FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo frustrating!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 3:50pm
I did aa quick search on vitE and from what I could see too much of it is not good for pregnancy?  But then I guess that is the case for a lot of things.
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 6:21pm
Yep, Also my midwife told me not to take pregnacare until after i was 3 months. Folic acid should be all you need.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 9:40pm
Well Pregnacare is supposed to be for preconception care as well but I might just re-think the vitamin E thing!

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:03am
Maybe you want to check with your G.P.   Pregnacare has 200% of your reccommended daily folic acid intake (which is fine when you are TTC). But if you are also taking folic acid tablets as well you may be overdoing it.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 8:21am
Man reading that i kinda sound bossy, im not really its your choice. I have just heard of so many people taking mulit vits etc thinking that they are doing their body good and really they were doing themselves more harm. A good example is a friends father (this is at the extreme end) had to go for a yearly medical for his job and they found that his liver (i think) was like that of someone that was a severe drinker (hes a tea totaler). Found out he was getting enough vitamin A (i think) through his diet but with the extra from his multi vit it was doing heaps of damage. Got his wife checked and she was the same.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 9:20am
No you're not bossy at all!!!

I really appreciate the advice!! I will check with my GP.

I think the problem is that I've had some people tell me I need to supplement the Pregnacare with the Folic acid because there's not enough.

I'll give the doc a call and post and let you all know.

But don't worry at all about being too bossy! I love you guys for your concern!

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:57am
Whew!   

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:40am
Hehehehe.....

Hey I rung the doctors office and spoke to a nurse and to be honest...she was kind of vauge!! Jesh....this is why I want a new GP!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 12:48pm
My GP told me just to take the Pregnacare while ttc, because apparantly high intakes of Folic Acid for an extended period have been linked with breast cancer. Not proven yet, but there is some evidence. But the Pregnacare does contain enough folic acid, so I just stopped my usual multivit and started the Pregnacare one.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:07pm
I went down and spoke to the Pharmacist and she said you can take up to 800mcg I think it is...so taking both I'm fine...all the same....I'm going to just stick with the Pregnacare just to be on the safe side.

Thanks everyone!

leigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:01am
hi there, definatly no how you feel been trying for number two for the last 2month. So frustrating when no1 was a superise with no thought at all. I two have days were i feel different and imagine things, but iv come to the conclusion dont think, talk and let it rule your life coz when you do it dont happen.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 10:44am
Well we're using ovulation detection kits now...got them cheap of trade me.

Oddly enough I'm feeling so much more relaxed now becuase I know my body is doing everything it should plus we know exactly at what time of the month everything counts....this may be weird but there is something more relaxing....weird I know.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 11:18am
All I can say is good luck! I found it really easy to get into a habit of testing too often when we were trying, it gets kind of addictive .
I am pregnant now for the second time (had a m/c last year, but this one has gone perfectly so far thank goodness) and both times I got pregnant we had just decided to give up trying! Maybe there is some truth in the stressed out thing? Anyway, all the best, keep trying - at least it is fun

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 10:33am
Hehehehe I know what you mean....I've broken the habit of testing on the first day I'm due to see if I'm pregnant (or in some cases the day before!!!!).

gytsrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gytsrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 3:41pm
I used a great website for getting pregnant (well, and my husband too ) called Fertility Friend
Mummybrain - For parents!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2005 at 11:05pm
What a cutie Kirsty!!
gytsrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gytsrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:15am
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

What a cutie Kirsty!!
Thank you! It's so lovely to hear that when you are so proud of your little one!
Mummybrain - For parents!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 3:19pm
I've had quite a few people recommend that site to me...at the moment I'm using ovulation kits...have found them very easy to use and a good supplier with reasonable prices! Will find out soon enough just how well they have worked!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 3:38pm
Hi Paws!
I was just wondering how it was going!? Hope you are still hanging in there or maybe something has already happened? We got a call from friends of ours the other night that have been TTC for 2 years now and having just given up, found out that they were pregnant! Yay! Keep on trying!!

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:11pm
Well we didn't really "try" this month...we had a weekend away with a group from our church right around the time when I should be ovulating...so with the deed performed only on the Friday night and us either being exhuasted or sharing a house full of friends from church and a really bangy head board...it was not conducive to baby making this month...

Still you never know...only takes once right? *lol* I'm not expecting anything.

Back on track next month!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>