FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedanyone have 2 babies and left there hubby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone have 2 babies and left there hubby
    Posted: 02 March 2010 at 11:35am
how did you go about it money wise etc? and where they old enought to scream for there dad all the time?
Sponsored Links

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 11:46am
In what respects of money wise?

Go straight to WINZ and apply for a DPB. They should be able to get you onto an emergency benefit if it's happened suddenly.
Just make sure you have your birth cert, drivers licence, IRD number and a bank statement and a birth cert for each of the bubbas.

See if you can go stay with a family member until your benefit is up and running.

WINZ can also help you get into a house, they'll pay the bond for rent and can even set up your rent payments to come straight out of your benefit.

You will also be entitled to food grants which I would advise you use to get yourself up and running in the food department.

Can't help with wether or not the kids will ask about Dad sorry.

If you are worried about Dad or feel you may be in danger from him in some way, go straight to the Police and let them know the situation. They may be able to help you.

Hope that helps

Good luck.

BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 11:46am
Can't help, I"m afraid, but sounds like you need these

TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 11:52am
thanks mamapickle

thats wat i wanted to know to mum2mac.........my main concern is my son crying all the time cause dad isnt there......im going away in a few weeks for a week holiday with the kids and im gonna decide wat to do then.sort everything out.
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 12:43pm
I don't have children of my own but several friends have been in the same situation as you. They all said that their children seemed to take it in their stride and apart from wanting the other parent when they were mad or upset about something coped well with mummy and daddy not living together anymore.

RinTinTin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RinTinTin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 2:43pm
There are also some great books and websites and courses you can take about Parenting through Separation.

Try find these so you can get yourself prepared for any possible situation that might arise.

?Lolly? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ?Lolly? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 3:21pm
My son was only 5 months old when I left my abusive ex partner. Winz were great though, and I felt very supported by them.
Captain Chaos (5) & the Trouble Monsters (2!)
bun_in_the_oven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bun_in_the_oven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 5:16pm
guess you have to decide whats better in the long run... staying in an unhappy relationship or having your kids miss their Dad...

I know what i would choose.. Not an easy decision im sure.. but hope you find happiness in whatever you decide.

((((hugs))))

P.s... Children are resiliant and will ALWAYS cope with change
Good Luck
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 5:23pm
Be prepared for tantrums. When DH went to work in Oz when A was 4 she threw some wicked tantrums. Just be consistent & follow through & they'll soon learn that Mum's word is final.

Just also sit down & explain a light version of events to him, he might understand more than you realise.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 7:34pm
I hope everything works out and settles down for you........the hard part wont last forever.......you are very strong to be going it alone.......good on you, we are always here if you need to chat/vent/ask advice etc
julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 9:24pm
hey Tys mummy , i am a solo parent of one child altho a diffrent situation to you as my daughters father left me when i was pregnant so she barely knows her father (he's seen her 5 times and shes just about 8 months old ) anyway if you have any questions about the DPB or working and being a solo parent  etc feel free to pm me and ask (ill be going back to work very soon and im currently on maternity leave so i know a bit about the winz systems and what the entitlements are etc )  also if you just wanna chat feel free to PM me , being a solo parent certinly isnt always easy but its also certinly not impossible , as long as you have suportave friends and family you will no problem doing it alone. 
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 10:25am
thanks guys.....i tried to talk to my mum today and i knew wat would happen........she said H had been looking upset about something so i told her wat had been happening and she said to me that its probably cause the house is in a mess and the dishes arnt done......H has only one job and that is to do the dishes and im allergice to the chemicals in the liquid (you didnt need to know that) i just started crying and saying why cant he do the dishes and so that makes it ok to not care about your kids or want to be around them.....this is why i havent left befroe now........my parents paid for wedding (well most) and io cant handle the judging..that and i have no friends since i have been with H so im like on a boat just floating with no direction.........dont mind being by myself as im extrememly independet oh and the house was messy with toys but mother is a clean freak and we where only allowed one toy in the house growing up.......and i havent mowed lawns cause i have no money for petrol dammit........and to top it off ty goes into hosptial thursday for tonsitlies and more then likly has to stay the night which would be fine but i still BF so wat the hell im i going to do now...........my head hurts
palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 10:59am
Let me know if theres anything we can do to help
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 11:03am
TysMummy I have a 20 month old and a 2 and a half month old and have just separated from my husband so it sounds like we are in pretty similar situations although my children are younger.

Are you in a situation where your son will be maintaining contact with his Dad? If you are then what I've found / and what I've read is that it needs to be little and often in terms of visits at this age - it's hard for them to remember longer periods apart when they are young. It's also really important to reassure kids that their parents still love them. I'm trying really hard just to respond to my little guys need for extra cuddles and time with me. I'm also trying to keep everything super calm for both kids so that they have a fairly decent routine.

It's not particularly easy - but if it's the right decision for you then you will find a way through the hard bits. It's hard when other people are of the opinion that you should have stayed but in the end you know what is best for you.

Have you been to WINZ for a start? They can have money in your account the day after you see them if necessary. Secondly, what are your support systems like? You say there are no friends - but is there anyone you can talk to who lives nearby? What about finding out whether your Plunket has a group you can join? Even if it's just for a short while in order that you get to know some people.

You will get through this bit - hard as is it. And just remember there are loads of us on here in a similar position. PM if you need to chat.
TysMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TysMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 11:27am
yes kids will have contact with father (i hope) i dont want to take that away from him....nah i dont have anyone near by..........everyone i know is H friend ........... tried to talk to somone but she said its my fault things arnt working and to get my sh*t together.........i cant make H luv his children....im forever saying play with him talk to her smile and them put the psp down and play with the kids thats why there scremaing.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.then i nag to much.......luving kids shouldnt be a chore no matter how hard they are to deal with .........and i dont care if the house is messy im playing dressup with my kids so handle it people......when i go to bed everything is clean ....toilet is scrubbed clothes are folded and washed....
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 11:50am
Hugs chick, sounds like you are pretty stressed out about everything. Are there any Ohbaby folks out there you can meet up with just to vent?

As for the tody house...WTF? Who cares during the day, my mum says that there is no point rushing around tidying up after kids and wait til night time and you interacting with them is way more important!

Good luck and don't forget we are here for you.

Oct 11
Tassia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 12:01pm
Hi there, yes I have been there. My girls were 3 and newborn and I coped. we did eventually get back together and things werre great as he had sported himself out but then he passed away so I was on my own with our girls for quite some time...... I have now re married and have had 2 more daughters and all I can say is that you know in your heart what is right for you and the kids will benifit from seeing you happy. I did not want my girls raised with someone that was never there for them and that out weighed staying together for the sake of it.

I have kinda done it all, solo parenting is my forte in a way now. WINZ are great and help with the initial setup.... You will be surprised at who supports you when you make the decission though. Kids are so tough though, we really do not understand just how much they know. They see everything!
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 1:24pm
Hugs hun!   Haven't been by myself with two kids, but was a solo mum to my first child for nearly two years. It's bloody hard but you do get through it somehow.

If you ever want a coffee/chat and a playdate for Tyreece, Sam is the same age and I have lots of stuff for little boys to do. We are in Hamilton.
Shelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 7:42pm
I so know how you feel TysMummy. I separated from my DH 4 months ago when G was 11 months old and it sounds like it was a similar situation. My ex did what he chose when he chose, went out & partied, spent time playing his guitar and playstation and did no household chores. He only spent time with G when I made him (we had an arrangement he looked after he two arvos for 2 hours when I was at work and one full day a week) and complained coz it was boring and hard work and it took up his time off. Leaving him was not easy (despite what it sounds like above there was a few good bits to the relationship) but it was the best decision for me. G did struggle initially, mainly because he was very unreliable with keeping to the contact schedule. She had very bad separation anxiety for a few months but that seems to have passed now. I got some info on parenting through separation from the family court and relationship services, plus read some books from the library, and that helped me recognise how to help her get through it.

Big hugs - its not an easy time what ever decision you make.
cat007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 9:12pm
I know how you feel Tysmummy. I have been in the same boat now for the last 9 months. I left my ex due to him being abusive and moved to the opposite end of the country to be near family however he has since followed to be near the kids. WINZ and IRD have been fantastic in getting every support they possibly can give me. I have found that I need to be very vigilant in keeping ontop of them, making sure they dont change or decrease my payments but they always fix any changes they make. I do live on the skin of my back teeth financially but I survive each week somehow.

Initially I found it really hard with people not understanding and not getting the support I needed but there are some great organisations out there that can help. One that is in our area - and may be a similar one around yours is a place called Parents Aid, where they will help you with the kids, housework and advice. They are great just to talk to and help get things in perspective. Another great place that I went to was woman's refuge, although I didnt use them to leave or to stay at one of their houses, they have some great courses, support groups and counselling services. You can also get free counselling services through them or also through WINZ if needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>