FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAug 06 Toddlers!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
buzimumto3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 11:06am
Originally posted by mum2emj mum2emj wrote:

eek! kayla can be clingy at times to me too! but not as bad as she was.
wow! 21 months apart thats really cool! i love the smaller age gaps.

I like the 21 month gap with my boys... it is hard work at times though! but isnt everything! LOL I want a big age gap before the next. I think I need time to collect myself and work on me for a while! (also the need for a bigger house etc!)

Cam is grizzly with his clingyness! it can drive me mad some days... I struggle to find things to occupy him! Anyone have any good learning/development toys to recommend?? I just got him this cool train thing but its so noisey!!
Sponsored Links

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 3:39pm
We just borrow a Poo & Friends activity table from the toy library and Elle is loving it! I like the toy library as you can get new things every couple of weeks. It is $70 for a 12mth membership and you can hire 3 new toys every week (i think) for no additional charge.
Mummy to Gabrielle and Ashley

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2007 at 3:59pm
Thanks for that... how do I find out about a toy library near me?? I have heard of them before but dont know anyone that uses it!
Thanks
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:18am

Hi guy's in the middle of moving so I won't be arounf for a few day's.  Mikey is really clingy at the momnet too.   Oh and we are all sick again yes we all have the flu Mikey is really bad so have to keep a close eye on him. 

Oh and for my exciting new's.  Now we have a new house to move to and we have alot less stress to deal with we are going to start TTC I hope to be pregnant by Christmas. 

How rude of me welcome buzimum to us augest Mum's we are so pleased you could join us your boy's are so cute.

Deborah Mum to:

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:06am
woohoo deb! all the best for ttc! hope it happens really fast for you, i'll send you some pregnancy bugs gosh its in the water here in nelson! i am over feeling so sick... why we put ourselves through it i dont know! lol

hope that you and your boys get better real quick deb, sounds like things are improving, thats really good- goodluck with the move, where are you moving to?

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:13am
HI Ladies,
Welcome Busimum.... thanks for the advice etc guys.

Toy Library you should be able to look us in the phone book or something i would think. The only thing tho, the reason i haven't joined, is because you have to work in there 3 times a year or something.

Things going pretty ok up here, Vincent taking a few steps, won't be long and he'l be walking. he said high chair the other day! OMG!

we are ttc, reasonably actively i guess. just hoping house unting won't take too much fo a stress on my body and we will eb able to get preggy soonish. We will be moving house i would say by the end of next month. Have to be out of here by 30 Nov but hoping to buy a house closer to my parents in Papakura.

Well, not much to tell around here i guess, feeling a bit better about things again. Thanks again....
Vincent sleeping better again. Must have just been a real changing time for him as he learnt to step i think. We have mastered max 5 steps so far

Chonny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 9:50am
Thank you for the welcome

How exciting mums TTC!! Good luck!

I will look up the toy library thats local to us... and see what they say... We have had a big toy box of the kids stuff in the garage for the last few months and Im thinking I will get that out next week when my oldest DS goes away for 2 weeks... Should keep the other 2 busy!
FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2007 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by chonny chonny wrote:

HI Ladies,

Toy Library you should be able to look us in the phone book or something i would think. The only thing tho, the reason i haven't joined, is because you have to work in there 3 times a year or something.

Chonny

Not sure if that is the case at all of them as that isn't part of our membership to the Epsom one.

Glad everyone is doing well. We've talked about TTC but are not ready for number 2 quite yet. Elle is also going through a really clingy stage...i'm guessing this is the separation anxiety phase.

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 10:56am
That sounds like it could be a very tiring time Fiona,
Which toy library are you at?

I don't think that, even tho i'd like it now, i don't think we will get preggy soon. The stress of house buying etc....

Oh well, it'l happen when it happens right...

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 3:38pm
Yes, these things all seem to happen in good time :)

We go to the Carlsen Toy Library on St Andrews Rd Epsom :)
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 2:21pm
That's an awesome one there, i used to work at Carlson. But i was under the impression you had to do some work in the shop. OH well, all changing now.... We bought a house! YAY! Papakura here we come...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buzimumto3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 6:36pm
Wow congratulations on the new house chonny!!
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 7:48pm
Thanks,
going to be strange moving away from the few friends i have here. Espesh my nanny friend whom i see heaps.

I guess will have to try find other mums etc out there...... will still be coming over here probably every 2nd tuesday to Quench (coffee group where the kids are looked after and mums get to do crafts) and also to music on thurs.

Fiona, do you work tuesdays?

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:54pm
Hi Ladies,
i don't think i told you that on the day our offer on the house got accepted, Vincent started walking. He now seems like he's trying to run coz he gets real fast....sometimes too fast that he falls over.lol.

Well, 2nd ear infection in three weeks, hopefully this lot of Antibiotics will clear it up. my usually active boy lay on the bed stil watching a video this am. not like him at all! poor wee baby.

How is everyone else getting on? There's been no talking in here lately. Rach, hows the pregnancy going? Deb, hows the ttc going?

11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 7:40pm
Hi Chonny I have been laying low. really concertrating on my family so only pop in to aee augest update's.
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 9:37pm
Always a good thing to focus on the family debs. Glad ot hear it.

Kelpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 7:44pm
HELLO EVERYONE!!! I cant believe some of you are pregnant...CONGRATULATIONS..>Are you mad??? he he

Just saw this thread! I havent been on Oh Baby much..Seem to be forever busy as Mark is constantly away for weeks on end now in charge of jobs here there and everywhere!

Blake is MASSIVE. He is 14kg and 82cm tall.
He loves food and gobbles up loads of it. Has two sleeps and is tucked in at 6 to wake at 6:30.Has a wicked sense of humour and laughs all day long. Has figured out cupboards, drawers, doors and is into everything like all your wee bubs!
He is a real joy to have. We have a problem with eczema and think he will have asthma so trying to work on that!!
Any brilliant ideas for eczema would be great!

Was great reading all about your little ones and hearing all your news...

XX

Kel

chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 7:59pm
WOW Kel! He is a good growing boy!

Who else is pregnant? Did i miss a bulletin somewhere? I knwo Rach is... And Debs and I are Trying....

Hope the TTC is going well Debs,
Kel, Vincent is doing all but the sleeping the same as blake, plus, he not as big.... he still tiny....

FionaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2007 at 9:27pm
Hi everyone. We've all been a bit quite lately huh!

Elle is still under 9Kgs :) Just a wee thing. She isn't eating much of anything...everything get's spat out or thrown on the floor.

She is going through a really clingy phase. She wants to be carried everywhere all the time and if you don't pick her up, she will cry and cry and cry (we recorded 25mins of major crying for absolutely no reason). When she finally stops crying she is 100% fine so who knows how we deal with that! I don't know whether to walk away or put an arm around her and quiety wait for her to stop. It happens several times a day.

Got 6 teeth and about 19 words and is running everywhere! Still can't get herself up from sitting or lying down though.
11111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 9:16am
Hi ladies jdut popping in I have been pretty quiet laetly really trying to focus on my boy's and house work. Just popping into say my Mikey is walking now can't believe it he is so quick and loves running with his big bro. they are such good mates. Well best go got to do washing .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>