FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvenflo Symphany 65 Car seat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 12:48pm
The Evenflo doesn't tether rearfacing, so no lifting hefty (or not so hefty) bubs over annoying tether straps

Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 4:24pm
That was a deciding factor in getting it. I had a SNS carseat and it was a PITA RF with the tether. DD is 90th+%ile for weight since maybe 2mo so she's darn heavy and I'm not a big/strong woman so about a month after getting the SNS I got the Evenflo one. Also helped to just have one for each car. SNS weight limit RF was 12kg which DD was by 15mo.

I am however looking at getting a Radian providing it will fit in the car as I think it is a bit longer than the Evenflo which I've retested in the car and only just fits RF fully reclined with my seat as far forward as I can have it. No chance of it being on the LHS as DP has his seat as far back as it goes - unless he sits in the back.
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 6:02pm
Of course, caughtknee, i'm pleased you found something that suits you. I wasnt so much pimping the radian as pimping a carseat without that freaking tether strap to manouver. I hated mine with a passion!
red1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 7:50pm
Algud Bowie!!!!   Such a Trivial thing carseats, there'll be plenty more decisions on what else to buy for our bubbas before they can buy it themselves im sure!!
shellgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shellgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 9:48pm
High9, we tried, but had no chance getting the radian in our car rearfacing (Mazda 3) without the passenger seat too far forward so that was a major reason for going with the symphony. My DH is 6 foot 6 so he needs the front seat back a decent way. Later I googled radian install in mazda 3 and found most people had a similar problem (unless they were prepared to put the front seat right forward). If you google your car type it might give you an idea if it is worth trying the radian.

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2011 at 10:44pm
Ah, our car is about the same if not smaller inside than a Mazda 3 (well the 2010 model anyway) so hmm!
chuffed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuffed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 4:56pm
I've installed an upright Radian in a number of Mazda 3's. The position behind passenger seat actually gave more room than the capsule. One click forward from furthest back. A friend's husband is 6ft5 and were told at her BOTM that it was installed correctly and neither of them could sit in the passenger seat. She came over and I installed mine in her car and it was easy - not sure how they couldn't get it nice and upright. Each BOTM franchise are different and have their own seats that they like best.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 4:59pm
I forgot to add, Emmi_ came around and her Radian fitted RFing in my Hyundai 2000 Accent.

Baby Factory don't stock the Evenflo Symphony anymore, I was told due to too many problems but their stockist is supposedly sending me new parts for my broken one... Almost 3 weeks later I am still waiting.
chickadeedoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickadeedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 10:17am
I have a evenflo and I like it.. The sticker label on mine says rear facing til 15kgs.. My son is 12 kgs so still have a bit more to go. I would have purchased a radian if our car would fit it (have had issues with carseats not fitting in our car correctly) and we had the money for it. We got our carseat on special so it was good.

[/URL]
Kate177085 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate177085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2015 at 2:54pm
Hey guys, the 9kg is a minimum before you can turn forward facing! I ran into the same problem and freaked out. Went into my local baby on the move and he said it is American wording that confuses people, the short of it is, it is supposed to be used tear facing until 15.8kg but is absolutely NOT to be used forward facing before 9kg. Same with the next weight limit. I.e it should not be used as a booster before 18kg but can be safely used with the harness until 36kg(? The next weight limit on the label) and then used as a booster after 36kg-46kg. Hope that helps. For the record. We have two of these and are just buying a third. LOVE them. My sister and some friends have the diono radian and I hate it. It is so much more fiddly with non self retracting latch system, no sliding harness and very angular. We started off with one evenflo symphony then when number two came along got a different smaller one and ended up re-purchasing another evenflo coz we hated it so much. We are now purchasing a third evenflo as a much needed spare. We have had our original ones polystyrene one snap in the skinny point by child's hip but it doesn't effect safety or use as it is only a comfort layer and not structural =)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12