FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy boy & his feeding..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 8:22pm
Hi, firstly feeding 3 hourly is perfectly normal, mine still feeds 3 hourly during the day but goes a bit longer at night 4-6 hours. Until about a month a go he was feeding 2 hourly during the day and 3 hourly at night.

We have had a bit of a battle with our sleeping as well, one thing I would suggest trying is to stay with him until he falls asleep and try patting or rubbing him to calm him down so that he feels secure in his cot then eventually he should learn to settle himself in there without your presence. There sleep pattern is 45 mins and it is after the first 10 mins they go into REM sleep so it may be that he is waking up before getting into that really deep sleep.

Our sleeping problem was with daytime sleeps, he wouldn't sleep for more than 45mins, we went to a plunket family centre they were really lovely and we haven't fixed it totally but it is getting a lot better. It was only a week ago that we went.

Anyway hope that helps a bit

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12