FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsolids???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: solids???
    Posted: 10 August 2009 at 8:22am
What age did you start giving porridge & weetbix for breakfast??

Also what age can i start giving DD cowsmilk in with food???

She is fully BF so the cows milk would just be in with breakfast etc.

TIA Sabrina
Sponsored Links

BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 9:44am
I started around the 7-8 month mark with weetbix and porrige (gave on alternative days) i know alot of people disagree with giving weetbix before 12 months due to the high fibre but personally for me 1-2 weetbix every 2nd day wasn't an issue and my kids were fine on it.
Re the cows i started using it when my kids were about 10ish months (we have no family history of any food allergies)

DD 1999
DS 2003
DS 2006
DD 2009
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:04am
Kyle has porridge now and loves it, I make with water and sometimes mix some pureed fruit in with it. Won't be doing weetbix till after 12 months but we have issues with allergies and no idea about the dairy, both mine are allergic to it. If she is too young for dairy (plunket have a chart but I can't find mine) then you could use rice milk or formula sachets if you don't want to/can't express.

lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 10:30am
We started weetbix & cows milk at 7 months. Our 2 had a lot of constipation at that age so the doctor actually suggested to get more fibre in their diets. He told us to use only multi grain bread and to introduce weetbix so we did.

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 12:07pm
I used to mash C's weetbix up and mix pureed apple in with it , from about 6 /7 months ,she loved it .(i used breast milk to make it runnier )

I didnt give her cows milk til she was a year old (she had quite bad eczema then , wasnt sure if she had allergies )

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 12:27pm
Ok cool thanks ladies. I might think about offering it in the next month or so, might hold off on cows milk until 8 months plus :)
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2009 at 2:08pm
I started giving C Weetbix around 7 months and have used cows milk in cooking but still make his Weetbix with formula because we tend to have skim milk in the fridge rather than full fat.
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply