FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby brain help - music boxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby brain help - music boxes
    Posted: 02 July 2009 at 9:39pm
Thought I would stick this here so I can get a good response

We have a mobile which has been fantastic for Jack, has a wee light he can turn on and 4 different types of music (actual mobile part was taken off quite some time ago so just the music box).

Anyway... as his wee present from Ava he is getting a new music box that can sit on his bedside table next to his big boy bed - since the mobile has to stay with the cot.

he's quite attached to having something he can turn on himself etc, but can't for the life of me find a music box that kids can turn on themselves that plays for 10-20 minutes and that will actually stand upright instead of being attached to a cot.

Can someone please help this nappy-brained mother? TIA
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 10:15pm
Alia has a tiny cd player. She always starts her nursery rhyme cd at #7 which I think is incy wincy spider! Plays for about that length of time. I turn it off at the wall when I go to bed & used to turn it on when she went to bed but she can do that now.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 2:13am
Hey Emz - I bought Lucas a Playskool MP3 player for his 2nd birthday, managed to get it on TM for $40 brand new (I think they can retail anywhere up to $150ish when we got it, prob could find it well reduced in all the toy sales atm) - you can load songs onto it via your computer like a normal MP3 player, and it comes with 50 or so preloaded songs and different modes (like playtime, sleep time etc). Its really easy to use and has light up colours. It is Lucas' favorite toy/belonging - he certainly wouldn't be without it. I can't recommend it highly enough.

It comes with a cover if you want to attach it to something lke a cot, but normally it just stands up on its own. Really easy for kids to use, espesh as they get older and can phathom how to change modes etc. The big button in the middle (which lights up rainbow colours when music is playing) changes the song etc.

Here's a link to the product so you can have a read/looksie - Playskool Made For Me MP3
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2009 at 8:49pm
Thanks Steph, that looks awesome! Off to scout a cheap one...
 Post Reply Post Reply