FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp! Nanny providers...?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Nanny providers...?
    Posted: 20 January 2011 at 9:01pm
We are looking for a nanny provider service in Wellington. We need one which can provide a nanny and they takes over the pay side of things (as then we are entitled to a subsidy).

The only ones in Wellington I can think of are:
Porse
Home Grown Kids
Barnardos (and I dont think they do nannies but have contacted them anyway)

Can anyone think of any others?
I know up north they have Nuture & Kids at Home...
Sponsored Links

bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:41pm
Home Grown Kids apparently offer a Multiple Birth Club discount? Could be worth looking into

Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:24am
Yeah they do - they didn't give me a clear outline of the costs but I worked out it was about 73cents per hour per child they were willing to give.

Not much when the other triplet mums I know are getting $3.20 per hour per child! Hence trying to get more quotes :)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:30am
But if they give you a discount that should be on top of the childcare subsidy. I get a discount with barnados for having two children in care with them and that's just a discount barnados do it's seperate to the subsidy so before I worked and was entitled to the subsidy I got both, now that I'm working I just get the barnados discount cos we are now over the income thresholds for the childcare subsidy.
If they are a proper provider then you will be entitled to the subsidy, so long as you are below the income thresholds set out by the IRD.

Are Annies Nannies in Wellington? ACC arranged a nanny through them for me when I broke my elbow and they seemed pretty well set up.

Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:59am
Thanks cuppatea, I will contact them.

I think because it is a set amount per hour the nanny gets paid and it's not dependant on how many children you have, you won't get that particular type of discount. Whereas they might if they were going to go to a home care educator.

From what I understand, 'singleton' children get a lower discount than twins and triplets. Even if you have more than one child in care. MOE must give the cerntres more funding for twins/triplets? No idea why?

All too confusing for me!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 1:42pm
Yeah with nannies you pay a rate and it's not dependent on the number of children just a set hourly rate. But you can still claim the childcare subsidy for each child. My friend has a 3.5 year old and twin 15 month olds and she does exactly that. She had a nanny paid for for having 3 under 3 and then kept that nanny on once her free hours ran out cos she said it was no more expensive than daycare once you took the subsidies off what they have to pay her.

Talk to the agencies they will know cos they must deal with multiple children and subsidies all the time.

Happy lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happy lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:41pm
*Lurker*
Hi Zaylah, how are your girls doing?

I would love to keep up with your blog too, if your still updating it........

Kimnthekids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimnthekids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:28pm
Rock my baby i think are NZ wide

http://www.rockmybaby.co.nz/pages/home
floss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 8:53pm
we went through homegrown when noah and lola were born and we got the discout on top of subsidies so it ended up that out of our own money we paid $15 for 3 days and apart from me sending though the time sheet they did everything else.
My beautiful big girl Sienna 15.04.06

Double the trouble double the fun Noah & Lola 10/11/07
bext1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bext1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 10:38am
Debs, Luke and Zavier both get the same amount of funding from WINZ for their childcare subsidy, which is the max, so I imagine it would be that plus the discount from Homegrown? (like Floss said :o) )

It's not different depending on multiples or singletons, they treat them as individual children

ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 11:27am
Porse do nannies
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 7:50pm
bext1 - yes there is a difference between funding amounts between singletons and twins and then again for triplets. It's at the discretion of the company how much they pass onto you though - it's part of the resource grant money.

"Do you have twins and an older child/ren who are under the age of 5? If so then you are eligible for the non-income tested Multiple Birth Subsidy."

Thanks everyone for your help :)
 Post Reply Post Reply