FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFavourite Brands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favourite Brands
    Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:15pm
What brands of Ovulation kits and HPTs is everyone using?

We bought the clearblue digital ovulation kit for this month- it was really easy to use and really clear but cost an absolute FORTUNE. If we don't concieve this month we'll try another brand next time.

I have used Crystal clear (you can apparently use it 7 days after ovulation & being the impatient nut I am I wanted to test as early as possible!), First Response and Discovery one step and the Clear blue ones. I wanna try the clear blue digital one too - the one that says 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' rather than the lines. I hate the squinting up at the window desperately trying to see that second blue/pink line.

Just interested to see which ones everyone else prefers :)
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

Sponsored Links

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:21pm
I got mine off Trade Me which were the real basic dip stick ones, almost nothing but a sliver of paper (both OPKs for catching that LH surge and HPTs for after) ! They worked *just* fine though, had no trouble seeing both lines whatsoever LOL I did however, wind up doing two of those, then buying a Clear Blue HPT the next day and doing that as well Would have loved to do a digital one, but wasn't really aware of them at the time - that will just have to wait as there is no hiding the fact I'm pregnant now LMAO I've probably tried other brands, just can't remember now hehehe...
Jacquie - Mama to Erin, 13.07.06 - Chief Cat Chaser & Marmite Sammie Eater

Love many, trust few, harm none. ~Anon~
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:26pm
I just had a look at those ones jax- they look fine, as long as they do the job! I will definitely get those if things dont work out this time.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 7:30am
We used the ones off Trade Me the first cycle after my M/C and conceived straight away.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 10:41am
I got my OPKs off trademe but i went international for HPTs because they worked out to be sooo much cheaper. Apparently its illegal to sell HPTs on trademe etc just do a search for HPTs in google and look for a site that will ship to NZ
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 4:58pm
It's not illegal but I think you have to have a special certification to sell them, and the lady I bought my OPK + HPT's off had it, I made her show me Can't remember her username though, d'oh !

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 7:17pm
Really? i got told it was illegal i believed it coz when i looked for HPTs on there, there were none lol

I do still recommend getting them from overseas its actually so much cheaper than here
jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 7:42pm
This one is due to expire soon, but is a good example of what I mean:

Linky

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 9:12pm
Thanks for the ideas guys! I just did a search and found a site that does pregnancy tests for 85 cents (american) each! If we aren't lucky this month I am sooo getting them through there

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:35am
Ohhh gotcha so they mean that they cant sell via auction...

Jen keep looking i think there are some that are 65 cents american
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:39am
www.accuratepregnancytests.com
www.testsforless.com
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:07pm
Sweet-Even better! Thanks for that :)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 10:53am
No worries i know how expensive it gets lol i think when i got pregnant i had 80 OPKs and 18 HPTS lol sold them on tho
narsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote narsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 8:50am
how much is the digital one? is it one you can use more than once? anyone?
thanks
***OMG Im Late - Testing on the 15th***
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 1:26pm
Digital Pregnancy Tests i think are about $20 if not a little more, i dont think they can be used again either. I never bothered with pharmacy tests i got my stick one +, then i went to the supermarket and got the little clearblue and that was +.
narsha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote narsha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 6:03pm
Oh ok so the two test one from other brands works out cheaper then.
thanks for that
***OMG Im Late - Testing on the 15th***
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 12:04pm
Yeah the digital one you can only use once as well. The good thing about them is they say pregnant or not pregnant so you don't have to worry about interpreting whether there is a second little line there or not. Works out very expensive if you have to buy them alot though! My chemist down the road sells them for $26.95.

Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 9:11pm
I've just ordered this stuff called preseed from the states and it is like KY but it is like fertile mucus so helps the 'boys' get to where they're supposed to be going. We're gonna give it a go next time we try (when ever that is!). I also got 2 free HPTs with it Had heard a few good things about it so thought we may as well give it a go!

Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

jax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 9:29pm
I've heard of it but never tried it, but what I have heard has been good - especially for women with physical problems (like vaginosis etc) that would make sex painful even though they were desperately TTC, a lot of them were using it (I was briefly a member of a TTC group on livejournal.com when we were 'just thinking' about trying LMAO).

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 10:27am
Yep i tried it and hubby hated it found it tooo wet ya know? Didnt do anything magical for us lol just felt icky lolol alot of women like it though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>