FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPlaces to breastfeed in the Auckland CBD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Places to breastfeed in the Auckland CBD?
    Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:16pm
Hi guys
I'm visiting Auckland for a couple of days this week and am hoping some of you locals can point me in the direction of good places to breastfeed in the CBD. Does SMith and Caughy have a parents room?? Are there any cafes with comfy chairs etc that would be good for feeding?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links

mummyofprinces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummyofprinces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 9:20pm
The westfields has a parents room.... not sure about smith and caughy. To be honest I never really fed in town only a couple of times and always in the westfields....

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 10:12pm
Sorry, I came in to see if anyone had responded with suggestions.

I just feed wherever I am at the time. But would be nice to know if there are good breastfeeding spaces anywhere

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
Raspberryjam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raspberryjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:48am
there are loads of cafes in the cbd - esquires have couches there is one on customs street, at the bottom of queen st and one on the corner of albert and quay streets, but if your intending to go shopping in the CBD its rubbish your better of going to newmarket - 277 (on broadway is awesome) and they will have nice feeding rooms
http://lilypie.com]
MrsJMcD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:58am
Thanks guys.
Raspberryjam, I'm heading in to Queen St to catch up with some work colleagues - if it was shopping I was after i'd definitely be looking out in Newmarket...I might catch the bus out there after!
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:18pm

Smith & Caugheys have a lovely area (rest area) in their ladies rest room - that is seperate from toilets and ideal for breastfeeding.

SeasideMama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeasideMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 7:51pm
The public library on Lorne st has a mothers room with couch etc. You need to ask someone from the front desk to let you in to it so only actual mums will be using it!
yermasyada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yermasyada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by MummyFreckle MummyFreckle wrote:

Smith & Caugheys have a lovely area (rest area) in their ladies rest room - that is seperate from toilets and ideal for breastfeeding.

You beat me too it Used those couches a few times
Jacqui184254 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacqui184254 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 9:05am
Hi everyone

Tomorrow, 19th July we are holding a 'Breastfeeding in the City' working group meeting in the Auckland Town Hall Board room, 11.30am until 12.30. We would welcome mums and dads who are living, working and recreating in the city to give your perspective of the facilities, or lack of facilities in Auckland CBD.

The Waitemata Local Board are working towards a UNICEF Child Friendly City registration for Auckland and we need everyones input to make this a reality for families and their kids.

Please contact me if you would like more information.

Jacqui Arnold,
Plunket Project Manager
Phone Mob: 027 486 4206

anna265476 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna265476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 9:24pm
If you have frequent migraines then try this Blessed CBD gummies . This oil helped me very much because I had problems with headaches. I suffered for a long time and no pills helped me. Only this oil helped me get rid of migraines.
 Post Reply Post Reply