FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTwins or Triplets or more!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221
Author
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 1:15pm
Congrats on the arrival of your girls Manz! Hope you're all settling in at home now.

Congrats Mon! I found out at my 12 week scan too. I don't have any other kids but can't imagine you would need to change much right now. You will be entitled to 240 hours (I think that's the amount) of homehelp which you can use for a cleaner or nanny etc when the twins arrive. I know some people use student nanny's for this cos they are cheaper. I've also heard there is a decent amount of paperwork to get it sorted so might be worth getting that started with WINZ.
Sponsored Links

Lorin107376 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorin107376 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 7:25pm
Hi guys new to these things im pregnant with twins due in april have a 2 and 4 yr old how is every1 elses pregnancy going any advice still scared as im a single muma
Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 4:04pm
Hi. Just dripping my toes in here. I have 2 kids- aged nearly 6 and 3 and found out yesterday that I am pregnant with twins. This pregnancy was a complete surprise so still getting over the shock of twins (there is no history on either side of the family). At the this stage its very early days- only 5w 4ds- only reason I had an early scan was to get an ETD but thought she was joking when she found 2 sacs. They could see 2 sacs and an embryo and yolk sac within each one and I have to have a scan in 3 weeks to check all is OK. 

Would someone be able to tell me at what stage I should know if they share a placenta?
Very,very tired at the moment and not sleeping very well at night as I can't seem to relax. Also the constant hunger.

Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:22am
Congrats Mum2ET! I so know that feeling of shock (even though twins run in my family and I suspected I was still shocked). I think they should be able to see how many placenta's there are by 7 weeks.

Get used to scans, you'll have A LOT! You'll also get referred to an OB - standard practice for multiple pregnancies but you can also have an independent midwife if you wish.

I was starving for the whole first trimester and ate all the time to ward of the nausea but still lost weight and yep the tiredness is crazy, I used to leave work early to go home and sleep!

There's a great Facebook page for parents of multiples with lots of support (NZMBA) and also a page for buying/selling twin stuff at great prices cos we all understand how expensive having multiples is (NZ BUY/SELL/SWAP TWIN CLOTHES/TOYS)

Welcome to the crazy, amazing world of multiples :-)

Mum2ET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mum2ET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 1:45pm
Thanks Danda. I think it all kind of hit me this morning and after doing the school run I couldn't stop crying.
I spoke to my MW and luckily she had plenty of experience delivering twins so is still able to my MW and will refer me to the hospital OB further down the track.

Think I will wait until I have a scan at 8 wks and if everything still looks OK will check out the NZMBA page :-)
Mum to
Ella (5) and Tom (2)
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 7:26pm
I hear ya. I cried for 2 days after finding out, hubby couldn't understand why I wasn't over the moon. That said, multiples are awesome, hard work but the special moments make up for it.

Cool that your MW is experienced with twins, that will make a huge difference.
Chic_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chic_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 5:48pm
Hi Everyone. Have just found out that I'm 8+3 with twins. Totally shell-shocked as I also have a 6 month old daughter.... Is there a Facebook multiples group by any chance?
Danda08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danda08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:10am
Congrats Chic_Geek! Busy times ahead for you!

Here is the link to the NZ Multiple Birth Facebook page - awesome group of people
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/NZMBA/

And here is a link to the Multiple Birth Buy & Sell Page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/123166521216143/

You will be entitled to homehelp through WINZ once the babies arrive as you already have an under 5 year old.
Emu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2013 at 9:14pm
I am having a big Facebook break so may check in here every now and then. My Identical twin boys Matteo and Elliot are 13 months. Congrats to all the newly pregnant twin Mums :)
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 10:48am
Hey, I thought I post an update here, I am now a mum to 3 yr old twin girls and a newborn (arrived July 2013), another little girl. We are dealing with behaviour issues with the twins since the baby has arrived, I hope it'll get better with time. How is everyone?
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
Kels152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2013 at 9:39am
Congrats on your latest addition Hibiscus! How are the behaviour probs going?

Congrats to those who have recently had twins, and who have found out they are pregnant with twins! How are you all going?

Our twin girls turned 1 a couple of months ago and I am loving this age. They are so much fun and learning so much every day. Not walking yet but not far away! We are having trouble with one getting a bit jealous of the other at the moment, every time I go to pick up Isabella Ruby will come racing over crying for me to pick her up and starts climbing all over me. Isabella has bad eczema so we have been spending a bit of time comforting her lately and constantly putting on creams etc. Trying to give Ruby her own special time too and pick her up first etc so she feels special. Also having a prob with fighting already!! They do the usual fighting over toys but Ruby is a real bully and is always hitting Isabella in the face with toys etc...Anybody else have this prob?
smiliemum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiliemum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2013 at 3:59pm
I just thought i would say hi to everyone, I have a son who has just turned 1, and am expecting identical twins 12 July 2014. It was a bit f a shock as there are no twins in the family, but we are very excited and hoping the pregnancy continues to go as well as it is doing :)
tams_munchkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tams_munchkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 10:04am
Hi, I have 5 kids already and am expecting identical twins, due 8th july. Exciting and scarey!
Bridget Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:42pm
Hi, not me but my sister is pregnant with twins due in next month. It's her first time and we're all very excited.
mumoftwins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumoftwins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:48pm
Congrats to your sister!

It is a fun ride having twins :)

Best thing you can do is be there for her...... let her moan and vent, make her cups of coffee/tea or Milo..whatever without asking and do those boring housework jobs for her when you visit (before and after the babies arrive!!!)I remember my MIL's frozen meals and my SIL arriving one day with lunch and a box of nappies when our boys were 4 weeks old! The rest is mostly a blur even though we had pretty easy babies!

Stephen200374 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen200374 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 6:26pm
I am just breathtaking by some people stories. That must be great wanting to have more and more kids. My wife is pregnant with our first child now and I am struggling how to support her) I just want to say that you people make our planet happier by bringing new people!
KathyAhern209695 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAhern209695 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2016 at 2:27am
Congrats Stephen!
You are a good husband,it's really important to get prepared for the new baby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221