New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How long would I expect to wait for D&C referral?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow long would I expect to wait for D&C referral?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sineadsthoughts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sineadsthoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long would I expect to wait for D&C referral?
    Posted: 08 August 2017 at 9:41am
Hi ladies

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences on getting a D&C in New Zealand. I feel like my miscarriage is the most drawn out process I've ever experienced and I just really want it to be over.

I should have been 9 weeks at my last scan (Friday) and was only measuring 5w4d. Based on previous scans and bloodwork I was fully prepared for this. My doctor indicated that the hospital would call me on Monday to arrange D&C. She also requested I go for a final blood test however when I picked up the form it was for serial tests for 3 days.

From your experience will the hospital only contact you once they have received 3 lots of bloods? Seems like a really unnecessary way to drag on an already painful time.

And from the blood tests how long was it until your appointment?
Essentially my embryo has been non-viable inside me for now almost 5 weeks - how long can this keep on going???
Sponsored Links

sineadsthoughts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sineadsthoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 12:51pm
Nobody ever answers me on here :/
Lulu2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 1:20pm
I had a missed miscarriage where i spent 5 weeks going through tests and repeat scans before finally having a D&C. It is terrible for the mental health, but there is a process they follow to ensure that they are not removing a viable baby, sadly this sometimes means lots of waiting.

Perhaps try calling the early pregnancy clinic in the hospital and ask what the process will be. Just knowing can sometimes help.

I have a beautiful son (3yo) amd ttc since September 2014. MMC September 2016.
 Post Reply Post Reply