FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUTD after fertility issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:20pm
Thanks AA...think I just need to chill out, stay positive and know that what will be will be. Counting down until I can see the dr on Tues!
Oh my gosh you are one skilled driver doing all that while throwing up! You can use that one whenever hubby complains about 'women drivers' ;)
Sponsored Links

Sunshine82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:21pm
Thanks AA, that makes me feel better. We're the same as you. Male factor infertility first pregnancy and should be no reason why the pregnancy won't be normal. Definitely just want a midwife. Actually always wanted a home birth but sort of figured that's out the door now too. Will see what they see at my scan but at the end of the day guess it's our choice.
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:21pm
Thanks AA...think I just need to chill out, stay positive and know that what will be will be. Counting down until I can see the dr on Tues! HPT's are getting noticeably darker, basal temp increasing daily, no more cramping really & no bleeding or spotting - surely good signs.
Oh my gosh you are one skilled driver doing all that while throwing up! You can use that one whenever hubby complains about 'women drivers' ;)
Mrs Impatient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 6:55pm
AA - Thanks for setting this thread up, great idea. I never joined any of the 'due in' as I went in it and I didn't feel like any of them understood what I had been through to get here

Sunshine - This is my first pregnancy from our first IVF round also (did 4 IUI's first) and they never suggested I should do any special monitoring as such, so have just been with a midwife. Do have an appointment at the hospital given this is an IVF baby but thats all

I understand all of your concerns, I worried (and still do to a degree) at each step hoping that everything goes as it should

I was very lucky and wasn't sick at all in my first trimester and my baby kicks me now to remind me I am pregnant which I love

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
cridic1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:45pm
Mac, my first BT was when I was 3w5d as I found out quite early I was pregnant. Second test was 3 days later, and my third test tomorrow will be at 4w4d. My first pregnancy I didn't find out I was pregnant until about 4w1d so I already feel like I've been pregnant for ages.... I really want the next 3 weeks to go fast so I can have my first scan. :-)

DH and I were diagnosed as having unexplained infertility, however I have a low AMH, so it's likely my mc were due to my eggs, but of course without testing we can't be sure. Mary at FA seemed to think it was still likely to get a 'good' egg.. so I'm hoping like crazy that this is my good egg.
Me: 39
DH: 40
MMC: 11/13 (7 weeks)
Chem Preg: 04/14
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
EDD: 25/1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:48pm
Regarding the OB v Midwife... I was certain, before getting pregnant, that I'd have a midwife.. however now, just because of my mc's I had considered an OB. I thought I would get some cover through my health insurance, but I had another look today and I think I misread my benefits last time.

I do have a midwife in mind (she's been in my favourites on my computer since my first pregnancy), and I may contact her after I get the results of Thursday's test, or after my scan .. not sure yet. She's already looking like she's filling up for January, so don't want to leave it too late.
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:55pm
I'm the same Cridic, not sure when to contact the midwife I have in mind, was so horrible to have to make that 'cancellation' call after mc :( It's a bit of a mental hurdle for me I think. I think ill wait until I've been to GP tues for first appt & if I need further bloods, wait until after them
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:13pm
Ha ha, hubby got his restricted licence age 35 (I was 15!) so he doesn't get to pull that women driver crap, I'm definitely the better driver.

I see absolutely no reason why you can't have a home birth if you want and your midwife is ok. The risks of birth complications with an assisted conception pregnancy are the same with a naturally conceived one and as long as you accept those risks then fine. We are perhaps a lot more paranoid and fearful than the 'average' woman but I imagine they want their babies to be safe as much as us!!! If you want to have an ob or labour in a hospital then go for it, I am all about trying to be as normal as possible and doing what's right for you. Of course that doesn't stop me feeling so, so guilty when I moan about how sh*t I feel...

Interesting Mrs I, who initiated the hospital visit? Midwife or fertility clinic??
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:17pm
Also, thanks OhBaby for editing my swear words... 😊
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 3:41pm
I just had my 3rd HCG result come in - and it's still rising as it should. It's doubling approximately every 32 hours which is fantastic. I think I'll wait now and get one more done in a week's time and see how that one's looking.
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 5:04pm
That's awesome Cridic! Great progress x
Sunshine82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunshine82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 5:13pm
Yay Cridic :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 6:39am
Hi girls.
This kid I'm utd with is only a flicker in my eye but I thought I'd be brave and venture into here now that I've had sometime to digest the news (and woke up feeling distinctly blurk). Know most of you from the other thread I think.
Wishing you all a happy pregnancy no matter what we'll all here for each other xx
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 7:09am
Welcome Bc!!! So exciting!!!!!! Can you believe it this morning?! ;)
AFM did my fourth hpt this morning and its way darker than control! Showed up as soon as my urine started to move across the test window :) hoping and praying everything will continue healthily x
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 7:44am
Mac I haven't even poas! Don't have any at home. I kinda want to just so I get to see the lines lol. I actually have to keep telling myself it's real though. And now I'm second guessing everything I do and eat!
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 8:56am
BC, great to see you in here!!!
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 11:37am
Very thankful to be here Cridic.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mrs Impatient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs Impatient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 5:59pm
Cridic - FA intiated the hospital appointment but the midwife also said that I should expect it. Midwife said the appt would be around 24 weeks just to double check growth but my appointment will be when I am 29 weeks. She said it will just be a general check up and maybe a scan to make sure everything is going as it should.

BC - So awesome to see you in here xxx

TTC Mar 2011
4 IUI all BFN
IVF Dec BFP
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 8:53am
Morning ladies, how's everyone doing? BC when do you have your next bloods? Cridic you're getting more this week aren't you? Hope everyone's well...I'm looking forward to my fertilty acupuncture session this arvo, so relaxing (though last week I had to ask for the needles to be out a bit early as I was busting to wee!!)...it always puts me in a positive frame of mind which is good😊
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 9:17am
Hey Mac.
Next bloods are Monday. Hopefully goes well I let slip to a few ppl lol including my parents so.....eek but I know no matter what they'll be supportive. Still only having mild symptoms and aside from glaring absence of AF I'd never know.
Have a great day girls.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>