FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula and Wind (Neocate Formula)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formula and Wind (Neocate Formula)
    Posted: 02 September 2009 at 10:17am
I have just switched Eva onto Neocate formula and I am finding that when she has the bottle just before she sleeps (she has one just before she goes to sleep at 6.30pm and a DF) she wakes up screaming with wind pain.

Will it get better?

We give her 6.30pm bottle a bit earlier and keep her up for about 15 mins to get all the burps out and after the DF we try and try and try to burp her.

We use gripe water if she is really bad. Last night she woke up 5 times crying, when we get her up to burp her only a little burp comes out.

We don't have the option of changing formula because it is Neocate for her dairy problem.
Mummy to Eva born 11 Feburary 2009 and Charlotte born 18 April 2011
Sponsored Links

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:14pm
:( we never had any wind problems since we put him on neocate.. we changed our method by rubbing bottom of tummy then rubbing up back but hmmmm not sure what else can help..hope she comes right soon:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:37pm
Ah that sucks, Spencer went on neocate at 4 months and we had no wind issues with it.

Maybe try feeding her more upright and see if that help and you might need to look into different teats/flow rates etc. Sorry not much help, hope it improves quickly for you

Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:46pm
Thanks, i will try rubbing her tummy, feeding her more upright and maybe go back to a no 2 teat instead of a no 3 and see if any of them helps.
SophiasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SophiasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2009 at 8:55pm
Sophia used to get quite bad wind and is also on neocate. I used infacol in her bottles for quite a while and also used the naturopharm Colimed spray before and after feeds.

KitKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KitKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 9:51am
Just an idea- Locks HATED the taste of one of the many formulas we tried- and he would kind of muck around when feeding- and take in/swallow more air at the same time. Thus resulting in more wind.
Dunno the answer.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 10:31am
well neocate does taste awful!!!
Mum to two amazing boys!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 1:37pm
Yeah we call it "potato juice" cos it tastes like raw potato, Spencer loves it though and asks for him milk each morning. Rather him that me

Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:10pm
Hey Jezsika how come gripe water isn't good if they have reflux? Eva has reflux and is on ranitidine but we have been using gripe water.... opps

I might try the infacol and see if that helps.

Cuppatea Eva spewed the other day and my brother said it smelt like potatoes

Is Spencer allergic to dairy, do they think he will grow out of it? (just curious because he is two and still on neocate, our paed said Eva should grow out of it around 1 hopefully).
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:28pm
Yep he is, also allergic to eggs and peanuts. His reaction to it has lessened though, he's been skin prick tested a few times. At his last test he actually didn't come up to it at all, or to eggs was just peanuts that still came up so doc said we could start introducing, which we did, but unfortunately he still has a delayed reaction. Is ok with small amounts in baking, but comes up even if we over do that.
Spencer has been on neocate advance for about 12 months which is the toddler one, still smells like potato. He only has milk first thing though so a tin lasts about a week and a half and after 12 months we started using rice milk for his cereal instead of formula. The paed actually said we could wean him off it altogether as he doesn't need to be having any sort of milk to supplement his diet but I still have a whole load of tins in the cupboard and he always asks for his milk first thing so have just kept giving it to him.

3-5 is average to out grow but some do out grow earlier, fingers crossed your little girl is one of the and eliminating dairy like you are doing is suppose to help them out grow it quicker.

kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:53pm
Mel&Kel, I also have an Eva who is on Neocate .
I'm not much help though, as she's not had any problems with wind or reflux. Hope things improve for your daughter soon.

Mel&Kel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel&Kel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 10:29am
Wow Cuppatea I hope he grows out of it, good that the reaction is less now though, I guess that is a sign that he will hopefully grow out of it.

Eva had a skin prick test and came up with no allergies at all. Our paed said he thinks she just can't process the protein and would have the same reaction to eggs, peanuts and soy milk. I however ate all of them while BF and she only seemed to have a reaction to dairy.

It is awesome that he loves the taste and asks for the milk every morning!

kabe - what an excellent choice of name that you picked
 Post Reply Post Reply