FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUpdate on house

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update on house
    Posted: 16 September 2005 at 7:53am
Well, I think we will be able to move into our house at the end of this month, , finally.
The kitchen wont be finished but does have a ceiling and 2 internal walls, and I doubt the bathroom will have a ceiling either. I'm beyond caring, so long as there is power and water. The plumber comes this weekend and the power(solar) next weekend.
I have pretty much finished the babys room and our bedroom, I love the colors. In resene colors, the walls are lilac bush and trim is christalle. I dont think hubbys all that keen on the colors but he did say, I could choose them.
We dug the pile holes yesterday. Hubby dug the 900mm deep ones and I dug the 11 300mm deep holes. Boy did my back hurt, so I took a couple of pain killers but still didnt take all the pain away. We have deceided to work on the shed that will have the solar panels on it, while its at the neighbors so when it gets lifted with the crane, it wont fall apart. It better not fall apart or we'll be stuffed. There is no where else to put all the batterys and solar panels. Hopefully we'll have the piles concreted in, tonight.
We are still waiting on our shower unit to arrive. It was supposed to be here last week.

On a brighter note, look at my pregnancy counter, its on the last box,

Sponsored Links

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 7:55am
How exciting! I am really glad for you that it will all be finished soon!

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 7:55am
Hehehehe, the house I mean,not the pregnancy!

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 8:29am
Yay Bonnie - nearly there! U are working so hard on your house, hope you are taking some time to put your feet up!
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 8:52am
Bonnie, atleast the main part is done...your bedroom and Bubs room!

I think you should put your feet up now...I mean you only have 4 weeks to go.......

Best of luck and please keep us updated!!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:20am
Sounds great (and like a lot of hard work!). Good luck with the big move!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 9:53am
I'm so angry with our plumber. He was supposed to work on our house all weekend but hubby rung him friday night and he said he couldnt make it on saturday but will come first thing sunday. To us first thing is 8am but he didnt turn up till 10,30am then stuffed around having coffees etc, so didnt start work till 11.15. Then he had only worked for and hour and told us he had to be back in town by 2pm. He only got 2 pipes in OMG doesnt he realize how urgent it is. I told him several times while he was here how many days there is to go. He says he'll be back this weekend, he better be or he'll be getting a barreling from me.

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 10:11am
Bonnie...you are not having much luck with these people huh? first the builder and now the plumber...gosh does any body work properly these days? I was watching target the other day about different cabinet builders...my God!!!!

Hope things get done this weekend!! 4 weeks to go (only if the baby is not early).....

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 10:38am
don't even get me started on plumbers! when we were doing our house (relocated) by the time jack arrived we still didn't have any water connected. after being reassured by the plumber that it would only be a 2hr job and would be done that day (thurs) by the following mon we still had no water! so no toilet, shower etc and that is hard going with a newborn!!
they pissed around so much and moved so slowly i couldn't believe it! the fact they barely spoke english didn't help either!
i hope everything is getting sorted, i understand your frustration! *hugs*

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:05am
We moved the shed yesterday and all went very well. It didnt fall apart and its now beside the house. Today I have to take the old roofing iron off so hubby can put new iron on.
I missed the whole move because I had a midwife appointment here but I had my 17 year old with the video camera so I thought, Id still be able to see it being moved,,,,,well,,, she forgot to press record I am soooo, upset because I will never be able to have any photos or anything to show how it was done. This was the third building we've relocated but its the first time, we'd done it by ourselves.

Anyway, like I said, I had my 36.4 week appointment yesterday. She couldnt beleive how small the bach is. Bubs is growing well. The midwife says bubs will be bigger than 6pound and smaller than shaun(8p14oz). I took her up to show her the house and what I've been up to and she loves the house. She said she now understands why I have to do so much and wont hassle me about having rests.
The only thing is,, my next appointment is for 2 weeks time but, I should be on weekly visits by now,, bugger it all. I guess she just thinks, because I'm on my third time round and I've got so much to do, its easyer all round to keep the fortnightly appointments.
I also rang the plumber again, and told him our plumbing is very urgent and please get his A into G.
So after this weekend, we should have power and hopefully, most of the plumbing done, well,,, we'd better.

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 11:58am
Sounds like things are getting there Bonnie. Good luck with the plumber
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 12:08pm
yap good luck!

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 9:56am
WE HAVE POWER!!!!!
and its working great. The plumber came back yesterday with a friend to help with the plumbing. We now have the drain in the kitchen, the hot water cylinder is ready to go and we have the basin in the bathroom with taps but no drain, bath or shower. At least we have running cold water at the kitchen sink. Still no toilet. Even if we have to flush with a bucket I dont care. The plumber said he'll try to come back during the week but if not then definitely next weekend.
I have decided to move in, this coming weekend, no matter what. I am soo worried/scared bubs will come and we'll still be in the bach.
I'm so sick of all the hold ups. I wanted this week off to finally rest and sort out the babys room and clothes but now it looks like we'll be working the whole time, this sucks

aimeejoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimeejoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 10:22am
O Bonnie, sounds like things are so close. Hope all goes well this week. How are you and bubs doing?
Aimee

Hannah 22/10/05
Greer 11/02/08
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 4:38pm
Nearly there Bonnie (house and baby!). Good luck over the next couple of weeks!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 5:18pm
Bubs is moving heaps but most of the movements are soft now.
As for me, well, I'm soooooo tired. I'm in heaps of pain from my back, hips and my shoulder now. I have to get to the physio this week. Sometimes, I nearly collapse from the pain, when I try to stand up. I know its my own fault and should of gone to the physio weeks ago but I didnt want to waste $50 only to do my back in again.
My neighbors are laughing at me because I've been counting down the days. One of them is only a few weeks behind me, but like I said to both, the midwife, and the neighbor, the reason I count down days rather than weeks etc, is not only to get hubby motivated but also because of how much pain I've been in. I'd like to see them do as much as I do and put up with this pain for as long as I have.

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 8:50am
It is really close now Bonnie!!! It will so be worth it when bubs is here!

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:22am
Oh Bonnie...I was just saying to hubby that I dont know how Bonnie does it....I am getting so tired...and my back is sore....and my feet swell up at night and hurts like hell, and I sit most of the day at my desk........

You are one strong woman!!!!

Hey I am on my last block (ticket)....scary

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:23am
I can't wait until your wee girl is here Roksana!!!

bonjovi6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonjovi6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 10:01am
Hey Roksana, its quite a big deal finally getting onto the last box on your ticker. Our lifes about to change soo much. This is my third time round and I'm freaking out too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>