FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVegetable Fritters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fairsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vegetable Fritters
    Posted: 18 May 2008 at 4:02pm
I made these last night with leftover vege from the night before, and they were delicious, plus Xanda ate them which is a bonus.

1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated vege
some grated cheese
1 egg white

Mix the flour, bp, and salt together and then add the milk and beat until smooth. Add the vege and cheese.

In a seperate bowl beat the egg white until stiff. Add the egg white to the vege mixture.

Heat some oil in a frying pan. Drop tablespoons of the mixture into the frying pan and cook until golden, then turn and cook the other side.
Sponsored Links

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 4:47pm
Those sound really good! I'm going to give them a go!

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 6:04pm
Yum, I might give these a go as well. About how much does the mixture make? Enough for 2 people? If you use the left over vege - did you grate it or just mush it up a bit?
fairsk8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairsk8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 3:07pm
Yip enough for 2 people, next time I will double it though as Xanda ate so many there wasn't really enough.

I kind of grated the left overs, as well as I could anyway.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 4:24pm
could i use the whole egg instead of just the white?

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 7:29pm
Deb - I would, you just might need to add a bit more flour.
catcase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catcase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 9:56pm

Did this for tea tonite - great way to use leftovers and very yummy

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:38pm
I have made these a couple of times now. Jack loves them. I made a batch up, cooked some and then put spoonfuls on grease proof paper on a tray and then into the freezer. I pulled some frozen ones out the other day and then cooked them from frozen. Nice and easy for Jack's tea.
Lindsey

Post Reply Post Reply