FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy 3 month old hates the stroller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elesha147294 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elesha147294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 3 month old hates the stroller
    Posted: 11 December 2014 at 12:11pm
For the last two weeks every time I go out with the stroller my 3 month old son screams his head off. It's becoming quite embarrassing, I'm sure everyone is thinking I'm a bad mother. Now I'm too scared to go out with him. Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas on how to help? He was fine before and used to go to sleep.
Sponsored Links

tmyster2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmyster2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 2:17pm
yep when my boy was young he hated the stroller too, to the point i didn't even end up using it until he was older and too heavy to carry (i used carriers (manduca)/wraps instead until he could walk). it's perhaps a bit of separation anxiety thing, they can't see you/feel you while in the stroller so freak out, 3 months is probably when a baby starts becoming a little more aware (and vocal!) about not being happy if they are not next to you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elesha147294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 2:34pm
Thanks, glad I'm not the only one. I have a carrier but haven't really used it, will give that a go.
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 2:53pm
My now 8 months old baby was the same. Got a front pack and use it instead. I used the buggy today for the first time in months and he was ok. Dont feel bad or worry about what other people think/say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elesha147294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 3:11pm
Oh my I'm not sure I would be able to physically carry him for that long. Did you struggle carrying him till 8 months? I try not to worry what other people think but they do stare sometimes and it gets to me. Think I should start going to the gym, lol.
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 3:31pm
He is close to 10 kg and I still carry him in my front pack, and am 50kg lol. I got a lillebaby carrier, very comfy and can hardly feel his weight.
SouthKiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthKiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 3:33pm
Oh, and the buggy looks brand new as its hardly been used lol. Find the carrier easier and he loves it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elesha147294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 3:35pm
Okay that's reassuring. I can do this!
LeighJohnson171652 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeighJohnson171652 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 5:50am
Maybe your son wouldn't be so unhappy in the pram if he faced you. There are some nice prams at http://www.prams.net/. I have a pram like this and my child is always happy in his pram. This is probably the case because he feels closer to me due to seeing me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elesha147294 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 7:34am
It took me a while but I finally have got him used to my stroller. I would even go as far as saying he loves it now. He must of just been going through a fussy phase. Thanks for replying though.
 Post Reply Post Reply