FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked***Due in February 2008***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 180>
Author
lucky3rdtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 12:03pm
All the best Kawww, hope its all alright.

That's good your bloods and everything was good Tiff. We haven't done a birthplan with mw yet, and I don't get to see her again until 3rd Jan cos of christmas being in the way, we won't be here anyway over christmas.

I booked in for the 32 wk scan on 31st Dec, for growth since bubs only has a two vessel cord, you're right Tiff they are only closed on the stat holidays and of course in the weekends. I think I will ask at the scan what position bubs is in as mw hasn't said. when she had a feel around she did say where she thought my uterus came up and out to and thought that bubs was growing fine considering that, so hopefully its in an anterior position.
Sponsored Links

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 12:37pm

hope all is ok Kawwww!! Will pop back for an update later

Tiff I also had MW this morning and bubs is lying the same way as yours lol.  Head down and back to the right, legs and feet to the left.  His head isnt down in the pelvis yet but Im just glad he is head down instead of sideways

Lucky how cool you get to see bubs again!  Hopefully your wee one is also in a nice position

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 1:33pm
Yeah I am quite excited about seeing bubs again, but will have to tell them not to let us know what sex it is.

I think after this time I would be a bit gutted if I found out now.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:15pm
lucky mine is always written in my pink book..is yours? (the position..) thats good about your mw Tiff.. my baby in same place atm.. must remember to talk to her about placenta etc at next appointment.. lucky at our scan she said she wouldnt say unless we wanted to hear.. wish mine had of just popped it out:) but in the end we found out anyway!

right... so I went to meet mw at CWS... she walks in with an armful of swabs and stuff (lucky me) i have to have yearly smear tests but the swabs hurt more while you are pregnant for some reason? oh well she's going to be seeing that area a lot more later!:) so she did about 4 and said she can see (sorry if TMI) discharge but that's normal)

then she put me and bubs on a monitor to monitor contractions(she tested to see if amniotic waters had broken and thankfully not and cervix still closed) she said sometimes they can stop prem labour so she wanted me in just to check(which is good as i wanted to know as well! and as i had ureaplasmic cells I am at risk for prem labour.. so she gave me more antibiotics:( )

anyway baby doing totally fine and had several uterine contractions (Braxton Hicks) while i was there..she thinks yesterday was one long Braxton hicks(didnt know they can last for ages) ....apparently some people dont get any but I'm just lucky i suppose!:)

so in short..its not amniotic fluid..bubs is fine..cervix still closed, having swabs sucks:( blood test got done too..shes going to ring if any problems..which I'm glad she is checking everything just to make sure:)..and bubs and i got monitored for about 30 mins as well so got to here his heartbeat the whole time (130-150) she said everything is fine atm..but not to hesitate to cal her if i have any worries or start to feel sick or anything.. ! im off to have antibiotics..stupid $%^&*^^ things have to have four times a day with food:( !!! oh adn Tiff that dizzy spell i had the other day highly likely because i have an inner ear problem.....

and i asked about whether my baby would have any problems with immunisations as when i was a teacher i got immunised against hep b and a and turns out only got immune to A...8% of the population just dont get immune..i wonder if same will happen to Ethan? anyone know..i must ask doc about it..
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:25pm
Glad everything is okay Kawwww, doesn't sound like you are having much fun of late though.

I don't know if I've had any BH yet, sometimes I get a tightness in my stomach area, but that's it. I will have to check my pink book, I don't think it says anything in there though, I'm assuming it would have an A or a P, I was looking at it last night and there are lots of dashes all over the place, but cos of my extra flab it might be hard for her to feel until I get a little further along.
mummy_dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:27pm
just lurking - good to hear things are all OK kawww, sounds like you have a fabulous mw!
Daphne

Married Stuart: 19/03/05
Oliver: 9/06/06
Lilia due: 19/03/08

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:34pm
lucky I'm big (about 105 kg) and she has been able to feel its position for weeks.. in the sideways column on mine where they write BP etc it says position..not anterior or posterier..but breech or the one he was last time (head down ) that starts with a C.. etc.. :)

I felt sorry for myself till i logged onto the board that i go to and the lady there lost her baby at 27 weeks 5 days... :( so I feel thankful it's going pretty good.. !

mummy-dee yeah i do..in the beginning she didnt return y calls etc..but it was a misunderstanding really and now she couldnt be more helpful..its scary how much of bubs care really relies on having a good midwife or not:(!!!
Mum to two amazing boys!
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:38pm
I noticed you are going to call your girl Lilia mummy-dee...how is that pronounced...I know people who have a Lilla.. but i'd never seen a similar name until now:) ?
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:39pm
Oh I will have to have another look, I know there are some of the columns that she doesn't fill in, just puts a dash and others I don't even know what the column is for, so will have another look tonight when I get home.

If unclear I will ask her next time I go.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 2:44pm
cool again i just assuumed they fill them all in the same:) lol..I'm going to lie down.been a long day!
Mum to two amazing boys!
Tiff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:03pm
That's awesome news Kawwww, enjoy your rest you deserve it!!!
Lucky my mw has only just started to to write down the position of bubs the last two appointments (including todays), she actually draws a little diagram which is helps. I think I'm the same as you Kiwi as in I don't think baby is in the pelvis yet 'cos when mw showed me how to feel bubs the head was just above my pubic bone. But that's fine 'cos we've got time to drop.

I've only really just started to notice Braxton Hicks myself and it's usually when I'm walking aound (ie at mall or something). Oh and Lucky apparently it's often harder to see the sex after 30 weeks because it's getting so cramped in there, but if you're worried just tell them you don't want to know the sex.

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:07pm
Hey kawww glad everything is fine. Lucky we had a scan at 35 weeks and they couldn't tell what sex he was but at the 36 one they could as he was pointing his bits at them for that one. But neither time could I tell, they also asked me if I knew first. I think they are careful to make sure they don't slip up and tell you if you don't want to know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:17pm
That's cool, cos we have waited so long now I would rather just keep waiting to find out the sex. I do have a preference but in the end I don't care as long as its healthy.

I'm not too worried if mw hasn't been writing down what possy bubs is in yet, cos I do trust her, she's pretty thorough if there is anything that isn't quite right and she told me a story the other night about another woman she had that she thought was pre-eclamptic just by looking at her and made her go to the clinic for tests etc, the tests came back negative, but because the mw had written a letter strongly recommending they keep an eye on her, they did, and within a week she did become pre-eclamptic on the tests and they ended up inducing her on a saturday(apparently they don't normally do wkends unless urgent). So that made me trust her even more.

I also thought cos I am bigger and have a bit of extra tummy flab that it might be more difficult for her to feel exactly where bubs is too.
mummy_dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:23pm
Kawwww - we pronouce it as 'lily-a'. My mums name is Riria which she never got called at its difficult to pronounce (it's Maori) she was always called Edna . I love the name Lily and was looking in a baby book and came across Lilia. I thought it is a nice way to acknowledge mum as well as get a name I love
Daphne

Married Stuart: 19/03/05
Oliver: 9/06/06
Lilia due: 19/03/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:28pm
I think that's really pretty mummy-dee. I like Lily too but DH isn't that keen on it sadly and its becoming quite common, so Lilia is nice you still get Lily but its a little different.

I used to work with a Riria, but she didn't go by Edna
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:35pm
tiff yeah mine has only written it the last two but commented before then.. i didnt notice the braxton hicks except yesterday but i could tell when she had monitor on as it made a funny noise..bit scary:) ! i thought baby doesnt go into pelvis till like 36 weeks?

lucky- yeah it's good you trust her.. im not implying theres anything wrong if she hasnt written it:)! position doesnt matter much at the moment anyway:)

mummy that is nice:) names with meaning are cool..i just wanted to ask how it was pronounced..i hate getting peoples names wrong especially spelling(after lifetime of people doing it to me.even people who know me ! pity about your mum's name..i hate it when people have different names just because others cant pronounce it..like an Asian girl at my school renamed herself Sarah because people couldn't pronounce her name:( !

we liked Lily as well but Lily with out last name sounds weird..if he comes out a girl he will still be Georgia:)
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:45pm
I didn't think you were implying anything Kawww, its just amazing, like you say, how differently each mw works, and as long as you trust them and they don't let you down that's all you can ask for really. But I would be interested to know what position bubs is in at the moment, so hard to tell when you get poked and kicked and pushed all over the place.

We both quite like William but I don't think it will work with the surname either, shame though, I am finding it more difficult to come up with boys names than girls.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 3:59pm
i can tell now she pointed it out by where the kicks are..but its hard as they dont lie straight up and down so you could be getting kicked on the side and bubs be in several different positions!

Everyone says that about boys names..i found it easier but DH found it hard..probably because I really wanted a boy and he wanted a girl:)

i find myself still stressing about Ethan getting here healthy..with the infection etc and the group B I worry about waters breaking early and all that sorta stuff.. man cant wait till h's actually here and I can worry about other stuff:) guess on the plus side at least i know about the strep b most people wouldnt know until 37 weeks..
Mum to two amazing boys!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucky3rdtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 4:14pm
How did you find out about the strep b thing so early Kawww?
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 4:18pm
i had some irritation 'down there' and so she tested me with swabs for infection...found no infection but ureaplasmic cells or something which she said arent sexually related and i think are normally in urinary tract of healthy people..but during pregnancy can cause premature labour..so i had two weeks of antibiotics....but shes given me more just in case as i guess better to have them just in case than not have them and go into premature labour but took more swabs to check

the annoying thing is strep b can come and go..you might have it at 35 weeks but not at birth but generally if you test positive ever during the pregnancy they like to treat you anyway just in case ..its not harmful to bubs until cmoing down birth canal or if waters break ..
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 180>