FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLeaving work early and financial assistance.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cath165430 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cath165430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaving work early and financial assistance.
    Posted: 25 November 2014 at 2:51pm
I'm after a bit of advice about extra financial assistance on top of the paid parental leave. I will have to leave work fairly early in my pregnancy as I'm a plumber, and I imagine crawling around stomach first, working at the top of ladders, and heavy lifting aren't ideal for the child! We aren't too poor currently, but I don't see how we would be able to live off just one income for such a long period. It is unlikely that I could do light duties as I work for a small business and there really wouldn't be enough "light" work available to justify me being there. Any up to date information or links would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

JK87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2014 at 9:48pm
Hi, go and see Work and Income and see if you may qualify for any supplementary assistance now or in the future, like Temporary Additional Support or Accommodation Supplement. These are types of benefits that can 'top up' your income if you have a deficit. The website isn't very good at assessing eligibility to best to make an appointment with someone to discuss. You may also qualify for Working for Families tax credits- http://www.workingforfamilies.govt.nz/
 Post Reply Post Reply