FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcakepops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cakepops
    Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:56pm
How awesome are these...

Thinking I can convince my SIL sis to do them for my wedding now that would be coolcake pops

Edited by HoneybunsMa

Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:52am
I made some - using a cake like she recommended. NOT nice. i would make them with cookies though. Check and see if spotlight has the candy melts. i think you can buy on trademe but they are quite pricey.

Saw a cake pop cookbook the other say...sooooo cute. pricey but!
nicandtyler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicandtyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:53am
we did a version of these for T's 1st birthday party! We had cake mixture rolled up into balls and put onto icecream cones, and covered the cake mixture in icing to look like little icecreams! So good!

April '11
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:08am
A friend of mine has just started a business making these and has done a few weddings too: Party Tart
Cake pops are sooooo good. You could also do something like these: Oreo Truffles

HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:58pm
I might try them to see how they go. I have a few people I can source for our wedding cake if need be but I so want these

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:45pm
I had some a friend made and they were delicious. I thought she said she mixed a cake mix with cream cheese. Apparently they are the "new cupcakes" in the US and everyone is doing them!
Lindsey

mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:20pm
I have had another version here where you mix together crushed toffee pops and cream cheese and form into balls which you dip into chocolate. Very sweet and thankfully you can't eat too many at once. Would also be very yummy with cheesecake mix instead of cream cheese.

For a chocolatey version you could use choc cake/brownies and instead of frosting use chocolate ganache - just use enough ganache to get it sticky, not enough to make it a truffle.
ereynolds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:35pm
Clobug- the toffee pops/cream cheese mixture is basically like the oreo recipe i linked to- so easy and instead of using cream cheese which has quite a strong taste to it, I use philadelphia instead. Whenever I make them, I get sick of them well before I'm finished and so very rarely end up eating the end result!

mrsm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:30pm
Yes, it is the same - I think I opened but didn't read the link The toffee pops ones I had were made by a friend and they weren't mixed completely together so you got lumps of cream cheese or biscuits, and they were HUGE (about golf ball size!) so I could barely eat one. Philadelphia would probably make them slightly easier to eat.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by clobug clobug wrote:

Yes, it is the same - I think I opened but didn't read the link The toffee pops ones I had were made by a friend and they weren't mixed completely together so you got lumps of cream cheese or biscuits, and they were HUGE (about golf ball size!) so I could barely eat one. Philadelphia would probably make them slightly easier to eat.

Man I must be a pig, I made these (oreo version) and ate 6 in an afternoon hehe
Chaotic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 3:04pm
I've made a few versions of these, working on decorating techiniques.
I got the Wilton book, but still thinking about getting the Angie Dudley book.
Not that my post baby bottom needs me practicing how to make them
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:20pm
They look awesome!!! I've gotta try that

Glamourazi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glamourazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:00pm
Love bakerella ideas! I did the layered cookie jar mix from their site. Looks fab!
 Post Reply Post Reply