FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSelf Feeding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self Feeding
    Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:00pm
DD has gone off letting me feed her. She has never been a big finger food eater so i always gave her mashed stuff also. Or weetbix etc etc

She wont take anything from me now just trys to grab the spoon.

I think i might let her loose with a spoon and her food today, does anyone else let there baby do this??

She is 9 1/2 months
Sponsored Links

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 12:44pm
I tried that with Caden because he started to hate being spoon fed, but he just made one heck of a mess and nothing actually went into his mouth lol. So I started giving him more finger foods, like banana and marmite sammies etc, soft things.

He is only just getting the hang of "put spoon in food and then spoon into mouth" lol, I gave him his spoon and a pot of yoghurt the other day...

he didnt do toooo bad lol

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 1:09pm
The other trick is to let her have a spoon and you have one too. Its what we do with daniel with forks (he likes forks not spoons lol). Or get food on the spoon and let her put it in her mouth
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 2:43pm
Oh what a cute pic :) Well i couldnt do it, i just kept thinking of the mess. So it was lots of finger foods today. She really just played with the food but ohwel.

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 12:35pm
At that stage McKayla was pretty much feeding herself. She got way too upset with me. Just put a plastic sheet or newspaper under the feeding chair and let them go with it.

catisla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catisla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 5:47pm
another trick is to let her have a spoon, but keep your own as well (works for us!)

flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 9:39pm
Hollie basically went off being spoon fed for a good week, so I just started dumping finger foods in front of her, it took about a week to realise food wasn't only fun to play with but also tasted good too, and then after that we had a wee piglet

Her diet is incredibly varied now, a whole gerkin, or mushroom, is her current favourite snack
http://eggsineachbasket.blogspot.com/
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 7:54am
Originally posted by kebakat kebakat wrote:

The other trick is to let her have a spoon and you have one too. Its what we do with daniel with forks (he likes forks not spoons lol). Or get food on the spoon and let her put it in her mouth

Ooo yep, thats what I did, gave him a spoon and I had one too, and he played with his spoon and half fed himself, while I fed him with the other spoon.

Post Reply Post Reply