really wanted a baby. Not the nicest moment in our long relationship. Thankfully he decided he couldn't live without me hehe.
Best thing to do is have that appt and get all those questions you have answered. It might help you make a firm decision.
Jacq - money certainly talks in the fertility world and got us to the point of getting treatment much faster.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 7:26am
We have two children under 12 in the house so I think that prevents it but haven't had that confirmed by someone who actually knows.
Aw baby crazy it reassures me so much knowing that you guys are going through this too and it's okay. I'll admit I've had some horrible thoughts and it has really made me reassess our relationship. I haven't admitted any of my thoughts to DH as it would break his heart. I think we will be fine whatever happens but it has been a hard thing to get my head around and it's not like there are so many people around who truly understand either.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 9:55am
Hmmm that may have an effect bat but you never know.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 12:31pm
Bat- a client I have had two children at home but because there was a known cause an they hadn't had children together they got funding it might not be the same outcome for you but food for thought 😊

Edited by Jacq_P - 30 April 2014 at 12:34pm
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 8:15pm
Ooo that is good to know thanks Jacq! It isn't very clear on the online things.
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 8:29pm
I always find nothing is clear online. Even on FA's website I can never find clear answers. We have decided to pay for a cycle and it's so amazing how things are moving so quickly compared to a publicly funded cycle. So fingers crossed I will be a pregnant bride 😊
Batmobile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batmobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 9:41pm
Oh how exciting for you Jacq!!
J_keri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 9:46pm
So exciting- except after last time I'm going in with eyes wide open. But they are going another retrieval on my hubby to get new sperm they think where they took them from last time they could have been sitting there awhile and a bit past there use by date hence the embies not hatching. So this time they are going deeper for fresh lil swimmers. He's a bit gutted having to do it again but all for the greater good and I go through worse so meh 😉 but all set for a June period as I have to much on in May to want to worry about anything but fingers crossed second time lucky and goodbye savings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>