FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat has happened to the Auckland Meetups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What has happened to the Auckland Meetups
    Posted: 18 March 2009 at 12:38pm
As the title says.. what has happened to the Auckland meetups??

Are they still happening?? I go away for a few weeks on holiday so cant attend a couple but i was really looking forward to the meetups when i got back.

Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:19pm
There were great numbers at the first, more central one, but the numbers just kept dropping off (didn't help that we haven't had great weather either).

I think that we were a bit ambitious in terms of how often they were - fortnightly is probably a bit much - and in terms of expecting people to potentially travel from one side of Auckland to another.

IMO we should try again, but perhaps make it monthly instead (eg, the second saturday of every month?) and shoot for different locations around the middle of Auckland so the maximum number of people can make it each time. (We need to think of some more indoor locations too, with the weather getting worse.)

What does everybody else think?

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:21pm
I was thinking the same thing yesterday Kicker!

Sounds like a good plan Weegee, we're definitely keen.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
fire_engine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fire_engine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 4:24pm
- I keep checking in here for updates but haven't actually got off my ar$e to do anything!

Weegee, good plan. I think monthly is more manageable.
Mum to two wee boys
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 7:58pm
yep monthly sounds good, and i agree with the more central locations - but maybe i am biased

So should we aim for a meetup on the 2nd sat of every month, but maybe start with the 18th April (as the second sat is easter sat i think).

Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 9:48am
We are keen as well. We missed the last few due to moving house etc but really want to catch up with people. Now that winter is coming there are always the Chipmunks/ Lollipops type indoor playgrounds to keep kiddies occupied while we all chat

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 1:18pm
I'm keen too. I was out of town when all the other meetups were on but am back now and rearing to go
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Kicker Kicker wrote:

Maybe start with the 18th April (as the second sat is easter sat i think).

Yep the second weekend in April is Easter (and Im heading to Raglan)

Sorry I havent been in here to answer your q's kicker, but I see weegee explained everything lol

Im keen for monthly meetups (central areas) and as we will probably need indoor locations soon, its probably better to do them once a month as chipmunks etc usually have a charge.

Id prefer not to organise though as Im short staffed and need to organise work as Im going on maternity leave in 8 weeks!
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 4:23pm
I'm out the weekend after Easter (Hamilton V8's that weekend) but will keep an eye out for any further meet-ups...

LF, I still have the scrapbooking stuff for you waiting here lol... hopefully we both go to another meet-up before we pop!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

liveinhope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liveinhope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 4:56pm
I'd be in (depending on shifts). What about the museum they don't charge entry for Aucklanders, and i am sure there is a coffee shop. Or Starbucks at West gate for a westie's day, Will try and think of one for Shore like me.
Angel Baby Jnr Dec 04
Angel Baby Peanut Sep 06
Angel Baby Aug 08
Kicker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 8:51am
I was thinking the playground thingy at ellerslie racecourse (lollipops??), that way we can have coffee and the kids get to play.

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 9:53am
Im in for Auckland meetups if they are at Botany or possibly Sylvia park, as I live way out in wops and its just a mission getting to and from places and I dont like to be home too late cos of Caden.

Bobbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2009 at 1:44pm
I was thinking about these the other day too. I had to miss 2 or 3 in a row due to weddings and guff but still keen.

I think monthly sounds good. If they were rotated Nth,Sth,Est, Wst then you'd get to go to at least 4 a year Sheza

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 2:17pm
Yeah that would cool bobbie, I wouldnt travel any further than Botany etc when I have 2 kidlets lol

kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:31pm
I couldn't make any of the last ones either as I was always away, but would like to come if there are some on the shore/central

Little Angel, April 10
chonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 9:44pm
i'm in & probably more like Sheena but central works for me too. i'm used to central. Hey sheena, slightly off topic but yay for a lil girl on the way......

I missed the last few as sundays etc aren't always good for us. i'd be keen for monthly too.

midnight_sakura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midnight_sakura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2009 at 4:59pm
Id be keen for monthlies also. Central or west/shore works great for me. I am also open to those who want to do something mid week in the afternoons too. Obviously dependent on everyone dk and schedules
 Post Reply Post Reply