FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedthe wait

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the wait
    Posted: 01 April 2010 at 10:25am
Hi ladies just wondering what the longest length of time is between finding out your baby is no longer and the actual miscarriage is for you? It generally seems to be quite short....?
Sponsored Links

AzzaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzzaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 10:56am
Mine was very short, I found out my HCG levels had dropped on the Thursday and I started bleeding on the Friday afternoon.

http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com
lemongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 1:15pm
First of *hugs* if you are going through this.

The answer is that it really does depend. A woman from my due in thread started miscarrying at the same time as me and took 3-4 weeks. She was offered a D&C but wanted to go the natural way.
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:07pm
i found out 4 weeks after bubs had died and had a Dand c almost a week after that..so at least 5 weeks for me.. but I was worried about infection so had DandC and it was much more preferable to my natural mc:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
luvmylittlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmylittlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 4:22pm

It really depends on the person I think.  I found out at the 13 weeks scan that I'd lost the baby at 8 weeks then after waiting another 4 weeks I asked for a D&C which happened a week later.  So all up it was 10 weeks and I still hadn't miscarried naturally.

Adoring Mum to Talisin 8/9/11 and Kiara 18/01/10
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 4:49pm
Thanks your all really friendly in here :D
I'm on my 6th week of waiting...it's just the not knowing when is hard but nice to still have my baby with iykwim??? My doc hasn't offered a d&c he has offered a pill to induce mc though
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 5:40pm
I don't want to alarm you but that might be dangerous.

I have been sitting here scratching my head, but I don't really know what to say as I tend to say really stupid things and I don't want to offend you.

First of all, I am very very sorry for your loss.

Second of all, I really think you should get on to your doctor immediately about either a d&c or the pill to induce mc as not having a live foetus inside you for that long could be dangerous to your health.   

Someone please correct me if this is wrong, as I really don't want you to be alarmed if I'm not right about this.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 5:52pm
My mc's have been fast. Some people tend to hold onto it though if that makes sense.

The pill is probably misoprostal which is very effective and I think I'd much rather that over a dnc
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 5:53pm
I m/c naturally a day after having the scan, I should have been 7 weeks but was only measuring 5, so it took me 2 weeks to m/c really.

6 weeks seems a long time to wait *hugs* maybe just ceck with your Dr whether its safe to wait any longer.

Im so sorry your going through this :(

jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 5:58pm
I asked him he said he had a woman who mc 10 weeks after the baby died....? Thats far and away the longest I have ever heard of he said there's no risk which I have to admit sounds strange
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 6:05pm
i think what mamanee is refering to is if it is later in pregnancy, say 2nd trimester.

definitely talk to your doctor is you are worried at all but i am pretty sure many different factors would come into how long..

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

i think what mamanee is refering to is if it is later in pregnancy, say 2nd trimester.

definitely talk to your doctor is you are worried at all but i am pretty sure many different factors would come into how long..

Yeah, that is what I meant.   And that is only because I saw something like that on Private Practice, so no actual knowledge really.    
ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 6:27pm
for me the DandC was preferable as no risk of retained anything..and also i didnt want to take such a strong pill really.. but i also never got offered it..not sure why:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 7:10pm
Its not actually such a "strong pill", its actually for stomach ulcers I think (or something random like that) but one of the side effects is that it causes abortions. I think its a dhb thing as to whether or not its offered or how often. Just like in Palmy you get given fentnyl (sp?) instead of pethidine in labour
jjands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 7:53pm
thanks for the info I just really wasn't sure I don't know anything about mc's and what to expect all my gp said was be prepared for alot of pain and possibly having to travel out of town to a larger hospital when it happens. Sounds scary :(
I think your right about it being a dhb thing but I do know other girls who have been sent out of town from here for d&c's...
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 7:58pm
*hugs*

So sorry to hear of your loss.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 8:13pm
How far along were you? Bit harsh for the GP to scare you like that. My mc's weren't at all painful for the actual mc part, it was just like a heavy period.
Rubyrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubyrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 8:14pm
jjands,
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I was told it could take anywhere from a couple of days to 4-8 wks later to naturally miscarry.
Due to me working I didnt really want to go through the miscarriage at the office and be freaked out when it did happen - you can be prepared but I would imagine i would be quite upset and the people that I work with arent the most pleasant....

I have just had my D&C today, they gave me the misoprostal about 1/2 hr before the proceedure which brought on cramping.
It was over pretty quickly and the staff at the DHB were all lovely (wish the fertility people were that nice)!
Due to me being older it was a factor in having it done asap so that we can continue with our fertility treatment.

If you are worried see you doctor or MW they are there to support you and the MW can arrange a D&C if you want one.

Again so sorry for your loss
TTC#1 Jan 07
Me 39 DP 41 MFI
DI#1&2 Sep & Oct 09 BFN
DI#3 Feb 10 BFP - mc @ 9wks
DI#4 Jul 10 - BFN
DI#5 Aug 10 - BFP - chem pg
IVF #1 Aug/Sept 11 - BFP - chem pg
WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 11:51pm
Sorry for your loss

When I MCed I had no pain at all. The only reason I knew I was MC'ing was cos I had spotting and then bleeding. I had that for 10 days before I finally decided that I was over waiting for it to end naturally so asked for a D&C.
I had pain after the D&C was done, normal AF kinda pain.

If I were you I'd be asking for a second opinion or speak to your MW. I dont think its fair for you to be left in the lurch and have to continue to deal with it on your own.
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
rachelsea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 11:55am
Sorry for your loss
When I m/c I started bleeding at 7.5wks pregnant, went for a scan to find the pregnancy hadn't progressed past 5.5wks. Then I bled off and on (ie 2-3day breaks from bleeding every 10days or so) for another 2months I wasn't offered a D&C, didn't know about them, but I probably would have had one if I'd been offered because bleeding for 2months isn't a lot of fun...

I hope you don't have to wait too much longer

Edited to add: I didn't have any pain either.

Edited by rachelsea
DD 4yrs
DS 2yrs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>