FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCloth nappy help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cloth nappy help
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 11:48am
Just wanting to know if anyone has bought nappies fromTM.

Ill add a link too the ones im looking at, and if anyone has feedback on them that would be great :)

Also what brands do you use...also do you have any tips/need to knows etc, that could help me

TIA Sabrina

nappy1

nappy2

nappy3

Edited by TaylahsMummy
Sponsored Links

weegee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 4:32pm
LOL you could be here for ages... prob best to go check out the multitude of info in the cloth nappy discussion section, we've all raved about our favourites numerous times! I haven't clicked on your links but I will say my best advice is to try lots of different nappies because every baby fits every nappy differently. DON'T spend massive amounts buying a complete system of one brand/type until you know they work for you.

I would add there is also a bit of an element of "you get what you pay for" and I'm personally not a fan of OSFA but I know they work well for some people.

Good luck and have fun exploring the wide world of MCNs!

Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010
crafty1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crafty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:14pm
I love my OSFA's! They have fitted Alex since about 4 months old and still going strong. I have had different favs at different stages to be honest.

When he was little i mainly used prefolds with covers and liners. Then we used our fitteds with covers and inserts as well as the pocket OSFA's. Now i just use the Pockets - use Haute and have found them good but i agree that everyone has their preferences and don't run out and buy loads of one type.

My snazzipant fitteds size 1 fitted my boy till just recently but again depends on the size and shape of your baby. Actually he stills wears them at night and is now over 16 months old.

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:00pm
I have used MyBaby ones (nappy 3)... they are obviously growing their range to package deals now... lol

I found them good- they are basically a bumgenious rip off. Minus some VERY handy design features
Lots of packaging which annoyed me- they come in individual bags, and have separate bits of opposing velcro to pop on when washing- (as if you bother!!!) So they get tangled up in the machine.
And the poppers do tend to 'unpop' easily when trying to put them on your baby.

They also tended to leak around the leg, and the top sometimes.

Now this may be a fit issue- as all nappies fit differently on different babies. Locks has skinny legs, he is long and lean- naps always tend to leak ound his legs- annoying.
So we have settled for second hand fuzzibuns/honeychild.... But I reccomend buying 1 of a few different types, and then deciding what to buy bulk of.

Bum genious are the best- but frikin pricey   IMO.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 10:08pm
ive got the third ones and i LOVE them and they only cost about $14 each when i bought 18

_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 7:37am
I decided on buying the 2nd ones, they were $129 for 10 +20liners.

They are cheap enough, if i dont like them ill just relist them and try more lol.

Thanks for everyones help
KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 8:16am
Good plan- good resale value.
 Post Reply Post Reply