FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formula
    Posted: 20 August 2008 at 6:57pm
I currently bf Soph apart from one bottle of formula at night, however lately she has been drinking more of this and I think its blocking her up..!!

I would love to hear what are the 'best' formulas, she will be one the 6mth one soon and I will probably wean her in the next couple of months.

I hear the S somthing one is the most like breast milk, is this right? We use the basic blue lid Heinz Nuture one at the moment.

Thanks ladies

Sponsored Links

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 7:14pm
I use Karicare - just the regular one - have used it from birth and have had no issues. Its one f those things where people will recommend all different ones and you get all confused about which one

More wide used brands are S26, Nuture and Karicare.

Good Luck

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 7:24pm

What is she having at the moment???

S26 is the one you are thinking about. Andrew had that as he was FF from 3 weeks. Josh had Heinz and had no problems with it. I would get a few stick packs (at least 4 of each) and try each one in a row to see how she is with them, or ring up the formula companies and ask for samples.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 8:14pm
We have used S-26 since Jack was 3 weeks old and its great, no issues whatsoever. It's supposed to be the closest to breastmilk but I just got it because it was the cheapest
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 9:02pm
You can get some samples of S26 here and of Heinz nurture here

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 5:43am
We used S-26 Gold which is a step above the standard S26 and we found it excellent.

emmaohara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmaohara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 8:10am
Yea might try the S -26 one next week, Just applied for the free sample, thanks ladies

Post Reply Post Reply