FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTermination for medical reasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
LP pka Rainyday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2016 at 8:21pm
Yeah my friend is very open but even she said, she feels like it's an elephant in the room. Kind of refreshing though.
Oh that's awful that DH had to explain that, sounds like it was good you weren't there. Yikes.

Might have to lurk on you in the IVF thread then!

Yes, we secured a rental today which is a weight off my mind!! Now the planning to actually move which might be happening when I'm at a business conference in the gold coast! Bad timing but we'll make it work.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
DD born sleeping 09.05.16 22w5d
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 9:30pm
Crikey life has been crazy.

Today should have been my last day of work as I had planned a few weeks before due date. Not sure how I feel.about the pending due date.
Mostly feeling ok about things

How are you BC? Where are you at with ivf?
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2016 at 10:05pm
Hey chick. Huge hugs as the due date rolls around Hun. I won't lie it's not a fun time so
I'm sending you all the strength I can.

Yeah things here haven't been so hot lately. DH had a health scare, long story, and still 100% sure what caused it so we've been dealing with that. I'm picking it's all stress related. Ended up putting Ivf on hold (would've been in the thick of it now) as last weekend he had a meltdown and I just decided it's not worth wrecking us over right now. So yeah been a bit full on these past couple weeks. We haven't really talked about how he's feeling and at the start of the week I was quite worried about him but he seems to have brightened as its gone on. For now I'm just leaving it but will have to face the elephant in the room eventually. And it may mean we stop with the whole baby thing. I'm giving myself time to process that possibility before I approach the topic.
Needless to say the grief has been quite strong 🙄

How's the rental going?
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
IVF3 Angel baby born 22.3wks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 6:18am
Oh BC. My heart goes out to you both. We get thrown the curve balls one after the other after the other! Time for a break now universe come on!

Rental is ok. Plenty good enough for short term. Got to check out a finished model of our new house yesterday which was great

Collected Micah's casts yesterday and was a complete mess. Love looking at them now though. Hubby saw them but didn't touch. He said I'll have a look later and I thought it was because DS was there and just wanted to play with them so I got them out when he was a asleep thinking he'll have a touch but he just looked at me and said "I will in my own time"
I was so desperately wanting them I never stopped to think that hubby wouldn't be ready. I talked to him later on and he said he wants to be alone when he looks at them. That hurt my heart a little thinking about him being alone while doing that. But I understood.

Edited by LP pka Rainyday - 22 August 2016 at 6:19am
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 6:20am
I think that the reason why that hurt was it gave me a little insight into how much hubby is still hurting. I wear my emotions on the outside and while I know he still grieves I didn't realise how much.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 8:12pm
Oh hun. I so get how you're feeling. I was a wreck when I got the photos of Paige. DH hasn't even looked at them - that I'm aware of. He's happier just putting that in it's place and that's it. Although after his wee meltdown I'm wondering how he is actually coping. Hard to see them hurting as much as us huh. Everyone worries about the mother a lot of the time but then it's also the bloke who has to deal with it too.

My cousin-in-law and I caught up last week. She and my cousin have lost 4 pregnancies - 3 at the 16-20wks mark and one later on. I can't begin to imgaine......but my point is that she said their grief worked out quite well as she would cry every day for 3-4 months and then start to feel better and once that happened he would have his moment. Timing worked that she was a lot stronger to be there for him when he wasn't ok any more. If that makes sense.
They ended up not having children. All 4 were unrelated issues with those 1 in 100,000 type statistics.

Anywho..I'm stoked you got to see your house model. That's super exciting.

Things are better in our house this week. Still haven't had a conversation about anything major but we'll have to soon. Quite nice just to 'be'. I have moments where I think I can handle this no kids thing and then others where I just get so gutted about what my life is going to look like. Stupid thing is I worry most about what life will be like when I'm old and have no kids to look after me. And people look at you in a different light if you don't have children...like you're weird or something.
Gah - thinking about it does my head in!

TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2016 at 8:10pm
Gosh, that's tough for your cousin-in-law. So many ppl walk a hard road and we mostly ahve no clue.
Have you had that conversation with DH? I hope it was a gentle one at the least. The head talk drives you mad doesn't it?

3 more sleeps til due date and we have our follow up appointment at the hospital on the same day. I rang at 9 weeks post partum and there was no report so no appointment had been made, finally rang again last week and the response was "Do you want a follow up?" I couldn't say no to the appointment on Thursday as I didn't want to have to wait any longer and I'd already applied for leave. One upside is the appointment is local.

I'm struggling, I just want these next few days over and done with.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LP pka Rainyday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2016 at 2:08pm
So we're on the otherside of all that now (at least what I last posted about).
A really tough week full of emotion. We were not told anything new about Micah's condition, it was "bad luck".
Feeling good with the start of a new week and focusing on the future now.
6 MC angels
DS born 04.01.14
GEONC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEONC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2016 at 5:15pm
Here's to your new future!!! Xx
babycrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2016 at 8:54pm
Hi ya. Sorry I went awol. Would PM but where the heck has that gone since I was last on here?

Glad you've had that appt over with and can think about the future. It's amazing how that gives closure even if no answers as to why.

So we had our conversation. It sucked. Was very very hard. DH basically said that he felt he should 'set me free' because he didn't want to do another ivf and didn't want to be the one holding me back. I refused that offer lol. I'm not about to chuck 12 years out the door over having a baby. So we've ceased ttc. He's open to trying foster care but for now we're just being us. For me that means remembering what it was like to live a normal life. I won't say it's a walk in the park and I hold onto some hope that one day the universe will bless us with a child somehow. I still grieve every day for Paige. I wish things didn't end like they did. And it makes me angry. Anywho due to us not ttc anymore I ceased the forum. Just checked in here because I'd been thinking of you.
Hope you're doing ok hun xx Will lurk around and check in here but if you want to keep in touch my email is stackyb@hotmail.com seeing as we can't seem to do the PM thing any more.
TTC since Oct 2009
4 x DI's failed
IVF1 CP & MC
IVF2 CP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314