FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFirst Appoinment at Fertilty Clinic next month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 7:03pm
Virtually nil if you pay yourself. Just depends on whether you've done all the testing needed to start.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks
Sponsored Links

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 7:25pm
Yup, once you've done all the testing/been given the nod that IVF is a good fit, then you can generally start as soon as your next cycle if you go privately. The local district health boards only fund x number of IVF cycles per month, which is why there is a long waiting list, not that the clinics aren't able to fit it in :)

When I phoned up to make sure things were on track in Auckland for me she mentioned that the available slots were allocated up until Dec 2016 already, so I think public waits are only getting longer... When you are allocated a month it is definite though, only way it comes forward is if there are cancellations by other people further up the list.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP
Kiwigirl75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 1:49pm
Thanks for all the info, have had ultrasound and they found no issues. The tube scan with the dye next week and a day ten blood test then too.

I don't think they will find anything so that means we have to look at doing it privately! Weird hubby is quite relaxed now, at least something is getting done. I feel like that too but also a little nervous given its me that gets the most prodding and poking!!

Just looking on the website at the payment options etc, they offer a fertility cover just trying to work out what the best options are so if we have to go down that track we are all ready to go.
Kiwilifestyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwilifestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 3:17pm
Got letter from fertility clinic this morning saying we don't meet criteria for public funding.
So guess we stick to doing the tests doctor asked us to do, which for me is a scan to see if tubes are block and uterine configuration and DH a DNA fragmentation and sperm test. Plus DH has been referred to get a varicocelectomy. Then we will have to see what we find out from those test to what our next steps will be.

kiwigirl
SusanCollins171748 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanCollins171748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 12:06am
Oh . Good luck with every thing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 6:51pm
Oh kiwilifestyle, sorry to hear you didn't get funding. There is still some hope that the doctors find something so they can reapply and you qualify.

I know that when dH and I got our letter saying we didnt get funding we were shell shocked. Really didnt expect a no, now we are like you just doing one step at a time and seeing what happens.

Good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwilifestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 7:00pm
Thanks kiwigirl. Yeah we where really surprised when we opened up letter as I thought we would get answer after the tests they asked us to do. At the moment I'm just trying not to focus too much on getting pregnant and focus more on daily fitness, healthy eating and alternative healings like acupuncture.
kiwigirl
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 7:39pm
*hugs* Kiwilifestyle. I'm guessing you also might qualify for funding when you hit the 3 year mark due to having pcos?

I get you on the healthy focus - it's what I'm spending my pre-IVF time doing. Good to do for yourself, and good in case you do end up preggers too.
Me: 35, PCOS, endo, DH: 34, severe MFI
6+ yrs TTC#2
M/C 2012, clomid 2013, IVM 2014, IVF 2015, M/C 2015
2016 FET#1- BFP - MMC - Emergency D&C
FET#2 - BFN
Jul 16 - stage 3 endo removed.
Oct 16 BFP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwilifestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 8:37pm
Thanks Mushroom. I'm hoping that with this lifestyle change we can get a BFP again soon and also keep it.

kiwigirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2015 at 5:15pm
Right had scan of the tubes on thursday. All good, everything working. Was a little painful but all good. Then on sat night had the worst backpain and pain across my belly. Has since gone away with only a couple stabbing pains since then. Did anyone else have anything similar?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwilifestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2015 at 5:35pm
That's good news Kiwigirl75, was it painful when they actually realised dye or before that? I will be having the same scan end of the month, not looking forward to it. Be interested to hear side effects others have had.
kiwigirl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwigirl75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 5:33pm
Sorry for the late reply. It was painful/uncomfortable when the put it in and when he released the dye. It isn't unbearable but its not pleasant.

Hope yours went well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12