FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUTD after fertility issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
cridic1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 1:42pm
Mac, my plan was to have another BT on Thursday ... but I'm in two minds.. one part of me doesn't want to do any more tests, just because my levels have been doubling so well and I just want to continue like nothing could go wrong, and the other part of me wants to get another one done on Monday to see that things are still going okay. With my first pregnancy, although I started miscarrying at 7 weeks, my dating scan actually showed the baby stopped growing at approximately 5w3d... so that would be next Wed. That makes me really nervous.   

I'm not really having any symptoms.. except for an on/off mild feeling in my abdomen region.   

Hope everyone else is good and having a lovely weekend.
Me: 39
DH: 40
MMC: 11/13 (7 weeks)
Chem Preg: 04/14
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
EDD: 25/1/15
Sponsored Links

Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 4:36pm
Oh it's tricky Cridic....guess perhaps you could just see how you feel on Mon and then on Thurs too. Sounds like you've had great results with your last tests though :)
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 9:09pm
Can understand your concern Cridic. Sucks to not even just be able to enjoy the fact you're utd. Personally I'm hoping that Monday is the last bloods for me I just want to chill and I'm not even in the same position as you. Sounds like your levels are rising well. Will this be the third bloods for you?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 6:37am
Baby crazy I need to take a leaf from your book and just chill ;) I'm temping and am thinking I should take the advice of dr google and stop now that I've had FOUR glaringly obvious BFP's. this mornings temp dropped a bit (after a huge freak spike 3days ago - if I kept going like that I'd start to boil ;) so of course I'm panicking that this is a sign of mc again :( If I remove the huge spike 3 days ago my chart looks much more reassuring but I'm thinking its probably time to stop temping.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 7:30am
I totally would Mac. Go easy on yourself as it's not hard especially if you've had losses before.
I'm lucky to have never lost a pregnancy but this is my first ever time after 4.5yrs so I am slightly anxious it will all get ripped away. Especially since my symptoms are so mild although in saying that they're definitely there if that makes sense. Right now I'm going to get through the bloods then scan and go from there.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 7:49am
Thanks Bc, I know you're right. A big thing for me is that my mc was a missed miscarriage so I had no bleeding. The only clue was symptoms disappearing over about 1.5weeks. I know what you mean about symptoms - I have some fleeting moments of nausea and my boobs are sore when I touch them...but I want full on swollen sore boobs and nausea!! First GP visit tues morning so guess its step by step...
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 7:54am
Man a missed mc would be awful. I'm not really nauseous just get yucky if I let myself get too hungry and my nipples are tender but not out of this world. Getting backaches at night too.
Good luck for your doctors visit.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 8:16am
BC I've already had 3 BT, so it would be my fourth. My mc was a missed mc also, no cramps, spotting or anything like that.... but I had suspicions due to my levels not rising as much as I would have thought the should. This pregnancy's levels are a lot better, so mane I should just chill and go with it.

Mac I'd definitely stop temping if I were you. I stopped temping when I got my +ve HPT. You'll just go crazy otherwise. How come you've waited for so long to go to your Dr?

I desperately want sore boobs and nausea... at the moment I've just got a heavy feeling in my abdomen and am starting to get slightly tender nipples. I'm 5 weeks today!

BC, I'm curious, in IVF how soon after transfer do you get your BT done? Would you normally be around 12dpo?
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 8:23am
Critic sounds like we are similar in some ways. Missed mc I didn't have any cramps etc either :( I'm not sure why I've waited until 5wks...I guess part of me wondered if it was true and thought maybe AF would show up during the week last week. Another part thought that last time I went to dr around 5weeks (cos I didn't test until AF was missed) and that a lot of people don't find out until this time anyway. Think I'm trying to push the 'milestones' out so once that's done, I'm closer to first scan etc...stupid I know.
I did have some bleeding last pregnancy around 6wks but had a scan at 6w3d and saw a heartbeat beating away. In hindsight maybe this was a sign mc was going to happen...who knows. Getting past that 6w3d and having a healthy scan at 7weeks will be a big milestone for me.
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 8:34am
So with my embryo transfer they test to detect ovulation then 5 days after put the embryo in and 10 days later do the pregnancy test so I was 15dpo when tested.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:08am
Hugs Mac. My first pregnancy didn't make it as far as a heartbeat, I would have found that much harder. I'm hoping this time for a successful first scan. I'm going to take DH with me this time.

BC, all the best for your BT tomorrow!! :-)
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 8:34pm
Hi all, my first blood test was scheduled 12 days post transfer. My first actual blood test was 9 days after cos I had a bad bleed but it turns out it was positive! Was freaked out till 10 days later when our fourth BT was over 2000 and then heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks on the scan.
Am nearly 8weeks 3 days now and absolutely battered by morning sickness, now have some anti nausea medication that means I can function, but my DH was definitely worried that "the raspberry" wasn't doing OK cos I was feeling better! Meeting the midwife on Wednesday and stop pessaries on Thursday. Yay!!! Then we're only three weeks off 12 weeks and people able to tell people. Hubby wants me to wear this for the family gathering that is fortunately planned for that week

http://www.spreadshirt.com/women-s-pregnancy-announcement-t-shirt-bun-in-the-C3376A13718854/vp/13718854T813A317PC112676621PA1667X27Y190#/detail/13718854T813A317PC112676621PA1667X27Y190

Good luck for tomorrow's test, BC!
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 8:42pm
Exciting aunty! Glad things are going well for you but sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope I don't start being actually sick I hate vomiting like will do anything to avoid it. Can't wait to hear how your 'reveal' goes. I've already spilt the beans to my parents lol. And a few others whoops. But only close ppl that I know will shush.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Auntie Awesome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntie Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 8:59pm
yup, my folks know, but not my five brothers and sisters, their partners and their (combined) 14 kids!!! Told a really close friend today - she cried. I was so surprised and touched.
TTC 2 years
Me 32, him 38. severe MFI.
IVF + ICSI cycle #1 April 2014. BFP with 1 x frostie. Beautiful baby boy born Jan 2015

TTC #2 FET May 2016. BFN

IVF #2 July 2016, 14 eggs, 1 embryo, BFP!
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 9:06pm
Lol I've had a few tears from ppl. My dad even said he had a tear for me. Planning to tell my brother this week then if I can help it no one else till safe zone is reached.
That's a lot of family you have there. Can understand your holding off! But I bet they'll all be stoked once they know. And with that many kids you'll surely score some good handme downs (if that's your thing of course).
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 10:17pm
AA that's a big extended family you've got!! Stoked to hear its all going well for you :) BC best of luck for your bloods tomorrow! How long will your results take? Same day? Ill be checking in :) So lovely to share in the excitement with a few of your nearest and dearest :)
AFM, went to the toilet tonight and notice two tiny pin prick drops of blood on the paper. Literally a pin prick and wouldn't have noticed it normally except that I'm scrutinizing every time I go to the toilet! I also had the same thing about 9ish dpo. Am so scared, have been back to the toilet three or so times and now nothing, and nothing internal when I check. I'm not even 100% it came from inside but am so scared. Have had the standard niggly cramps since about 5dpo coming and going at times...hope it's nothing to be concerned about :(
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 6:37am
Mac hope that was the end of the spotting hun!

Will get results tomorrow as I'm doing them at my local clinic rather than the place that does same day. Couldn't be bothered driving 1.5hrs one way and it messes with work. This way I get to pop in during my morning tea break.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
Mac19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 6:49am
Hey Bc, yep nothing else...I'm a bit confused as to wether it would even be classed as spotting?! I always imagined spotting would be more than that...but so blimmin confusing and worrying!
That's great you can just duck in for your bloods - so exciting :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:43am
Mac, scary. I'm pretty sure spotting can take various forms ..from a very tiny amount, to much more. I know you can also spot fresh red blood and still nothing be wrong. Perhaps mention it when you see your Dr tomorrow?

AFM, decided not to do a BT this morning .. although it took all my strength not to walk into LabTests. lol. Picked up my repeat pessaries instead. Nothing really to report. :-)
3rd BFP - 15/5/14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cridic1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 11:47am
Oh yeah .. and Auntie that's a great t-shirt.

Not sure how we'll tell our families. I'm actually going to be visiting my parents in Napier the weekend I'll be 12 weeks .. but we probably won't have had all the results from our nuchal scan by then.. so thinking I may hold off telling them until I'm 14 weeks and that will be my mum's birthday. :-) Will be hard spending the whole weekend with them though and not saying anything.

Regarding DH's mum, I think we'll buy a little onsie with Grandma on it and give it to her.
3rd BFP - 15/5/14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>