FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOB Biggest loser Round 2!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OB Biggest loser Round 2!
    Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:41am
Thought I'd start a new thread for us to chat in. Hope that is okay

So this time I'm on a mission, TBH I wasn't really that dedicated last time but I have a wedding to go to on 13th Nov and it will basically be a highschool reunion so that's a pretty big motivator for me! So my goal is to lose 5kgs by then.

Took photos and did my measurements this morning.

Anyone done the couch to 5k program? I despise running and are seriously unfit but with limited time I think it will be the most time effective exercise for me. I have downloaded the podcasts that go with it - now just have to get off the couch! Dumb question though, for those of you who use an ipod when exercising where do you put it?? My trackies don't have pockets, can you buy a clip or something for it??

Edited by Mrs_B
Sponsored Links

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:48am
Yay!

You just reminded me to do my measurements. I am really gunning for a good loss this time too so will be putting in the essential hard work to get what I want.

I am and have been keen as a bean to do C25K. I have an app on my ipod that allows you to add your own music. I have an arm band for my ipod - yet to be used so I can't rate it but it is a belkin one and was about $40 at Dick Smiths. I get very tight calves when I run which result in extreme cramps and I then can't run properly. Apparently I have very poor running technique, heel strike and impact very hard when I run so I am currently getting running techniques from my trainer (also my Mum) and will put them to the test with C25K. Of course I expect my legs will protest, but not to the point of it being unbearable I hope!
TwinnyBump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinnyBump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:55am
Yeah I've given the C25K a go, I found it pretty good cos I too hate running but really wanted to like it. I was doing pretty well, but I got to about week five where I had to run 20min and through hell no I can't do that and gave up. But I'd really like to give it another go, I go to the gym and use the treadmill to do mine so I just rest my ipod on there but also do have one of those armband ipod holders which is pretty good.

That ipod app sounds like a good idea Xela, got a bit sick of the music that I downloaded with the C25K program. Where did you get the app from?

Maybe we could get a group together and all start at the sametime, just an idea…
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 9:57am
Wantabub - I bought the app from the ipod store - think it was a few bucks or so. I would be keen for a group - I am not entirely sure when I will be starting though - probably in a couple of weeks.
DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 11:19am
Morning ladies

I have to say I feel right at home already, it's not a good thing but I have the same problems as you have all mentioned above:

• I hate to run - but I want to like it as I know it will help the weight loss big time
  • My calves get really tight when running (or walking long distances) and I know for me it is down to the huge amount of weight I'm carrying - far too much for my height

The lowest weight I have been in a long time was 75kg just before our wedding in Feb 09 and that was still too high for my height (the whole BMI obese thing sucks!)

My goal is to get back down to that and then continue on to get into a healthy weight range, ideally by Noah's 1st birthday so I can like what I see in the photos...I hardly have any photos of him and me because I hate what they look like

Sorry for the ramble, just felt the need to put down in writing WHY I'm doing this, mainly to remind myself

Good luck everyone - we can do it!
VioletStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VioletStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 11:31am
Hey all!

I've done the C25K before and finished it, man it felt awesome being able to jog 30 mins straight!!

I've been thinking of starting it again too, great idea about having a group and starting it all together Wantabub

Other than Robert's podcasts there is another one. It's hip hop music, nice change from the trance/house stuff.

Robert's (trance/house): Link

Suz's (hip hop):
Link
Formerly Wishin41
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 1:37pm
when i was a PT i used to get my clients to do it. i did it slightly different though. do week 1, 2, 3, 4 then back to 3, 4, 5, 6 then back to 5, 6, 7, 8 etc... this way your body gets a wee bit of a break and you find you dont lose any fitness in the process.

i find it quite hard getting out for a run. by the time DH gets home and we spend our time sorting the kids and everything and then it is dark. all good though. i seem to be doing ok.

moving to aussie has my arse on fire as far as motivation goes. its really stupid but i spend heaps of time on the bondi rescue facebook page reminding me of where i will be living soon and how much i dont want to look like this.

im currently around 78 which is what i have been since i was 14 give or take a couple of kilo's from going up or down at various time. but this is the weight my body seems to be set to so every time i go down i get so excited that this will be the smallest i have ever been if that makes sense. i want to lose at least 500g a week. if i lose 800 one week i still want to lose at least 500 the week after cos last BL i lost nearly a kg a week for the first half and virtually nothing the second half.

im really hoping ppl keep chatting in here heaps cos i think it will be an awesome support network

ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 2:23pm

Yes my dedication wained last round!...but not any again. I want to lose about 8kg...definitely want to slim down for being a bridesmaid in April....and to be a healthy weight when we start TTC #2 next year sometime. I was a frikken heffalump at my boy's 1st birthday..and even now 20kg lighter I still HATE having photos. I can't wait for the day when I don't even give it a second thought when photos are taken.

xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 2:27pm
Yea I would really like to lose at least 6 kgs this round - obviously the more the better!!

I will get my body fat measured before training tonight as well and see how much I can get that down in 9 weeks.

If I am correct, this challenge finishes on December 1st - just in time before Christmas!!

Where's Kicker? I am sure she will muster up a challenge for us any day now!
DzinerGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzinerGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by ooEvaoo ooEvaoo wrote:

I can't wait for the day when I don't even give it a second thought when photos are taken.

Ditto! For the last 7-8 years I've been the one taking the photos and it only slightly bothered me but now we have Noah I would love to have photos together but I hate the way I look.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 2:51pm
for three days in a row i have done 40 pressups, 20 sit ups and 20 tricep dips off the couch. its not much but it is better than nothing and my tummy is heaps flatter. just from actually using the muscles and remembering what they feel like and stuff and im more aware of them when i stand and walk etc

blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:03pm
Final weigh in is 24th of November so I think it's 8 weeks. 9 weigh ins altogether including last nights. I think I may have had spirit fingers in previous thread as it's supposed to be 8 weeks and finish on the 24th (hate uneven numbers).

I hate the way I look in photos too!! And I hate it more when people know you don't like having your picture taken and then they whack one up on FB anyway!!!

I HATE running unless it's after DS and will never even think about C25K again. Just seeing the words/letters is making me want to superglue my butt to the couch. Absolutely no running. None, wouldn't even do it for a pair of new shoes. Nup. NO!

I am MOTIVATED as we have booked a holiday and have booked it to coincide with end of BL so that I have enough time to slim down and wear some nice beachy clothes. Can't wait.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:25pm
i was thinking if anyone else was keen we could start a thread in the photo gallery? i was going through facebook trying to find old photos of me not pregnant to show how awful i look and feel but cos im on a mac the files dont want to upload into photobucket. i dont really wanna take photos cos i feel disgusting but am willing to upload photos already there. lol

jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:29pm
Don't get me started on photos.....or those big shiny things call mirrors

So don't want to repeat the family xmas photos like last yr with supper skinny SIL who got copies done & sent them all around don't need to be supper skinny just curvy...not bulgy
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by monikah monikah wrote:

i was thinking if anyone else was keen we could start a thread in the photo gallery? i was going through facebook trying to find old photos of me not pregnant to show how awful i look and feel but cos im on a mac the files dont want to upload into photobucket. i dont really wanna take photos cos i feel disgusting but am willing to upload photos already there. lol

I did some on FMC....so hate looking at them
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:33pm
actually yea. mine are on there too. im so hopeless. i got started and then forgot to update. might jump on agian once the move to aussie is over and im not as crazy

Mrs_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by monikah monikah wrote:

I took mine in my underwear so not keen on putting those up!! lol

Edited by Mrs_B
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:40pm
hahhahaha thats fair enough. im thinking of doing some in my bikini (but not posting) becuase they actually make me want to vomit in my mouth. just so if i ever do get to my goal i can look at how gross they were and have before and after shots.

i want to put my weight loss ticker up but then i lose my kids ones so i can win.

blissful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blissful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:55pm
My before pictures are in my bikini and they are horrid. I also have a picture of me at the zoo with DS in front of the hippos and I swear they look anorexic.

And I'm really struggling today coz I'm so darn tired. Does anyone else really hate healthy food when they're overtired?
I think that has been a huge part of my problem this year is my insomnia has been really really bad.
monikah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2010 at 3:58pm
that is why with everything going crazy at the moment i am living of weightwatchers meals. i can plan my day out and then throw what i need in the microwave a voila

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>