FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Threenagers"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Threenagers"
    Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:33am
OMG, I am at my wits end. Charlotte turned 3 a couple of weeks ago and since then, she has been absolutely horrible.

I am really struggling with her, as is DH. We are having to used raised voices an awful lot, plenty of counting to 3 (which she has clicked on now that she can wait till 2.5 then start doing what we required). She will literally dump on the floor what she doesn't want anymore, whether it be toys, rubbish, food and despite us asking her to pick it up she simply won't. Time out is being utilised quite heavily also.

She is also sleeping very badly, tossing and turning, is very clingy and cries at the drop of a hat. Nothing has really changed except that we do have another baby on the way and she has turned 3.

What happened to my well behaved daughter? Help!

Sponsored Links

monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 10:10am
big hugs to you firstly. this probably isnt of too much help but i looked after my sisters kids (2.5 and 7) for most of last year and they were really good. they are now with my sis at home or in day care now so i dont see them as much as i was but the youngest one turned into a complete monster a couple of months ago for no apparent reason. this was quite a bit after all the big changes so we couldnt really figure it out although looking from an outside view my sister has had a lot on at work (in terms of stress not extended hours) and the more strung out she gets the mosre the youngest reacts to it if that makes sense. i think at that age they are getting a bit clever and maybe you could try something to replace counting to 3 for a while although i dont know what. and maybe it is just her picking up on you being tired, or slightly more on edge, or worried, or excitied, or just anything different? sorry probably not helpful but hopefuly she will snap out of it soon and you will have your angel back :)

Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2009 at 4:33pm
Sorry I dont think I have any words of advise but I can fully sympathise with you!

Keira was always such a good little girl, we thought we had totally missed the terrible twos... and then she turned 3. It was almost like over night she turned into a little monster and some day I still struggle with her. Tantrums started as well as the talking back not listening.. blah blah blah.

I was also just pregnant with Maddi too so maybe she was picking up that something was slightly different (lovely age gap though!) I figured she was getting bored at home definitely ready to start kindy, wanting to be miss independent but still needed our help with everything and she started being able to outsmart us.

We have just had to stick with the disciplining and try extra hard to keep her busy. Its tiring and I am really hoping she will grow out of it soon! I am now holding out for the fantastic fours

Eta, Keira's biggest problem is she always seems tired and its almost impossible to get them to sleep more. Occasionally she will have a few good nights sleeps and she's a different girl.

Edited by Daizy

Post Reply Post Reply