FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJoining weight watchers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joining weight watchers
    Posted: 11 January 2011 at 8:33am
I have never done WW before and I am just wanting to check exactly what you get for the money. I will be joining the online one. I found their website pretty limited, so would much prefer info form 'real people'.

What exactly do they give you? Meal plans/recipe ideas?

Is it manageable for a family. I will be cooking for DF and a toddler, plus a baby that is a 2 months away from starting solids.

I'm breastfeeding...do u get extra points?

Also, what are the benefits from actually joining, rather than just googling what each food you are eating is worth..

TIA!

Edited by pekay
Sponsored Links

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:07am
There are a few that use it, have a look in the WW threads.

I tried there online when they had a free trial & found it good but did not take full advantage of it.

WW has a $1 joining fee at the moment.
kiwikt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:25am
I use the online weight watchers and I love it. It has some great tools for recipes and the online points tracker is so much easier than having to do it on paper.
You do get more points for breast feeding, and DH has not had a problem eating the foods that I cook. I just have to plan my meals a bit more and look for low fat replacements sometimes. He thinks the meals have gotten better because I plan more!
Due 14/10/11
CarleyRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:32am
Ive just joined WW, i thinks its bloody good, it teaches you too eat normal foods properly rather than eating foods like jenny craig's, sureslim etc.

I finding the programme really easy so far!

GL to you!
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
FET-8th August - BFP 20/8/12
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2011 at 10:16pm
Well, I joined earlier today. Spent much of the say looking at recipes. Rather pleased with what I see. Delicious dinner, and I came in 4points short of my points allocation. Can't wait to try some new foods tomorrow!!
CarleyRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarleyRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 2:12pm
GL with the rest of your week!
TTC Sept08
July10 FS APP
ICSI#1 BFN-No frosties
ICSI#2 BFN-2 Frosties
FET-8th August - BFP 20/8/12
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:49am
Thanks emma- I am feeling so much better with what I am eating! I can't believe the crap I was eating (I had two pregnancies/babies in just under 2 years so was used to eating as I pleased). Looking forward to weigh in on Sunday, oh and to use some of my extra ponits for wine and cheese this avo!
ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2011 at 3:47pm
I'm online doing the free 2 week trial, but just returned to meetings..starting afresh!.

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:35pm
I am loving the online one as I am putting an effort in to using it & I don't want to eat as much now that I am recording it
pekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:33pm
It has been 6 days and I have lost 2kgs! I would have been more stoked if I hadn't put on 2kgs between having DD 4months ago and starting WW! It's a good start and looking forward to weighing in next week.
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by pekay pekay wrote:

It has been 6 days and I have lost 2kgs! I would have been more stoked if I hadn't put on 2kgs between having DD 4months ago and starting WW! It's a good start and looking forward to weighing in next week.

lol, I lost 2.4kg but put on 3.7kg since end of last yr. I am loving the new points & also had mine dropped today to 31.
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:43pm
Wow well done on the losses ladies!!
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:48pm
Alex how are you going on WW got any tricks or points?
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:22pm
I haven't been following it over the holidays so just getting back to it now. I think the tracker is brilliant though. I find it too easy to use my points eating what I would have on the last programme so now I am eating quite differently. Can't believe how fulling a carrot and tablespoon of hummus is for just 1 point!
 Post Reply Post Reply