FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked***Due in February 2008***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 180>
Author
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 8:56am
two things i also found interesting were that you arent supposed to wash your breasts with soap during pregnancy or breastfeeding.. and that everyone except one person in my class is going to st georges..they are dreaming if they think they will all get in..the lady taking the class seemed surprised i wasnt going there..lol..

i just went to walk thru the bathroom door and the mat got stuck and i banged into the door..mostly just one breast but a little bit of my bump.. hopefully everything ok.. i know they are well protected in there but i cant help worrying!!

lucky-whats a polycose? the GD test you mean? they should have come through ages ago!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Sponsored Links

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:01am
That sucks about test results Lucky, fingers crossed you won't have to re-do them. Also I wouldn't worry about radiology being open I think those sort of departments only close down for the stat hols (or 1 or 2 days etc).

Dunno if twitchy thing is hiccups it kinda feels like when you have a twitch in your eye or something, not worried (been getting them for ages) just kinda funny.

Kiwi - tht is a blimmin good saving on the Quinny. Technically you can't use them from newborn, but saying that the seats do tip quite a ways back so I'd say use it when you feel comfortable doing so.

Yay for rain it's cooled things off nicely here today!!
lucky3rdtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:03am
yeah Kawww the GD test, its the same thing, my mw called it the polycose test, I think the stuff you drink is polycose.

I know, I had it ages ago and felt really good cos I thought since I had heard nothing I was fine, but now I'm back to feeling all stressed about it again, I actually feel like crying about it, which I know is pathetic, but I am so angry and stressed now.

I hope you are ok after your bump into the bathroom door, if you are worried definitely check with your mw though, but I guess if you still get heaps of movements and stuff bubs should be okay.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:05am
Yeah yay for the rain, it was so much cooler last night when it changed, by the end of yesterday my feet and cankles looked terrible.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:06am
tiff yeah thats what i get when he gets the hiccups:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:17am
Kawwww - there you go, I never thought about it being the hiccups!!

I've just been reading about the whole not to wash your breasts with soap, washes away the natural oils or something.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:19am
yeah i always have done..makes sense i guess..esp as im leaking already the holes are open so the soap gets in and dries everything out....I'd never thought about it..

hopefully bubs is ok after the bang..he's still kicking..though not so much but he's probably resting after the massive kickfest this morning.. so i shouldnt worry unless the movement stops? mostly i just hit my breast ..just dont want to ring the midwife if there isnt anything she can do.. ?
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:19am
holy moly I'm on the second to last pic on my ticker!
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:24am
Well based on what happened to Janey with the soccerball hitting her stomach, her mw said to call her if there was a change in the amount of movements I think.

thanks Tiff for the info re the radiology places, I was just in such a black mood when I wrote my first post today everything seemed "doomed"

don't feel quite as bad now, I have managed to tell you guys what happened, but I am still anxiously awaiting my results
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:28am
calm down lucky:) if they havent got them back to you its probably ok:) !
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:29am
tiff are you going to Vanessa's next week?(chch thread)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:40am
just remembered An lady did say 'you would be amazed how much you can do naturally' that was her only comment in terms of pain relief..but she is 65 and has had four kids...mostly with gas i think:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:44am
wow... sallybelly(always had a soft spot for her as she had m/c at same time) and topsy both had healthy but little babies(5 pd 7 for both ..topsy a girl and sally a boy) and bellab from jan just had a baby five weeks early as well! far out...not long till our turn!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
bookwyrm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookwyrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 9:57am
How are you going Feb Mummies? I feel sorry for you girls, the heat is just going to get worse (I was a Feb 1st baby). I hope my bubs arrives on time, I feel broken.

And yes, Sally and Topsy had there babies, getting closer to Jan babies, then Feb!!!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:34am
you feel broken? what do you mean? yeah everyone points out about the heat:) 30 degrees here the other day.. not long to go for you!
Mum to two amazing boys!
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:35am

Morning!!!

Wow December  babies and a Jan one already!!!  How exciting!!  Ladyluck not long to go for you now!!!

Lucky hopefully all is ok, such a pain with your test results not being back! I would imagine everything goes a bit crazy this time of year but still no excuse. 

Kawwww isnt it funny how fast the tickers seem to be moving along!!  Im sure Ethan is nice and snug in there, but do ring your MW if you are worried.

Tiff, sounds like your wee one has been getting the hiccups!!

Cant remember what else I was going to say now!!  Hope you are all having a good one so far, its stinking hot here already.  They have finally filled the school pool so Z was looking forward to swimming at school today.

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:43am
kiwi i thought about it but not much point..she will just tell me to relax and let her know of a change in movements and hes banging and crashing away so i think it'll be ok..i hear babies are pretty tough in there...a lot better a little bump than poor Janey getting hit in tummy!!!:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:48am
Under things that don't cause miscarriage/stillbirth:

Getting kicked or hit in the stomach. Remember the baby is well protected, and only you will hurt. This is often done during the night by a sleepless child you have pulled into bed with you, but if it is by a partner or other adult, get help. You don't need to bring a child into a world where abuse is present.

So I'm trying to chill out.. worrying sucks:) !
Mum to two amazing boys!
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:49am

Just looking at my xmas piccies from last year, I cant believe how much my boys have grown!!  Ill have to take a new one tonight to compare.

Leo last christmas at 8 months

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 10:49am
so cute:)
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 180>