FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPregnant & Paranoid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 45>
Author
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 5:05pm
Aww Anthea so scary. But sounds like if they cant see anything on the scan then its not a huge problem. Not long now until you 20 week scan.
Wow Kellz not long for you to wait. Glad you have things more sorted now for you and your family!
AFM. Nearly two weeks since cvs and baby still growing etc so nearly out of the woods with increased risk of mc. Next focus 20 week scan. Then if all ok can start to get my head around having a baby in spring
Sponsored Links

kellsz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 6:18am
Hoping things have settled a bit for you Anthea, men can be so stubborn at times eh. They forget we are ones who physically go through everything.

So glad things going well Geon. Being a MW must be good and bad sometimes.

Can up my drugs this week but no more until bubs is here because of changes to my body. Still at half the maximum dose so hopefully being at that rate shes less likely to be addicted to meds
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 1:32pm
Thats really encouraging Kellz. Is def a positive for baby.
Have two sick kids here so looking forward to some wellness heading our way.
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 3:53pm
Have any of you had experience with maternal mental health? Last Tuesday I went up to the hospital as I knew I was not well. They assessment me and then sent me away to wait for my medicine review on 19th May. I text my midwife and didn't get a reply. By Sunday I was beside myself and got my hubby to ring my midwife. She organised for me to be seen at the hospital and I spent Mother's Day evening in hospital overnight getting a medication review. Not how I thought I'd be during pg. I knew it wouldn't be easy but man dealing with failing mental health,work and being pregnant has been so hard. So now I've changed meds and am off work for 2 weeks to let them kick in and I see the Dr. as I was meant to on the 19th for a review. Is there a private group for this topic? I'd really like to talk to some of you who have been through this before.
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 3:54pm
Also very sorry for anyone going through difficulty in this thread.Take care.
kellsz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:14pm
Ytsrik35 currently under Maternal metal health. Where abouts are you based? Glad they sorting you quickly
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 8:39am
Also read the mothers matter wesite a very good resource. Gps can refer directly for mental health care in pregnancy however midwives cannot refer ( seems crazy to me) . Also if you need urgent carego to A&E so you get seen. Dont wait for appiontments etc. Your health is important and medicines in preg are not as effective so take a while to adjust. Hope this helps x
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 9:07am
Based in Dunedin kellz
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 9:08am
Thanks ladies
antheawren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 10:29am
I think that's crazy too Geo

Miscarriage 5 1/2 weeks Nov 14
Miscarriage 6 weeks September 15
kellsz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 3:13pm
Ahh Geon could explain why I waited so long to be seen as reffered by MW
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:02pm
My midwife must have a lot of power in Dunedin because she referred me to mmh and the emergency department at the hospital. She is a nurse and has over 20 years experience. Silly DR's can only refer given most people go to midwives in nz. I've come off 40mg paroxetine and onto 20mg citalopram and 25mg quetiapine at night of I need it. I'm waking up in a sweat having long random dreams and feeling tired. Anyone relate?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 4:54pm
I was on citalopram my last pregnancy I found it really helped me with my anxiety! Were you on meds before you fell pregnant ?

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:14pm
Yup I've been on meds for 19 years.
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:16pm
This is a big reason why I am pregnant at 36. Tried everything to come off them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antheawren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 5:54pm
were you told that it is OK to be on some meds while pregnant ? SO you don't need torture yourself and be off them xxx I hope you start coming right now xxx

ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 11:32am
I knew some meds were ok. The one I was on was just not right for me at the moment. Thanks for your kind words Anthea.
kellsz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 12:04pm
I am on Sertraline for me the risks outway my mental health I wasnt coping without them. Not to mention the inabiliyy to function once bubs comes.

Do whatever you need to do so you get through
ytsrik35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ytsrik35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 2:51pm
Thanks for sharing kellsz. Good to talk to others about this topic so many people are happy to avoid. For me this topic is my reality even though it doesn't define me.
kellsz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellsz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 3:44pm
Its an illness some people have asthma etc no difference
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 45>