FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593
Author
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2019 at 6:36am
Retrieval is done and dusted, we ended up getting 20 eggs so that was great! So much for low AMH... anyway, 17 were mature and 11 of those fertilised overnight so now we wait to see how many make it. But super happy as was really worried we would hardly get any. Got the full story from the nurse and they’re not sure of the exact protocol because my doc is away this week, but they’ll let me do FET next cycle. She estimated a $800 refund from this cycle with no transfer, but FET would be about $2000. So I imagine it must be medicated?! All that aside, pretty pleased that this part has gone so well even if we did end up even more delayed
Sponsored Links

*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 7:31am
Awesome work growing all those eggies Miswe! How many did you e d up getting in the freezer?

I’m off to get a laparoscopy on Friday to see if my endo has come back. Yay... not. The things we do on this journey huh.

Baby dust to all xo
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2019 at 8:39am
Hey Star!
We only ended up with 2 in the freezer despite all the eggs we managed to get. So that was disappointing. We’ve decided we won’t do another IVF/ICSI cycle if this doesn’t work so I was really hoping for some more. Transfer in a couple of weeks. Am pretty over it all tbh. The Progynova turns me into an impatient and angry mess... not helpful.

Good luck for your lap. Hopefully it comes back withgood news! X
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 12:53am
Oh Miswe, I totally get your frustration. But hopefully one of those embies is “the one”. Drugs are no fun, I think people who haven’t done IVF underestimate how hard the journey is mentally and on your relationship. Best of luck for your transfer, I have everything crossed for you.

My Laparoscopy today revealed only one small spot of endo... so it might have been a waste of time but at least the recovery shouldn’t be too bad.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 6:59pm
Oh gosh Miswe you must be so frustrated with that result. I know any to transfer/freeze is great (and two is great) but to lose so many. I hope all goes well with your transfer.

Star, great endo result. Hope recovery goes well.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 7:50am
Definitely super disappointing and frustrating. I’m so glad we do have 2. But just disheartened that we lost so many. I underestimated what this would be like and I thought I had a pretty good idea!

Hope recovery goes ok Star! What are your next steps?
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2019 at 9:28am
Thanks ladies. I’m all better now, back to normal 😊 we should be in for IVF in January, providing all goes to plan from here.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2019 at 6:53am
Glad to hear you’re back and better Star! Not long to go till Jan now either.

AFM I’m very tentatively pregnant. Positive home pregnancy tests and bloods tomorrow. Have to say the anxiety is hitting me big time and I’m finding it hard to believe that it could actually be true. Will see how the levels are tomorrow, had to talk myself off a ledge of just taking myself down to labtests for a blood draw yesterday...
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 9:56am
Wow, Miswe - that’s exciting! Any updates? You must have had your two blood tests by now...?

My period this month was later than expected so my IVF is pushed out to feb now. Oh well. It will still come round quick enough I suppose.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2019 at 8:04pm
2 blood tests came back good, they sent me for a third last week as I had a bleed. So I’m crossing everything, but that first trimester anxiety is hitting me hard. Too good to be true is the feeling I keep having! First scan next week. Then might ask for a 9 week scan just to ease anxiety....

That’s a shame it’s been pushed out Star. At least it’s a time of year that tends to move fast but it’s still hard waiting!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 8:02am
I understand Miswe. It’s to be expected when you have tried for so long with no success. When I finally got pregnant with my daughter I was in denial / certain something would go wrong - it even really annoyed me when people asked if I was excited. I calmed down eventually... and I’m sure you will too. I really hope it’s all smooth sailing from here xo
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 10:11pm
That’s definitely me. I think as well, since we have the pleasure of knowing the struggles we’re so much more aware of just what can go wrong. I know I felt the same with my daughter as well. I think I got better heading into the third trimester once you had lots of movement. Before that I was a wreck. Hoping it would be better this time since I am much more busy! But definitely still dragging and feeling like a wreck!
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2019 at 4:33am
Fingers crossed all goes well Miswe! I found second time to be better, having successfully carried to term once, and being so busy with a toddler. Each milestone is still quite nerve wracking though.
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2020 at 2:38am
Happy new year all. I hope 2020 is your year!
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 8:36am
And to you, Star!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 9:40am
Hey ladies, I hope 2020 is treating you well.

How many weeks are you now Miswe? I hope it’s all been going okay so far!

We did our IVF with ICSI in Feb. Got 11 eggs, 8 fertilised, 4 frozen and one fresh transfer which has resulted in a BFP! 6.5 weeks now, had a scan today and saw the heartbeat which was pretty cool.

Baby dust to all xx
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 7:36am
Great news Star, congratulations! Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy.

Hoping everyone is safe and hunkering down in the current environment.
Miswe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miswe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2020 at 2:00am
Congratulations Star! Awesome news and I’m so glad you also got in before everything shut down!

I’m 21 weeks now. It’s going much faster and also much slower at the same time! It’s certainly been eventful, I’ve had a lot of bleeds including several really big ones a few weeks ago. They haven’t been able to find anything so I’m just counting days till we’re “viable” and hoping it was a freak occurrence. Considering my first pregnancy was super smooth it’s been unnerving this time around having so many things happen!
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 10:00am
Anyone around for a check in? Thinking of you all.
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2020 at 7:30am
Hey ADN I’m checking in... hope all is well with you and your family. I’m due at the end of next month - we are expecting a boy which is pretty exciting. DD will be almost 4 when he arrives and is VERY excited (although I fear this will change when she realises she doesn’t get our undivided attention anymore 😬). How are your two going? Has your older one settled into sync with her little sister?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 591592593