FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked***Due in February 2008***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 180>
Author
lucky3rdtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 1:06pm
We are buying a baby jogger brand stroller.
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 1:22pm
far out you guys go days without typing and now a whole page..one thing i dont like about oh baby is you cant reply on the same page:( kit is the consultant that like tania lucky..our classes are 630-830 at CWS.. the info on here said dec 8th was the day to find out theres also a thread with three endings..i didnt watch but apparently they looked like pretend ones..

i have reflux..mostly in middle of night..weirdly..i have taken gaviscon three times..some people seem to think its bad..i have tablets titra something but havent taken any .. and yes my bub gets hiccups too:)

as for pethadine i didnt realise mw's could chose what pain relief you can have..i know pethadine has a bad name and at An they said they cant give it past a certain cm due to it affecting baby ( i dont want it anyway) but i guess as long as mw made it clear she doesnt do it in the beginning its all good.. mine hasnt said anything about pain relief.. i heard somewhere(dont remember where) that oo much papaya is bad..but i eat it and seem to be fine?

went to dentist..had to get mercury filling which she said is safe but they normally try to avoid till after delivery and i had a hairline fracture which was about to break so they fixed it all..took an hour and cost me 70:( hopefully thats it and Ethan is ok.. (feeling sorry for myself)

as far as Outrageous Fortune..i used to not be able to stay awake through it but now i can..lol.. I'm off to have my yogurt for lunch:(

I dont have a video!! Our pram Urban Escape with travel system.. just read janey's post..yeah thats the stuff i have in tablets but have been avoiding taking it..might just take it soon though..! yah my friend had her baby...a healthy girl...:) awesome..
Mum to two amazing boys!
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 3:22pm
LOL Kawwww I jut saw the impatiently waiting bit on your ticker!! DH last night was rubbing my belly and telly bubs to 'hurry up' I asked him if he really wanted it to come early and he was like no maybe feb should just hurry up and come.

I don't think it's a matter of your mw choosing what pain releif you use just what they will actively support/recommend if you get my drift.

I've got a Mountain Buggy Urban Elite - 'cos I've worked with buggies etc for so long I howed DH which ones I liked and he basically made the final decision, and I wanted him to be involved (so did he), but he's found it quite handy 'cos we've been able to shortcut a lot of info unlike some parents to be who I'd get instore and it was just all overwhelming!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 3:29pm
Yeah it can be overwhelming alright, I remember the first time we walked into the baby factory, we just kind of walked around in a daze and then left without asking anyone anything, it was just too much all at once, like a whole new world had opened up.

We chose the baby jogger cos of the way it folds and how small it is when folded, the boot of our car is pretty pathetic so whatever we were going to choose it had to fold pretty small, plus you can buy a car seat attachment and also they are bringing out a toddler seat, I found out yesterday.
Danash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 3:44pm

Hi Everyone...  Gosh I've been hectic, my inlaws for the weekend and my boss coming over for his 60th from Australia with 8 friends.  He had me running around all over the place for him.  Wanted his birthday night to be special...  He proposed to his girlfriend.  Which made up for all my running around - tears and all.

We've bought  the Urban mountain buggy.  seems compact enough.

Saw MW today all good, now don't see her again until 9th Jan...  which seems ages away but everything is hunky dorey so she's happy.  Even told me to enjoy a glass of wine with Xmas dinner - told her I've gone long enough without alcohol whats another 9 months or so....

My cousin had a baby girl yesterday 81/2 pounds 5 hour labour....  Named her Marlo  - interesting choice of names.  Her name is Sanchia and her sis is Amynta with names like that you'd think they'd go for something less unusual.

My bub gets the hiccups, not a lot but always when I am trying to sleep.  I can sleep with the spasmodic kicks but the hiccups are like chinese water torture :)

Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 3:46pm
Yeah the Baby Jogger was one of my top favs, but DH preferred the look of the M/Buggy. LOL very familiar with that dazed look it was a very common sight, it is certainly a whole new world out there!!! I always thought I would be missing out doing all the learning and researching stuff on products when it came to us having a baby (I love all that planning stuff - weird i know!) as I would already know just wanted I wanted, but that's where putting it a bit more in DH's hands has been quite good. Plus I've loved researching MCN, even if it's been super confusing!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 3:57pm
tiff but by doing that they are saying you cant have certain medications ..so in a way they do pick it for you? though most people seem against pethadine anyway.. yeah i want feb to hurry up too..I'm a little over being pregnant..feeling a little ripped off cause the first time supposed to be great:)! but that could be cause of my bad mood today..

tiff yes that must be a good advantage when it comes to buying baby stuff! what a bizarre thing to say bout the wine:(!!

wow unusual names.. you'd think they would realise what its like having an unusual name..i guess they like having a name that's different?

why has it been confusing Tiff?
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:17pm
I haven't felt bubs have hiccups yet, does it feel more jumpy than the usual kicks and pushes etc?

I managed to fall into our compost heap yesterday, went to take out scraps after tea and I just lost my balance and ended up on my hands and knees on the ground surrounded by bits of lettuce and tomato cores, gross. Worse thing was I must have put my hand on a sharp stick and I cut my finger, its not too bad but quite stingy.
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:18pm
Man you guys have been chatty!

I missed shorters last night as Matt has just taught himself how to climb out of his cot & wouldn't settle. I had to keep putting him back to bed & then I ended up sitting in there with him for over an hour & a half while he went to sleep. Hope he breaks that habit soon!!! I was so knackered when he finally went to sleep that I taped Outrageous Fortune because I couldn't stay awake.

Kawwww - My best friend had her baby on Monday & named him Ethan! I really like the name.

I still think the killer on shortland street could be Gavin. Although maybe it's Joey & he's going to get Tanya next because she rejected him for Kip?

We've got a Steelcraft Terrain pram which I really like because it's not too wide, but now I'm going to have 2 little ones I'm looking at a Phil n Teds because the steelcraft can't take a toddler seat. I think I'll try the pram & a sling combo to start off with though & see how I go...

This bubba hasn't had hiccups at all yet - well not that I've noticed. I know when I was pregnant with Matt he had them all the time. It's a weird feeling ay?

Great that your tooth is all fixed Kawwww. Hopefully this time will be the last time
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:18pm

Tiff Leo has been in cloth for about 10 months now, I'm by no means an expert but if you did want any info!  Aimee is also a cloth mum although not at the moment I dont think with Hannah toilet training Did you work at the baby factory?  Im sure I remember reading that somewhere?  Are you familiar with the Quinny Buzz?  Was looking at getting one while they are so cheap, I love the reversible prams, the one I have this time is a Valco rebel with toddler seat which is great but soooo big and heavy.  I guess they have to be though to support the extra seat?

Kawwwww my MW basically said she didnt like using it, her reasoning was that if bubs gets it too close to birth they tend to be sleepy, slow to feed etc.  Not sure what would happen if I asked for it?  My reflux is mainly in the middle of the night too!! What is with that, so weird!!  Bugger about the dentist again, hopefully that is the last time for awhile!!

Verena, nice to hear from you!! Sounds like you are doing well

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:22pm
lucky for me it feels like a constant bang bang bang in the same place over a few minutes.. ouch about your finger but at least it was a soft fall!

nic there's a thread about it (SS that is ) and who is the killer..lol:) Awesome about Ethan..we still love it..he will be Ethan Daniel still:) my friend had hers yesterday called it Pippa..very cute:) i think gavin too but noone else does on the other thread:) ! nic yeah i hope so about the tooth...not holding out too much hope though..:)

kiwi...i respect their opinions on what to use but if someone really wanted it it would get quite awkward..yeah they mentioned at AN that i think its 7cm they have to stop or else bubs has reactions there's a shot they give them but noone has had to have it in forever or something.. most people looked like they were going to use gas or epi anyway..

Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:30pm
yeah that whole thing about the medical interventions at an was quite interesting, I thought personally that I would rather opt for an epi than pethidine if it came down to that as epi seems to have no effect on baby and I won't feel anything and they last for about the same time frame anyway.

Last night I put my hand on my stomach and could feel kind of gurgly feelings but it wasn't me it was definitely the baby, lots of kicking and pushing too, but I hadn't felt the gurgly feeling before, anyone else had that?
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:48pm

yep I'm looking forward to shorty tonight!!!

Yep Kawwww I could imagine it being awkward!!  My husband had a few run ins with my MW first time around while I was in labour, not to do with pain relief but he couldnt understand why she was letting it drag on so long and wasnt coping watching me in so much pain.  Basically she told him she was monitoring bubs (regularly checking heartbeat and had me attached to monitor) and he was fine so was happy to just leave me which DH was NOT impressed with!! I was off in lala land so didnt care either way!!  Do you think they discussed pain relief fairly at AN?  Or was it more promoting natural birth no drugs?

Lucky not sure about the gurgly feeling?  Maybe bubs tummy was rumbling lol!!

Completely TMI but I just changed the 4th pooey nappy for today!!!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:55pm
yeah I was wondering if it might be tummy rumbling or something, was just strange, but still normal movements as well so not worried, I might mention it to mw tonight.

I felt like in our AN pain relief was discussed fairly. Even the leaders talked about the pain relief they had during labour, well they all seemed to have used the gas at some stage, but not the other two, but they didn't discourage us from opting for pain relief.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 5:01pm
ha ha - better get used to the pooey nappies again Char! Yep I have been a cloth mummy for over 2 years now. Han has been in them since birth, and now we just have night nappies, so I feel like a bit of an expert!!

I get reflux too if I have eaten chocolate or orange juice. Esp not long before bed. Its worse in the night when you are lying down because your stomach acid can get back up easier. Silly relaxin hormones, relaxing everything including the valve at the top of your stomach Apparetnly milk helps (I think its the consisitency like Mylanta etc) and sleeping with pillows propping you up a bit (like babies with reflux I guess).

We have a BabyLove 3 wheel pram which I used with Hannah and loved, but not sure what we'll do this time. Hannah doesnt really go in it anymore (if Ido put her in anything its just the umbrella stroller up town), but I will probably use the pram for Hannah and sling for bubs.

I had pethidine with Hannah - once when I was in early labour and needed to sleep after being up all night, and then a half dose quite a bit later cos I was getting a bit out of control. Didnt help much then tho.

Man its been hot and muggy today Have just finished wrapping up all our Xmas pressies and put themunder the tree. Written out Xmas cards ready to send as well. All I hav eto do is wrap up Han's santa sack pressies and I am waiting on a photobook to arrive, and I'm done! Am too hot and tired to cook tea - not even that hungry, but gotta feed the family! Hopefully when it cools down tonight I can get some work done int he vege garden.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 5:26pm
Kawww, I'm confused what did you mean about wine??? The nappy thing has been confusing as there is so many styles and brands to choose from and EVERYONE has their opions on it!!! There is a really good shop here in Chch that has helped heaps and that is Bumbles in Addington.

Yup, Kiwi I worked at The Baby Factory for 5 years as a manager, and yes I am familiar with the Quinny Buzz (how much do they have it down to?) I really liked it but it's not so suitable for rougher terrain etc with the smaller wheels but fine for around the block and the park etc. Would you get the carrycot as well? 4th pooey nappy!! What have you been feeding him????

I agree Lucky I thought AN covered the pain releif quite fairly. Though I think DH is going to struggle big time seeing me in pain.

Dunno about rumbly feeling but Bubs can get quite twitchy at times which feels weird.
aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 7:22pm
The Quinny Buzz is $299, down from $999 You cant use them for a newborn either can you? I guess thats why you'd need a carrycot.

If I feel like it I might have a glass of wine (maybe half) on Xmas day. Half a glass a wine here and there is supposed fine, esp once you are in the third trimester.
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 7:39am
lucky i get gurgly too...An was interesting..she said the reason they arent allowed to talk about bottle feeding is the world health organisation forbids them from doing it but she can talk individually to us about it.. interesting..the breastfeeding part was really interesting but then the other lady took over and talk till almost 9pm :( about cot death but shes not there for the final one next week so hopefully it'll finish on time!:) she doesnt believe in wrapping etc...which from a teachers perspective(we normally do whatever the parents want) is an interesting thing..

kiwi:( about the pooey nappies.. it was even worse at preschool..someone elses poos! yes they discussed it fairly at An...she didnt really say about not having any pain relief just gave us the stats about each thing and who takes it and why and when.. well done about the xmas stuff aimee:) ! tiff verena's mw said have a good xmas and enjoy a glass of wine:(!!!

is the twitchy thing hiccups tiff? as far as alcohol for me no way have read far too much about effects on baby and have seen a lot of kids affected by it so will be waiting..   
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 7:39am
janey i had my first titralac tablet last night...it was sooooooo much better for my reflux!!:)
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 8:52am
had a mw apptmt last night and asked her about the gurgling which she didn't really say much, but didn't say it was freaky either. BP still okay 130/82 but she says she will have to watch me later on as my first reading when I was about 13 wks I think was 140/88.

I am really annoyed though cos I asked her about my 28wk blood results and everything is fine, BUT she hasn't got the results from my polycose test. She is going to chase it up today and text me. I am very stressed about it now, cos after two weeks I thought it was all fine cos she hadn't rung me, but now I don't even know if its fine or not and if they have lost my results I will be really f'd off if I have to have that test again and to top it off I forgot to bring in the form for our 32 wk scan so will have to organise that tomorrow, its going to be a hassle cos we really need to have it around christmas and new year and god knows if any of the radiology places will be open then.

Anyway sorry about the rant but I am so p*ssed off about the polycose thing and DH has bore the brunt of my bad mood, I have been so grumpy to him since then, I just won't be able to relax until I find out the results.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 180>